1 mo

5 Most Useless Inventions That Are Pretty Funny

Bubbles45

Hello everyone, I haven't wrote a myTake in a very long time.. but today is the day! I hope you all at least get a good laugh from this silly inventions that actually exist! Why do they exist? The world may never know! Here's myTake on some of the most funny useless inventions I could find!

1. Stick Butter

Stick it to the man!
Stick it to the man!

This is most certainly not entirely *useless*, but I mean who's gonna carry around a literal stick of butter with them? That's probably not the best way to get your morning toast! Would you try this if you found it in the supermarket?

2. The Self-Watering Garden Can

The magical watering can
The magical watering can

This invention waters itself again once you try to pour the water out of it in a never ending loop. Incredibly silly and also quite funny, but it's proably not great if you are actually trying to care for your plants, it does look silly enough to be on display perhaps though!

3. Diet Water

Now with zero sugar!
Now with zero sugar!

Diet water is probably my go to water, so yummy with zero sugar or calories! All jokes aside why on Earth does this exist?! I guess *normal* water wasn't healthy enough!

4. Pet Rock

Comes with 20 cool action phrases!
Comes with 20 cool action phrases!

Okay, so maybe you aren't allowed to get a pet. Your parents say no, etc. That's fine, however why would the next best idea be to get a literal pet rock? I mean, rocks are everywhere and free! Why pay for a rock?! I suppose we will never truly understand the mighty rock.

5. Makeup Applier Face Mask

Maybe some of us have trouble putting on lipstick but this is totally outrageous! Could you imagine trying to wear this while getting ready for a big day or a potential date night? Umm, no thank you! Totally useless! I think I'll do it myself!

8
1

Most Helpful Guys

• WindAtMyBack
    " I mean, rocks are everywhere and free! Why pay for a rock? I suppose we will never truly understand the mighty rock."

I understand it. I bought a Pet Rock when I was out Christmas shopping. My friend who was with me bought one also. We went out to the car and read the instruction and training manual. We were laughing so hard that we actually went back in and bought another one.

It's the total absurdity of it that made it so great and popular. I really wish I still had my original pet rocks. I have no idea what happened to them. Maybe they ran away from home or got hit by a car.

The rock can do all kind of tricks. Like paying dead or sit. It can even roll over if you give it a little nudge. It doesn't get hungry. You don't have to clean up after it. You don't have to worry about it getting pregnant by the neighbor's rock. They are very faithful and will never turn on you.

Original Pet Rocks are selling for $30-50 on Ebay. So even after adjusting for inflation that's making a profit.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Nik1hil
    SAY WHAT? You guessed it. In 1975 the perfect pet was... a rock.

DID IT MAKE MONEY? My Pet Rock sold for $3.95, and creator Gary Dahl unloaded more than five million of the igneous invertebrates in six months. He walked away with a cool $15 million.

HOW DUMB WAS IT? That depends on your appetite for absurdity. Dahl imported the rocks from Mexico, packaged them in a cardboard box that mimicked a pet carrier – complete with air holes and a bed of straw – and included a 32-page pet training manual with tips and tricks on how to train your new pet to “sit,” “stay,” and “attack.”

So pet rock idea may seem stupid..
    But it gave the inventor a whopping 15 million $ if you think that much money is dumb then.. Yeah pet Rock was stupid idea..
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

16
  • Teyfet
    Actually, the Butter Stick is almost genius. It would really be a genius invention if they made it square and had a way to slide an actual stick of butter into it so that it would be reusable.

As for a seriously useless invention, look up the DVD/CD/Blu-ray Rewinder. ;)
  • menina
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Thank you for sharing this take with us!

Diet water and the pet rock are the most useless in my opinion. Who believes that normal water has sugar? 😂😂😂😂
  • SirJohn42
    Yes I agree. pretty lame inventions.
    Pet rock always makes me laugh.
  • AlwaysBelieving
    How would you even use the self watering gardening can?
  • zagor
    Maybe the top of the diet water is so hard to get off you burn a lot of calories...
  • MrCreep
    I don't know I see uses for some for something else lol
  • jimmy2
    You go wow usuless crap