Is it feminine for men to use straws?

Okay so bizarre question but i literally know some guys who legit refuse to use straws because they think it is unmanly? i don't see the deal or care lol, but this is what i have heard from more than one guy so anyone else have this opinion?
Is it feminine for men to use straws?
  • I think its unmanly for men to use straws.
  • I don't care and think its fine for guys to use straws.

3895

Most Helpful Guys

• These men probably have a distorted view of masculinity. If I had to guess, using a straw is either perceived as phallic (because it's a long, slender tube with holes at both ends... duh) or because using a straw makes them come across as dependent, that they need external help to get something done and they want to look as though they can tell the world to pound sand and be unaffected.

A straw is a tool, it is neither good nor bad--environmental concerns notwithstanding. It is used primarily to move fluid from one location to another and it serves that function well.

• I don't use plastic straws because plastic is bad for the environment, and there's really no need for straws, unless you cannot chew because someone dislocated your jaw.

Use a stainless steel straw instead.

Most Helpful Girls

• For the people who legitimately belive that a guy is gay or feminine for using a straw, you automatically are legally retarded. You have a severe case of mental retardation that is both incurable and untreatable.

• HAHAHAHHA... some guys genuinely are so protective and insecure of their masculinity they feel the need to not use straws to drink?

Is your masculinity so thin and fragile it will be damage by drinking? wow... meanwhile my boyfriend is out here letting me practise my makeup skills on him, literally letting me put lipstick and blush on him as he laughs about it and sends selfies to his friends, still being the most manly guy I know.