What does it mean when she says "you can come over anytime :)"?

There is this beautiful girl I have known and been in love with since high school. We became very good friends during this time. But, after high school, we went our separate ways and lost touch.

For the past month, we have been catching up and talking again. We went to dinner together, and have been texting quite a bit after that.

I haven't seen her in 2 weeks now, and that's mainly due to our work schedules conflicting. I told her I wanted to see her, and she responded in a text "you can come over anytime :)". I thanked her and told her once my work schedule slows down (which will be sometime this week) I will make it a priority to come and see her.

So, the conundrum is this...what exactly does this mean? I don't want to look too much into it, but she is not the type that just invites anyone over to her place (she just moved into her apartment) either.

She knows I care about her (I told her in high school), and I know she care for me, but I just don't know if that translates (for her) into feelings of more than friendship.

Any advice? What should I do?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't ask us. Call her out on the offer. If you're interested, let her know you really are, by inviting yourself over...she's essentially already given the invite. Tell her you're ready to take her up on her invite and try to set a date. It might be better to make it an official date, going out and all so it doesn't seem the way it could, but definitely make it clear that you are interested in "coming over anytime".

If she's serious about it, she will make it official. If not, she'll back track, which you can easily do yourself. Call her a tease and move on, or call her a bitch and cut off all communication. Whatever you feel she deserves.

I wish you luck!

• LOL. That was very good advice, thank you. I will definitely utilize all of the above...but maybe disregard the "bitch" part, hahah. But I get what you mean. Great davice, and once again, thanks!