What does it mean when she says "you can come over anytime :)"?

There is this beautiful girl I have known and been in love with since high school. We became very good friends during this time. But, after high school, we went our separate ways and lost touch.

For the past month, we have been catching up and talking again. We went to dinner together, and have been texting quite a bit after that.

I haven't seen her in 2 weeks now, and that's mainly due to our work schedules conflicting. I told her I wanted to see her, and she responded in a text "you can come over anytime :)". I thanked her and told her once my work schedule slows down (which will be sometime this week) I will make it a priority to come and see her.

So, the conundrum is this...what exactly does this mean? I don't want to look too much into it, but she is not the type that just invites anyone over to her place (she just moved into her apartment) either.

She knows I care about her (I told her in high school), and I know she care for me, but I just don't know if that translates (for her) into feelings of more than friendship.

Any advice? What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't ask us. Call her out on the offer. If you're interested, let her know you really are, by inviting yourself over...she's essentially already given the invite. Tell her you're ready to take her up on her invite and try to set a date. It might be better to make it an official date, going out and all so it doesn't seem the way it could, but definitely make it clear that you are interested in "coming over anytime".

If she's serious about it, she will make it official. If not, she'll back track, which you can easily do yourself. Call her a tease and move on, or call her a bitch and cut off all communication. Whatever you feel she deserves.

I wish you luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL. That was very good advice, thank you. I will definitely utilize all of the above...but maybe disregard the "bitch" part, hahah. But I get what you mean. Great davice, and once again, thanks!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It means she's comfortable enough to let you into her private space. Go over and have a good time. Most likely she knows you still like her so plus points to you that she would invite you 'anytime'. All the best.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's what I thought too, but didn't want to think more of it than that only to meet failure by her not wanting to see me for a few weeks. I definitely will, I just wish our schedules were not so crazy...it's really hindering us seeing one another.

• Show All
    • Very true. I will, and thank you again!

• You're welcome :-)

• she wants the D

1|1
    0|0
    • Lol. Care to tell me why you think that? I really do love her and I just don't want to screw anything up.

• I rarely want people at my place, friends or family, it doesn't matter. So if I was to tell someone to come over any time. That basically means I'm interested and it may lead to sex.

• Thanks for the advice. Sex definitely isn't what I'm expecting, but I won't dissuade it if it is thrown my way, especially for someone I've loved since high school.

• Make a move on her man, she's practically begging for you to jump her.

2|0
    0|0
    • Really? I'm a little cautious because I don't want to ruin our friendship if she doesn't want anymore than what I do.

• Show All
    • I will be more than happy to!

• Well it seems she's going out of town this weekend to spend time with her family. I totally understand. Plus, I work all day and some parts of the night, not to mention school this week as well. Our schedules just never seem to coincide :/. I'll definitely update again if we find some way to see each other.

Recommended myTakes