Fifty Shades of Abuse: Don't Ever Accept it Girl, You Are Way Too Special!

#NOMOREABUSE
#NOMOREABUSE

Abuse on women and girls takes on many forms - physical, psychological/emotional and spiritual. A girl in an abusive relationship, or situation, is far to common in American society and around the world! What happens to girls that are in a relationship where they are constantly belittled and treated like dirt, if not beaten?!

Many times they gravitate anywhere, and to anyone, that will appreciate them and love them when they are not getting that love with the abuser they are stuck with.

This then results in affairs where they are now accused of being the perpetrator, when in reality they are the victim! ...A girl that is desperate to get away from a situation that seems impossible to escape from, with no ending in sight to the torment she must endure. If you are in this situation, or know anyone who is, then you know what I am talking about.

Orianthi Panagaris, a 25 year old Australian musician, at the time, debuted on American Idol 8 years ago in 2010 with her first big hit song called "According to You" and is all about psychological abuse in a relationship! This song is listed as the top 10 most memorable audition songs of all time with American Idol!

Please girl...YES, I'm talking directly to you if you are in an abusive situation...don't accept one minute of physical, verbal and/or psychological abuse from anyone!...EVER!! YES, I SAID IT! - EVER!! HELLO?!

Dump any guy that treats you like dirt...just as you would a hot rock! There is a guy out there right now that will love you for who you are and treat you like the princess that you deserve to be treated as!

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS SONG! I PROMISE!!

1315

Most Helpful Guys

• I agree, don't ever accept abuse, goes for men too.

Most Helpful Girls

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 13

• Cool. And let me preface I agree with you.
    But how is this the guy fault and not the girl as well? They both share blame in this. She can walk away when the guy starts exhibiting this behavior if she’s self respecting. If not she’s probably putting up with it and ignoring your advice. Correct?

• No, girls do not share any blame for abuse Mr Porter. That is the logic of the abuser. He tells the girl that it is her fault that she is being abused. That is dead wrong. Yes, my advise is that all girls "not" put up with one minute of it. But it is far more complex though sometimes, then to say it's her fault if she does put up with it. Some girls feel that they have no where to go and no support so they stay in the abuse rather than face the unknown. Easy for us to say they shouldn't do that and then blame them as you allude to Mr Porter. But no girl wants to feel that she will have no where to go but to live on the street. Yes, there is help but many do not know that or where to find it. Please have pity on those girls Mr Porter, until they are able to reach out to someone that knows how to help them, ok?

• @ChurchOfIron What a coincidence. I was just tiring of your willful misunderstanding of everything I said, especially your rather tedious tendency to take anything I said to its illogical conclusion. I was pointing out that your "pull a tiger's tail" metaphor was flawed and trying to liken it to the the abuse victim's situation was rather nonsensical.

But you totally got me with your claim that the victim could be a master manipulator who provoke others into abusing him. Yes, that's something that happens all the time. So many people just LOVE being abused so much that they'll deliberately and maliciously provoke and manipulate otherwise innocent and harmless souls into abusing them over long periods. And CLEARLY there is no difference between an abusive relationship and someone losing their temper once. I bow to your utter wisdom and knowledge, which is clearly greater than my own.

• Also, Im starting to think you might not be completely clear on what "abuse" is. Abuse isn't always physical; it can be verbal and psychological.

I don't know the case you speak of where the girl convinced her ex to commit suicide... but from your description of that, I would say that in this case the GIRL was the abuser. Talking someone into suicide certainly counts as abuse in my eyes. She certainly was not the victim in this case. Would you then also say that the ex was at fault for going through with the suicide? Or would you agree with me that the abuser, in this case the girl, was the one at fault?

• If women are so much bothered about abusive relationships then who in the hell bought over 100 million copies of 50 shades of grey?

www.bullslicensing.com/.../50shades1920x1080.png

Most likely not you but still :/

Nobody might be able to fix naturally damaged goods.

• You can still be bothered by something and still buy a narrative. There are books about WW2 that people buy, it doesn't mean they weren't bothered by the narrative. Also, people might've bought it knowing about the BDSM (which is not abuse) but not knowing about the actual abuse. When you buy a book you don't know the entire plot.

• So can they have their opinion but i can't because you consider it being mean?
      Offense is taken, not given.

• Oh for heaven sakes!!
      Ok, MASTER, you are right again as always!!
      You happy now? ... why do I not think so!!

• Good take. Any woman or man who puts up with any form of abuse, physical and or mental is a fool and lacks in self respect.
    To many believe what they see in movies or read in books is gospel. They cannot tell fantasy from reality.
    I see young girls, teenagers proudly displaying badly bruised buttocks and thighs on tumblr. It's disgusting. It's no badge of honour.

• Every abuse requires someone willing to be abused. Abusers prey on weakness. Usually on weak people, but occasionally targetting specific weaknesses on strong people.

The best way to avoid abuse is to raise children into becoming strong people who are capable of standing up for themselves.

• Women don't treat men any better. Their minds have been poisoned by lies of feminists who hates men and want to destroy relationships between men and women.

• That's a terrible song. It's terrible that people are terrible to other people.

• everyone gets abused. live abuses you. what's the point in acknowledging it, if you can't even do anything about it?

• Abuse in a relationship is a sign that that relationship needs to die.

• if they dont want abuse they can end the relationship but deep down girls love it

• take no crap from guys

• The song's message is a good one at a high level, although it is pretty cliche. But musically the song represents everything that is wrong with most of today's music.

• A strange take, indeed.

• An even stranger opinion, indeed

• Don't get me wrong, I don't think anybody should be abused, not at all, but this Take was just promoting a song. It didn't contain any analysis at all.

• The purpose of this post Mr Ghost, which is make quite clear by it's context, is to encourage girls in abusive situations to get out of them, not to satisfy the needs of social engineers. It is obvious that you don't understand my post, as you have made clear, or the way women and girls think... I do.

• Now do one with the genders reversed. Should be interesting to see the responses from girls. If any.

• Nobody deserves to be abused, be they men or women.

• its featured so if you want to check it out.. wish it would of been promoted, that is really hard

• @xButterflyKisses87x Ok, I will look for it :)

What Girls Said 11

• I don't know if you meant to tie this in, but I truly believe that 50 Shades of Grey depicts an abusive relationship instead of a kinky one. Ana is terrified of Christian for the entire first book. She doesn't think any of the BDSM is sexy. She's afraid. That's a dangerous thing to depict and then pass off as erotica.

• No I wasn't trying to tie it in directly Ms Astoriana, but I heard what you are saying about the book too and many that didn't like it. I saw the movie "50 Shades Freed" and loved it because, at least in that movie, all was consensual, but I know the books can be different. Some didn't even like any of the movies either so your take is probably the correct one.

• It's no different from a lot of romance novels. Fear is often a means of excitement for women. My current girlfriend straight up told me she wants to be a little scared of me. I think it's a pretty common desire in women. Kinda proves he's dominant.

There's also something called misattribution of arousal. Soldiers experience it in combat. If you're being shot at, your dick can get hard as a rock and you can experience *ridiculous*, MASSIVE sexual arousal. Which makes literally no sense, right? I mean, you're being shot at. You could die. But the brain is stupid.

Both excitement and fear trigger the same bodily response in the sympathetic nervous system, so sometimes the brain can confuse which one you're experiencing.

Incidentally, this also means that when you're afraid, you can try and pretend you're actually excited. Like for a job interview or a first date. Works pretty well.

• @ChurchOfIron as a lifelong reader of romance novels, yes. But that doesn’t mean that romance novels aren’t glorifying abusive relationships because of a misunderstanding of BDSM.

The sub is meant to have all the power. The dom is merely there to act out their wishes. What Christian Grey is doing is NOT BDSM, by any stretch of the imagination. He’s a shitty dom, and you sound like one too.

• By the way, I love the mytake. ^_^

Just wanted to say... All those guys who argue that abuse victims are somehow partially to blame are REALLY starting to irk me. Really sorry you have to deal with clowns like that.

• Hi Ms Dina, I wanted to give you "MHO" most of all and I was so sad because I thought that your only input was only "within" the other posts so I couldn't give it to you. Then after I gave out my quota, I saw this post. I am so sorry because you deserve 10 MHO's for your input to my post!! YOU'RE THE BEST! Please forgive me :(

• *giggle* It's okay. And you don't have to be so formal. Just "Dina" is fine. ^_^

• Many women are in abusive relationships, but they don't understand that. They love the guy so much that they don't see that something is wrong, that the relationship isn't healthy.
    Other times they do realize it, but they don't break up because they are afraid of being beaten or even worse to get killed.
    It's a complicated situation and it's really sad.

Thank you for sharing this.

• My old roommate was in an abusive relationship. The guy use to come in and beat her and call her names in front of me. No matter how many times I told her to leave him she just wouldn’t. Then one day she agreed that she would leav him , I remember we spent a good amount of time typing out a message to him saying that she’s not interested anymore and that she wants to end things. He replied by saying that if she leaves him he is going to kill himself. 😡 I hated this guy sooo much. Long story short... within a week they were together again.

• Great Take xx👍🏻 Very informative

• Awe, your story about your friend is so so sad, but yet, unfortunately, so typical. I hope all of us as we get wiser can help other girls to stop the psychological dependency that the abusers have them addicted to. And thank you for liking my myTake Me Mish!

• Now I'm wondering if emotional abuse cpuld be wjat my ex did to me...

• Maybe so, but now, don't look back, look ahead, use your knowledge and wisdom to support and encourage other girls!

• That's a lot harder then it should be since I still love my ex

• I don't know why this needs to be directed to women specifically.

• Thank you❣️

• ♥️💋♥️💋♥️💋♥️💋♥️💋♥️💋

• Roger

• Definitly say NO to every and ALL forms of Abuse!!

• Honestly I don’t know what that is lo