"Stay Safe/Be Safe" What Does That Mean To You?

Stay Safe/Be Safe What Does That Mean To You?

So at the start of this pandemic, I saw a lot of people saying stay safe a lot,I did it myself. Which was heartwarming to see.

But, Coronavirus aside, there is so many other ways, people are not being safe where they could or should be that I personally feel isn't addressed enough.

So this mytake is about those other things/areas in your life that you should be more safe about.

A fitting song to start with:

Strangers

Just because you talk to people online, or even video chat with them, doesn't mean you "really" know them.

Even when you first get to know someone in real life, you don't see the real them right away because they will be on their best behavior. It takes time to see someone's true colors. So, you don't think people are doing that by video? How can you really know, just by video or text?

Chatting, sharing stories, getting advice is one thing. But people are doing way more than that. It's not even a moral issue, it's a Safety issue.

Things I personally feel people shouldn't be doing with people they don't really know like that are:

*Sharing nudes

You don't know this person, why would you share that intimate part of yourself with a stranger. Even if you think it's no big deal, do you think if it's safe or not. You are sending pics to a stranger who you don't know what they could really do with those pics.

So what if they promise they wouldn't share them, you can trust them. If you"don't know" them how do you really know you can trust that? Please stay safe/be safe when it comes to protecting yourself and your body.

Stranger Long Distance Relationships

Again, just because you've communicated or videoed someone, the feelings you develope for that person are based off what you "think" that person is like or what you ", think you know" about that person. But how can you really know just by social media interaction. Even people IRL aren't going to tell you the truth if they have bad intentions. Ted Bundy sure didn't. And he was a normal looking, attractive man. Bad enough when it's just someone playing you. But what if it's a dangerous person. Just because someone SAYS they love you, what does that mean?

Nowadays people throw that word around way too easily, way too casually/carelessly. Why open yourself up to that hurt. Any relationship you enter in, even in real life, you are taking a chance. But especially with someone you've NEVER met. Please Stay safe be safe with who you give your heart to.

And the most important thing I personally feel people are not being safe or smart about:

Sex

People are way too casual about sex these days in my opinion. And again it's not just a moral issue, it's a SAFETY issue to me. To have casual sex with random people is so not safe for so many reasons. STDS, just being one. But the fact you don't really know that person yet you'll have/share an intimate act with someone you don't know and don't know you can trust is really playing with fire, and that don't mean hot sex.

Have people not heard, or remember the Craigslist killer, hell they even made a made for tv movie about it.

And then the other aspect of sex where people are not being safe enough about:

Unprotected Sex

Again, having Unprotected sex with anyone is not safe, smart unless you really know and can trust them...

And it's not just about STD's... It's about preventing any Unwanted pregnancies. I recently asked this question,

Do You Think A Man "Not Wanting" The Pregnancy Should Absolve Him Of Any Financial Responsibility?

And the results were appalling to me

Ladies, if a boyfriend or husband thinks they can have unprotected sex with you and if you don't agree to an abortion, they feel it's their choice if they should have to provide financial support to a child, or walk away and leave you to deal with it, why would you take that chance with a stranger or casual hook up... Both parties should be equally responsible for preventing that, but some men feel because women are the ones that get pregnant, that responsibility falls on them alone. But as it takes two to "get" a woman pregnant, it should FALL TO BOTH....

But ladies, please please stay safe, be safe in who you choose to sleep with and about protecting yourself so you don't wind up:

Please people, be safe... Not just with/for yourself but with/for other people's feelings and lives....

And just remember:

So, Stay safe people... From the Coronavirus. But also from all the other dangers out there. Especially the ones that can be avoided by making smart/safe choices.πŸ’œπŸ§‘β™₯️

Thank you for reading πŸ’œπŸ§‘β™₯️

"Brainsbeforebeauty"😘

25
4

Most Helpful Guy

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thank you, for a great MyTake of yours.. Yes, we all got to be careful who we talk to no matter if we talk face to face on Videochat, Skype, etc. I believe that the Internet can not be trusted, there have been many websites that I have been on, this one site had this former Lawyer on the site called Kupika and on this site, this guy would talk to underage people and thankfully enough they set up a sting operation and he was caught in the State of Georgia going to meet a 16-year-old girl and sure enough it was an undercover female police officer so he was brought to justice he did jail time and was required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and what was scary he had a small child at the time so no one knows what became of her but yes I agree that giving pictures over the Internet or cell phone is horrible and can be used against someone or even sent to undercover police decoy and some pictures can ruin one's life I have a third cousin and she had sex with many partners and even experienced an STD when she was a teenager and she has 3 kids to 3 different Men. But we all got to be careful cause we just don't know... Thanks for sharing this well appreciated my Friend <3 <3
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you so much... As already have one asshat stacking me on this take.. Obviously he guilty of this type of behavior, or why else would be be so butthurt by this take πŸ€”πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• @Brainsbeforebeauty You're welcome... Sorry about the asshat, got warn the Women and you have my permission to use my Username or Member name in your future take I approve this message GoodGuyBreakingBad <3 <3

• Thank you πŸ§‘πŸ’œβ™₯οΈπŸ™‚

Most Helpful Girl

• ineedatan
    I don't know where to start or can't begin to tell you how much I needed to read this as a reminder for myself at this very moment.

Been struggling to justify if my decision and actions in avoiding/ghosting this guy was right or not... but this was a solid slap of reality. Thank you. β™₯️
    Is this still revelant?
    • I'm glad! I'm not trying to be a prude or judge others. Is just seen too many people get played by online people, both guys and gals. I know you can still get your heart broke in real life just as easy, sometimes more, cuz you spent more "real" time with them. But it's all way easier and faster to find out if they really up to no good than an online only relationship... I just hate to see people waste so much time when they should could be using that time finding, bring with someone for real... That's what you deserve!!πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ™‚

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

324
  • humanearth
    Hey Triple B.

Sup, playing it safe in everything. Take me for sample. I never give out my real name, address, birthday, I do everything I possibly can to protect my identity online. Like avoiding Google, Facebook, Amazon, Yahoo and other sites very well known for stealing your data without consent. They call use of it for advertising. We all know that's a lie. Our own government pays them to spy on us and been doing software and internet spying sence 2008.

Who knows I could be on a watch list for buying panties and lingerie online. A crossdresser is the next terrorist of the USA.

All your online shopping and browser history is storied for life. Unless you know the secrets to beat the system. (More on that some other time)

But what about someone going though your trash at the dump. Hell the best hackers all the need a piece of old mail with your name and address. And boom with a good internet search. Just armed with your name address. They can find out your whole life. From your cars you own to your social security number.

Talk about being safe as a whole new meaning now days.

How about being screwed over by a loved one. Like my ex-wife wiped me out. Emptying bank accounts, 401K and everything that was tied to us. Then opening up other accounts under your name.

Yeah before she was my ex-wife she stole my identity right in front of me. I was played like a piano. 20 some years later. That shit still affects me, exspecialty background checks for applying for government job or bids.

So even when you think your safe, even your own wife. Will take it for granted.

So want to be safe don't trust anyone, even your own family
    • Who you telling... I do know that... Most my "family" is people I'm not related to any most the people I don't deal with is the toxic"supposed family"that hurt me far worse... So, preaching to the choir

• humanearth

Yeah, what a shitty world we live in now. Why can't we keep the innocents of children. Life has a way of making us hard and tough skinned

• Right... Think mine tougher than an alligator... Think it funny people think they can hurt you online or get you triggered... Like WTH if I didn't cry the morning found hubby dying on the floor, wtf would people think I'd cry over some person so unhappy in their life they can only feel better attacking people on line... Don't think you that powerful people really... But it has caused lots of laughter and jokes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• JackSmy
    Good words, well-thought and posted. Sadly, most will ignore that Sage advice, and do exactly what you warn them of!
    Are we "Doomed" as sooooooo many cannot learn from the mistakes of the past, or the mistakes of others?
  • Reign_Interrupted
    I agree for the most part. I think we should stay on our toes with everything we do. And always go with your gut. I don't too much care for meeting strangers online, but my brother met his wife that way and they've been together for 4 years and married for 2. I think it's rare but does happen. It's just not for everyone. Good MyTake Ms. Beauty! ❀
    • Thank you! And yes in a few cases it does work... But not the way some people using it... Married dudes using internet to sext, get nudes while wifey at work... Or wives doing it while hubby at work.. Or playa dudes telling internet"girlfriends" they "love" them while having sex with real in life women or women doing that to men... Glad it worked out for your brother tho πŸ§‘πŸ™‚

• People will always be assholes but that's on and off line.

• True datπŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• DanaeAdam5
    Personally "stay safe" To me means to not make any stupid decisions or anything that could risk your health/wellbeing

And follow your instinct
  • FatherJack
    Well put , and another reminder , as well as some of the toxic responses underpinning that , why I far prefer other species over my own... I am turning more into a full on misanthrope with every passing day !!
  • 1Sophisticatedme
    To me it says, stay healthy, and hope we dont catch the virus thats going around bc if i get it its not going to be nice.
  • Dragonstarterplus
    "Stay safe/Be safe"

Its just something you say at then end of a conversation to let the other person know the conversation is over
    • Well for me, I mean it.. But stay safe from more than just Coronavirus

• ChocoBrownieMonster
    I'm very observant, if somone says stay safe to me i look for tone of voice. If they just say it, i'll know. If they mean it i'll know.
    Dont say it if you dont mean it.
    As for you're take, it's good, it's a reminder but you know you can never be too careful. It spoils a natural way of opening up to someone if you're always raising your eyebrow.
    People have natural instincts, i'd trust that.
  • Slartybartfast
    My friends use this expression to warn our friends about women and to avoid them and not follow your d***
    • Cuz just"ALL WOMEN"the problem and no "MAN" is... Yeah with that mindset I agree stay away from women...

• TCredo
    Great post and advice here Toots. I cannot imagine how you'd get an angry anons popping off with what you've said as it's all good reminders for being safe which the world always need but maybe now more than ever.

We have a TTDALWKA meeting later tonight. I'll be sure to include this My Take into my opening remarks and will even suggest we incorporate it into our charter - your themes fit nicely with what we like to promote with many of the damsels we rescue :)

For those who might be unaware... TTDALWK is the Tic Tac Dick Ass Licking White Knights Association :)
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚mho here... And Albot... Pay attention here... superb opinion worthy here πŸ€”

• TCredo

Thanks lol :) And I just skimmed below and saw the pot shots... at least not anon lol... still uncalled for and comical... and I guess I will not see either of them at the TTDALWKA meeting tonight lol

• See least those in attendance should have fresh breath... Well before the a$$ licking starts anyways... So save some tic-tacs for after πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Jjpayne
    This is all good stuff! It's worth it to be safe! Great mytake! :)
  • CubaPirate
    Look after all aspects of life and try to make informed decisions by taking risk factors into consideration
  • To me that means to use one thing your brains because if you don't use them you're going to be in trouble
  • Lovethecountry
    Good read! I have to stay safe every day, not necessarily sexual, but medically, my job etc...
    • Yeah stay safe could cover a multitude of things.. But stay safe lol πŸ™‚πŸ’œ

• COMMODOREII
    That's right BBB!! Great my take!! 😎👍
    From the Elephant man. 😛😛😛
    • Careful responding to anything I post, before you get labeled another of my ass kissing white knights on here... Why people keep trying to target attack me.. Don't hurt me, but takes the fun out of it.. Think it's really time to say goodbye to this toxic place...

• Good riddance.

• @JokersWild99 who the hell are you? 😑

• bradbradley
    well could mean be safe in anything you do with the sickness going on and sexual so stay safe in whatever you do i guess
  • Avoid danger don't run with sisor s or loaded weapons some weird saying be safe
  • sc-papaj6500
    Safety First! You got to protect number one. Which is you! Everyone should have hand-to-hand combat and firearms training help keep our neighborhoods a little safer
  • It means respect the rules and guideless and start indoors if feel any syptems of cornavirus.
  • IronmanT
    Well.. not too worried... if covid dosnt end me my job will
    • This wasn't about covid... It was about other things people need to be safe about... Did you read it?

• IronmanT

Just saying.. of the current more likely things to go wrong for me... its probably the iron that would do it

• Oh okay πŸ‘ well stay safe πŸ™‚

• Avicenna
    Excellent advice
  • Finchie40
    Means don’t do dumb shit , have common sense
    • Exactly... Know who you dealing with people πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ People think I'm a prude or old fuddy Duddy cuz don't internet hook up, but then I'm not the one thing all these why didn't the relationship with questions πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ mine worked for 20 years, cuz it was a real in life relationship, just saying lol

• *asking all

• MannMitAntworten
    Wear two condoms.
  • 888theGreat
    Safe is wearing a cup when are playing baseball.
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yeah true that not that I would know I'll have to take your word on that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• You too, you don't want to walk around with a baseball stuck in there.

• I was more a swimmer lolol I was on the swim team in highschool

• msc545
    Interesting Mytake - thanks!!
  • mrgspoter
    Thnx mam
  • Oric5
    This site must be your whole life.
    • Yet you on here πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ is there anything you wanted to say other than trying to be an ass πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• Oric5

I am on here sometimes but to assemble that post to reach what 50 girls the value in time measured devalues ultra fast for you.

• Don't worry bout me, worry bout yourself...