What I want for my life...

lilyanony1

I don't want to live in a world where its all about getting money. Where me being me isn't enough.

Where the only way I'm entitled to have an opinion is if I look, earn, dress or know the right people.

I don't want followers I want real friends.

Friends that love me, speak the truth but most of all actually have my back because that's more important than tearing me down.

I want to meet someone that loves everything about me. That likes the idea I have of creating the ideal world that provides us with the work life love balance. A partner that doesn't tell me I'm delusional for wanting that kind of life. That doesn't pressure me to be anything more than I am.

I want a partner that is supportive and see the value in all I currently and want to do.

I want a partner that knows what he brings to the table and confidentially presents that.

I want a family, that loves and laughs together. That fights but always makes up and actually forgives.

They see a future they can build together, they are inclusive,giving and kind.

I don't think my request is too much but I also know you can't force these things on anyone either.

I just would like a world where life isn't determined by what others are saying it "should" be.

I just want peace.

What I want for my life...
What I want for my life...
6
1

Most Helpful Guys

• Jjpayne
    That is a good and refreshing look on life and I could not agree more!!! You want honest people with honest goals in mind. Just simple stuff, desiring friendship or a relationship of sharing with each other. No expectations but simple enjoy and desire of you as a person. I was just thinking of this as I watched the lord of the rings recently. What I want for my life...Frodo wakes up with a bunch of people that value and appreciate him. That is what a partner and friend should be like. To not look at your weakness as a disadvantage but to be worried for you and want to help you when you are in trouble.

You can always find a true person when they come to visit you in the hospital without being asked.

True friendship and relationships are great things to want for yourself.

I do hope that I can be a good and true friend to others in my life as well 😅
    Is this still revelant?
  • krin_m
    Sounds very reasonable to me!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

14
  • exitseven
    Yes. I know people who are very career oriented and have a big house, nice cars etc. They do not seem to be any happier than I am. Some seem to be downright miserable. They have a high paying job that they hate but can't quit because they need the income to fund their lifestyle.
    I was offered a job a few years ago that paid really well. It was kind of a pain in the butt but the thing was that they gave me a company iPhone and I guess I was supposed to be on call 24/7. Well, I used to take the phone and put it on the charger as soon as I got home and wouldn't look at it until the next day. Needless to say, I didn't last too long there. I'm just not somebody who wants to be defined by what kind of job I have,.
    I have a decent job, live in a nice house and have a nice wife and great kids. We never went to Disney World and sometimes we struggle to pay the bills but maybe it brings us closer together.
    I consider myself a pretty happy person. I could always use more money but I don't want to have a job that completely takes over my life.
    • I couldn't agree more. I personally don't live to work, I work to live. My time away from work is precious, and if that makes me not focused or driven then so be it. I want a decent life where I can look back and just be happy.

• This is more than reasonable. It's really not much to ask for.

But alas, we are in the real world and everyone hangs at the mercy of the money. Money is our entire livelihood. It's good if we have it and not good if we don't.
    • lilyanony1

I hear you. Thank you for treating this with care. I'm in a place of accepting the crap so to speak. I'll will keep going but I recognise anything of real value will take forever on my own. But it's better to take my time than keep bitching and killing myself for it you know. I just can't be bothered to get so worked up anymore.

• Unit1

You're smart! Allocating resources, time and energy towards more meaningful things will definitely pay off big time, you'll see. I fully commend that. We need more folks like you and me out there, who talk less and do more.

What I want for my life...

• lilyanony1

You're a sweetheart x

• AlexanderAnttila
    You may not be Christian but still, I'll say Amen to this. I believe peace is what all humans seek when it comes down to it, not just what we want but what we really need.

But this reality does exist; a reality where your worth isn't determined by looks, status or wealth but by the simple fact that God loves you, that He has bought you at the highest price with the sacrifice of His only begotten Son and set you free, so that all sins may be forgiven. A reality where this world is a fallen one, steeped in sin, but man's intended nature is that of love, kindness, righteousness, truth, purity, nobility. A reality where meeting someone who loves you like that is a given, because it is how God bids us to live as man and wife.

If you aren't a believer, I'd encourage you to give God a chance and pray to have Him prove that He is there to you. As Christians we always have Christ to turn to who is with us now and until the end of ages. :)
    • lilyanony1

Thank you Alexander for you kind words. I just came off the phone to my grandfather who has said the exact same thing. I stopped drinking randomly in 2016 and haven't looked back. I don't club or do drugs (never have) I dropped a lot of people that proved they weren't friends and the relationship I was fighting for proved to be a waste of time simply because he didn't actually love me. He was just out for what he could get from me. I do believe in a higher being and I do pray. But in my previous experience having gone to church I wasn't surrounded by genuine Christians. So I guess I'm in a place where I'm kind of seeking peace/salvation alone.
      I struggle like everyone, to stay motivated in these times and in my working life it is very testing. I'm looking to move away and start a new so I can live more authentically-me...
      I won't give up on seeking God. I guess I'm just ready to fully commit to a religion, why I don't know but I guess I'm getting closer.

• What you've experienced with your grandfather and now me is confirmation I would definitely say. God is telling you that He is indeed there.

I understand fully the struggle, and the prevelance of false believers, the legalistic and the lukewarm, the strict and the promiscous, both ditches are equally abhorrent to the Lord but sadly occur in church at times. The Bible does say that in the end times there will be a great "falling away" from sound teaching and the real truth.

I am too always developing and seeking the Lord, as the Bible says; "work out your salvation with fear and trembling". It's a lifelong journey with the Lord to discover your identity in Christ and to sanctify yourself.

Jesus makes it very clear when He preaches and teaches that He hates religion. It is what he critiqued the pharasees and lawmen for, they only practiced hollow routines and acted pious for show and recognition. Being a Christian is about a relationship with God, not a religion, that is what the Father wants. A deep, personal connection with every single one of his children.

Submit all your ways to the Lord and He will make your paths straight, Scripture also says. I have no doubt in my mind that He will lead you to that new place, where you can start anew and live as truly you. If, you trust Him to. And if you want at least one Christian friend, you can always write me. :) We who believe are all brothers and sisters after all, in God's Kingdom.

• lilyanony1

You're very sweet Alexander 🙏🏾 thank you

• msc545
    I want pizza
  • Anonymous
    That's too much nowadays
    • lilyanony1

Why?

• Anonymous

Because when u want those things u always people & men mock or take advantage of u
      It happened to me

• Anonymous

I got mocked and ignored because he didn't say to my face but he wanted to make my life hell because I was "chink" he said his friends
      I wanted to make him happy and love him he just hated me right away