What I want out of life.

What I want out of life.

It has actually been suggested to me by my therapist at one point that I write down what I want out of life. I'd like to think I don't want a lot out of this life. I know there are certainly people who want a lot more than I do and I'd like to think what I want isn't unreasonable.

What I want out of life.

1. A Career

What I want out of life.

Right now I'm studying to be a Private Investigator and I'm writing a book I hope to get published someday. I don't expect to simply have what I want in life handed to me on a silver platter. I wasn't born rich. I do want to work for what I have in this life. I want to look at what I've done in my life and say, I earned that. I have never had much personal pride. I'm not a happy person and to be honest I don't know if I ever will be. However I want to be able to look at my life and say, I've earned that, I worked for that, maybe then I will finally know what its like to feel proud of myself.

2. To have a fulfilling relationship.

What I want out of life.

I may not want kids but I hope to be married someday. I don't want to grow old by myself. Its just a part of the human condition I guess.

3. A House on the Coast of either Washington State or Maine.

What I want out of life.

It doesn't need to be large, infact at some point a large house is just a waste of space. I just want a place where I can relax. I want to see snow hit the ocean on cold winter nights. I want to feel the warm winds off the ocean on a spring afternoon, and I want to cook outside on the long summer days, and to read by the fire on chilly autumn nights.

4. Spiritual fulfillment

What I want out of life.

I used to be a Catholic, now I'm Pagan, what hasn't changed is the fact that I want to be spiritually fulfilled. The natural world always makes me feel more spiritual, so does helping others, and learning more about the universe. It's always been like that.

5. To see the world

What I want out of life.

I want to set foot on all seven continents, I want to cruise the Arctic (I'm currently saving up.) I want to see Europe, I want to hunt Elk in the forests and plains of Montana and Javelina in the deserts and scrublands of the American Southwest. I want to walk Another (I've walked the jungle in Puerto Rico) Jungle. I want to see the islands of the Philippines and those of the Canadian High Arctic. I want to see the world in all its glory and wonder.

119
Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• I want a lot of the same things too. My family isn't rich, but we're the upper part of the middle class. I hated hearing my parents say that I earned something in life because they make good money so I started working for everything in life myself. Right now I am focusing on getting my career as a surgeon's assistant started. I would like a cute tiny house with plenty of trees and vegetation, so I can't see my neighbors nor can they see me. I want to travel around the world too.

• It's really good to read this- I don't know if you remember the conversation we had coming up to a year ago now but I do, so this is a very welcome update <3

Your goals aren't unreasonable at all, but you should also make sure to break them down in your head into smaller things you can accomplish working towards them. Each step on the way to the bigger achievements is an achievement in itself :) . Equally try not to analyse how happy you are overall or how well you measure up to your ideals; emotions are transient and we're often happiest in the moments when we're not thinking about it too hard. Remember too that you have so much worth regardless of your productivity or how well any one of these quests you've set yourself is going at any given time

• I know, but I don't think my life will be worth much without at least 2 and 4

Most Helpful Guys

• Always have goals and don't feel frustrated if some goals seem to be beyond your reach. If all your goals are attained, you then have no goals and that makes for an unhappy life.

• I don't think this is too much to ask for, and nor is it unreasonable, or unrealistic.

I wish you every success in achieving getting what you want out of life, and I'm also confident that you can.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 9

• Good Take! I hope you succeed in finding what you want in life

• Mmm you seem like a really interesting person. when you said " I'm not a happy person and to be honest I don't know if I ever will be." that's powerful.

I read what you want out of life and really I want the same things, and I also come from a home without silver spoons :) and I want to work very hard to have a successful career and a home.
    After essentially discarding a very healthy and good relationship, I want a fulfilling one so bad. But also the wisdom to do things differently.

• I know a lot more about you than I did yesterday.

I'm Wiccan. Are you?

• That's cool. But your coastal house is too far north. 😎

• Nowadays that literally most of our generations wants but we got screwed over!!!

• @NatashaJ Baby boomers too got screwed over by the Hayek &Reagan generation. And once more by the G-W Bush generated 2008 crisis.
      My parents had a good income but lived hardship during WW2 and wanted to enjoy their life after it. Thus they saved not much. No nice inheritance for me.

• @jacquesvol No one owns you a inheritance it's their money they can do what they want with it. If they want to give it to charity they can or to someone else they can't up to them. But this generation is more screwed then generations before.

• My son and grandchildren will get an inheritance from our savings
      I could spend that money on travels, flashy cars, a boat etc but I don't feel entitled to do it.
      I don't want them feel screwed over.
      I d

• Good take

• Marry me

• Cool take, good luck 😊

• Good.

What Guys Said 7

• That's good. You're making progress at figuring out what you want to do with your life. You're starting to figure out what you want your life's purpose and direction to be instead of letting every day go by again and again and again.

• I've never had a concrete idea of what I wanted, but everything I did want required the cooperation of other people. That's not often happened. I like your ideas, though.

• Great take - Nice and simple - Just the basics for a full life

• I want happiness. I didn't get it all the time but things go much better now.

• I agree with everything except spiritual fulfillment.

• love the mytake. Seems like you and I are in the same boat. But for me... I want happiness..

• i want most of the same things.