Is it OK for men to be fat slobs while expecting women to stay fit for them?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

1233

What Girls Said 12

• A fat slob (someone who over eats with no concern of what they eat) is different from someone who has a medical condition (or takes medication) that makes them big. Just need to find the difference between them, and both guys and girls have these issues.

• Some men will think so, but then, they probably won't be able to pull a woman at all.

• It's simple you get what you give.

• Not ok

• Don't think she'll stay with you if you let yourself go

• No, absolutely no!
    +10 point to you for the Fat Bastard picture

• What if the woman likes fat guys though?

Or they exercise for themselves. Not the guy.

• Both gender should probably try to be as healthy as they can or have a normal diet that doesn't let them get to that point...

• No. That's idiotic.

• Be a fat slob. Not fit girl will want to be with you anyway so it's not like we'd care.

• Of course not
    Because they’re usually the kind that act like stuck up bitches. ‘Don’t eat that you’ll get fat.’ Or ‘you need to go to the gym’. Like shut up fatty and practice what you preach.

• I wouldn't be compatible with that type of guy so nope!

What Guys Said 33

• It is one of many double standards in the minds of men.

"Women don't want a fat/ugly guy like me. Their standards are too high and they are too picky"

Here is a woman that is eager to see you.. she roughly matches your size and appearance..

"I am not attracted to her, what is the point of seeing someone i am not attracted to?"

The classic double standard...

• Some women say that their attraction to a man is not physical but based on his personality, so I understand how some guys might justify this idea, but I still think it is wrong, wrong, wrong!

• Who the hell cares what she likes. I stay fit because I am into athletics and I enjoy that high energy euphoria from taking a casual 10 mile run or hitting the iron. Your question’s priorities are inverted. So go run your fat bastard ass off for you and the hell with her.

• No and it works vice versa. People who think they’re entitled while their partner looks their best and they don’t have to is the poorest excuse for a human

• If your partner is just slim, that's how it is xD but I don't think you can expect what you're not doing yourself.

• I say no. Then again, I also had the misconception that women are as visual as men are (I am). So while I have a little bit of flab, a gal that has a hot body could be interested in a little flab. It just all depends.

• Being a fat slob is dangerous to your health, hard on your body, and injurious to your libido. Forget your partner; man or woman, stay fit for yourself.

• yeah but don't be shocked when it turns out she's banging your neighbour and she's maintaining her figure for him

• it is not ok for both.
    I go to the pool every 2-3 days and expect a girl who likes me to be willing of keeping in shape

• It's really what both partners are comfortable with (I don't mind if my Partner is a bit overweight as long as SHE is comfortable with her body), but, yeah, it's ridiculous for a guy to expect that.

• Of course, why do you even ask?

No, in all seriousness. Why would anyone even want to be a fat slob? I work out because it makes me feel good, energetic and strong. I feel bad after I've not exercised for a week or two and I've been eating bad. It motivates me to start exercising more and to start eating healthy for a bit.

I'll kind of reject your premise... this word ok. According to who? It isn't up to the guy to determine if it is ok or not, that is up to the woman. If a guy lets himself go and gain weight and is rejected by all women and can't get a girlfriend than that would motivate him to get in shape.

Men and women are free to choose or not choose those they find attractive. There aren't really any rules as to what is ok in the realm of attractiveness. I'd say both sexes will appeal to the most possible prospects when they are fit and in shape. The more out of shape you get you will begin to "appeal" to less and less members of the opposite sex.

• No but it's also not ok for women to be fat slobs and then call fit men shallow for not wanting to date them

• It isn't right for anyone to do that. I don't care what their gender is.

But there are some women out there who do this. So if this goes one way, it's difficult for me to have much of an opinion if the other way also applies.

At the end of the day, stupid people do stupid things I guess. :/

• Unless someone has a serious medical illness like elaphantitis I have no pity for anyone who is a fatass, man or woman. all you have to do is eat less.

• Is it okay? I don't see why not. Is it reasonable? Not really. The same goes for fat chicks and their expectations of men. Be the kind of person that you want to attract

• No..

• It's not okay for Jabba the Hutt, to expect his wife to be princess Leia.

• Sadistically 1 out of 200 people are as healthy as I am. Should someone be at that level for dating me?

I don't think so. That's a very superficial way of seeing it.

• No move should stay fit. You feel better and are more attractive to each other

• Hell no! It's not fair. Why should he get to be lazy and self serving while his ol' lady makes an effort to stay fit? That is just selfish! I'm a big, fat guy myself but, I'm on a diet tom lose that weight and slim down. The saying "No pain, no gain." is true. You want a mate who is good looking in addition to everything else that you want them to be like? Then stop overeating and take better care of your body. Fair is fair.

• Yes. Fat guys have to deal with rejection but fat women think men should love them for who they are.

• Either you be a fat slob and she can do whatever she wants, or she gets to be the fat slob and you need to stay fit. Take your pick.

• Well I would say its hypocritical but nothing inherently wrong with it.

• No, but seeing how there are more overweight/obese women than there are men, it seems this isn't a male issue.

• Of course it's ok. Silly question.

• Yes it is OK for women to do it apparently so it's ok for men too

• Everyone has their own likes or dislikes

• Yes.

• Yes.

• That picture is very provocative

• More from Guys
    3