How long does it take to build trust?

Whether it’s relationships, friendships, companionships etc.

824

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, it has just as much to do with you, as the person whom you are trying to establish trust. The problem is, for most people (including myself... being as humble and real as possible), that it’s easier to look outwards, like a referee, looking for reasons why or why not to trust someone, but the problem is... referees aren’t participating are they? They aren’t even contributing to the purpose or cause of the result, they are just there, on the sidelines. So that isn’t good.
    To actually become part of it, you have to equally question yourself, why you are seeking reasons to trust, or reasons not to trust, just as much, as focusing on the person you think, you should be evaluating, and in reality, it’s you

Most Helpful Girl

• That is such a great question. Trust is earned. You can be the most honorable, trust-worthy person in the world and still have a tough time earning the trust of someone who was betrayed by someone they once trusted. So I don’t think there’s any way to determine a standard length of time for how long it takes to build trust. People’s past experiences, prejudices and willingness to be vulnerable all play a part of giving their trust, and everyone is different.

Just remember…. trust can take years to build but only seconds to break, and a lifetime to repair.