Do you think you can have emotional intimacy without physical intimacy?

2742

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, I think it is possible based on my own experiences. I'm saving myself until marriage and I have connected with men in a deep emotional way. I also grew close to a friend and fell for him due to the emotional intimacy... There was no kissing nor any physical intimacy. There was laughter and deep conversation. He was my best friend and he knew my deepest secrets and I loved all of his idiosyncrasies. We were open and honest, so in a way we were emotionally naked with each other <3

• Nope. I'm extremely dependent on physical contact.

• *when I say this I dont meant sex in any way. I'm not very interested in sex, I prefer hugging and cuddling and just- any contact not involving sex.

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes it's possible. But it can be quite rare. Since either the one or the other eventually craves more. And may start to desire physical intimacy too

• Yes, most definitely. So I think physical intimacy, when it's done right, is a sign of the emotional intimacy already there.