How would you feel if your SO had a work spouse?

Would you feel upset? Is it crossing a line? Have you ever had a work spouse yourself?How would you feel if your SO had a work spouse?How would you feel if your SO had a work spouse?How would you feel if your SO had a work spouse?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It you are married it's disrespectful considering you are only. really. thinking of ypurself. and not thinking how. your partner would. feel about it , your partner might say they are. ok with it but deep down they aren't but they dont. want. to sound like. they dont trust you so they tell you what you want. to hear , this type of thing can cause conflicts in relationships , i have seen this happen and it usually ends in disaster cuz the work spouse starts getting to comfortable and in most cases will. try to make a move , it's ok to have work friends but always best to not get. too close if. you respect. your partner and love your partner out of. respect you shouldn't allow this. to happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always had one. Just happened. She aswell. Don't see a problem with it. Not like one go to bed with them, kiss etc.

Closest to date is usaly a meal together in the kantina, or pizza when working overtime.
    Nothing romantic with it.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I personally have a "work husband" and he is literally just a good work friend. We vent to each other about shit happening in our lives and we take turns bringing each other lunches. We are CNAs and work 12-16 hour shifts at a time and he's just that person that I talk to at work because I spend so much time with him. But there's nothing romantic whatsoever and me and him both have normal relationships outside of work and have even all hung out together with our partners. There shouldn't be anything wrong with it as long as it is strictly friends.

3|2
    0|0
  • I mean as long as they're not affectionate on that level and I come before her then I don't care.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Thatโ€™s how I feel about it. I got close to a married man at work quite unintentionally and he ended up leaving his wife. We later parted ways but my partner at the time thought I was cheating with this man, freaked out and broke up with me in an unbelievably cold way. Watch out.

2|2
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

Who says sneaky conversations are happening. My significant other is welcome to join the conversation at anytime.

• ? what the hell is a "work spouse"? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

And which idiot falls for that big bag of BS?

If it's a friend from work then call them a friend from work... the second she bring that "work spouse" BS home... she's going to get her ass kicked through that cat flap...

1|0
    0|0
  • the fuq ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ `work spouse`?
    They would have a hard time convincing me that they don't want to fuck, every time he works late I would be worried.

2|4
    0|0
  • That's crossing the line, I would divorce his @ss in a heartbeat.

1|1
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

Wait please explain to me what a work spouse is

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

Ohhhh! Okay

• 6 d ago

@Alyssa_K yes it does sometimes lead to something more.

• I'm aware of what the term means and all that, but what a STUPID label. Very insulting and condescending to the actual husband too... don't care if 'work' is the prefix or not. I am not a jealous guy whatsoever, but I would not be having that shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • My wife had a work husband for quite some time, but he was... how to say... such a timid, beta kind of guy I never really worried about it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh that's grounds for divorce. I don't play that๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

1|1
    0|0
  • Kick and screw his ass. But i know he won't do that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Isn't that kind of thing inappropriate at work anyway. Just come out as polygamous. It'd save everyone a lot of trouble.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as some lines are not crossed I would have no problem with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • So basically somebody that you aren't sexual with but are very close to, sharing personal and private details with and that sort of thing? That just sounds a really close friend. I would be fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • She totally does!! He is this wonderfully funny, sarcastic gay man, and I don't want to offend anyone, but I think he is just the most hysterical joy to talk with!! I know why she adores him!!
    He describes himself as a 'Sarcastic Bitch', his words, not mine, so no offense intended to anyone!
    She told me that she really was drawn to him because of his fashion sense, and when she first started working there, he was 'bitchy' and judged her cloths with a 'dismissive look'. I have no idea what that means, but at some point, they seemed to connect, in some way!
    I am a little nervous how she talks with him, about our relationship, and what she shares, but I trust her, and know he is like her 'best girlfriend'!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would feel like itโ€™s time for her work husband to pay for her shit cause Iโ€™m out.

I think another term for that would be back up guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask them to choose between the workplace spouse or me

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd be pissed as hell off and probably ask her to move out for a while till she gets her life in order

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be upset, but my crush doesn't have one and my female coworker is her cousin and knows it all :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Its ok
    It is what it is

Its how a spark can develop yes but not much we can do about it i think

0|0
    0|0
  • Happy that all the time I spent scouting areas to dispose of corpses will finally pay off

0|0
    0|1
  • a lot of female try to do this to me. Just ignore it and walk away

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be cool with it. Reminds me of that one King of Queens episode.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean it's cheating so of course i'd call off the relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • If u have a work spouse then why so why if your so does the same will u be ok

0|0
    0|0
  • If boundaries are crossed then it's cheating

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell naw

1|1
    0|0
  • I would be pissed

1|1
    0|0
  • Only if heโ€™s gay.

1|0
    0|0
  • Jealous as long as he leaves work at work...

1|0
    0|0
  • In every job I've ever had.

1|0
    0|0
  • The fuck is that?

0|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

It's usually when you have close friendship with a co-worker and you have bond similar to being husband and wife. Even though they have never done anything physically or romantically. It's quite common.

• Its cheating according to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too thrilled, probably

0|0
    0|0
  • what is a work spouse

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what that means.

0|0
    0|0