My revised take on Light and Dark with new ideas - Bible Talk

jennifer_bloom

In a previous post I said Light is a symbol for sweetness and connection

Now I will add that Light is a symbol for purity and purification

In a precious post I said dark was a symbol for warfare

Now I will add that darkness is a symbol for hostility

When Jesus says to make sure the light within you is not darkness

It means to make sure the purity within you is not hostile to lesser purities

When it says “if the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!”

It means if the purity that is within you is hostile, how deep and severe is that hostility

God is a recipe for love and blessing and healing and forgiveness and redemption and compassion and joy and freedom and generosity and graciousness and sweetness and tenderness

Don’t turn the recipe for godliness into a recipe for hatred and hostility and anger and bitterness and impatience and pride and violence and competition and control

Jesus said God is God of the living and not of the dead

Meaning God should be recognized and categorized and worshiped for His love

And not recognized or categorized or worshiped according to his anger and wrath

In the same way that water and oil do not mix

So you do not have to become evil to resist and protect yourself against evil

So focus on purity without hostility

just as you Practice love without violence

4
3

Most Helpful Guys

• Jjpayne
    Hostility and purity... Interesting contrast 🤔
    Is this still revelant?
  • COMMODOREII
    Amen sister!!!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

32
  • buddies
    If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to the one and despise the other.
    In another place Jesus spoke of casting an unclean spirit out of a man. And when the spirit was cast out, the man who had been unable to speak, spoke. And the spirit went around the wilderness looking for another place to dwell. And he returned when he was tired, and saw that the house (man) he had lived in before was swept and clean. And he brought seven friends with him, and they stayed together in one place. The state of the house (man) they possessed became seven times worse than it was before it was cleaned.
    The point of this long opinion is that when a person becomes good, and then returns to evil like dog to its vomit, the light that was in the person becomes darkness. When it is dark, our eyes adjust to the darkness. We can see enough to walk from one side of the room to the other. But when the light is flipped on for couple minutes, and then off, the darkness that we were able to see through before becomes so dark that we cannot see our hand in front of our face. Our perception changes.
  • Gedaria
    It's a way of distinguishing between serving God and Jesus , the light shows you the way to live your life as Jesus showed us.
    The darkness is fumbling around as Satan wants people to do.
    To have no focus or aim in life...
  • prashna
    Why can't you see it other way around? In light everything is judged more in darkness it's all the same. Why does God have to be of light or dark? Why not both? If god took sides would god be god?
  • DreamCatchcer
    As I said earlier... it's all Yang to the Ying.

The universe is composed of opposing forces.
    • It’s different because unlike Asian cultures light and dark are not complimentary or equally balanced in power and temporality

• Anonymous
    Heş jennifer help me. I am be christian
    • Anonymous

I wanna be*

• Read Matthew and mark and Luke and John on bible gateway

• Anonymous

am i going to be a christian after i read them? 🤗☺