If the light that is within you is darkness - Bible talk

The bible says if the light that is within you is darkness how great is that darkness. In the bible light has different meaningsA symbol for connection A symbol for sweetness A symbol for purity and purificationIn the same way darkness also has different meaningsA symbol for hostilityA symbol for humiliation A symbol for indifference

What the scriptures say is to make sure your light or religion is based on love and sweetness and connection and purity

And not based on humiliation or indifferent psychopathy or hostility towards others

A person who quotes bible verses should do it to benefit others by blessing them and aiding them in their lives

They should not be using it as an excuse to hate or belittle or fight or oppose they encounter

Religion is meant as an excuse to love

And not as an excuse to hate

That is when the light within you is darkness

7
2

Most Helpful Guys

• idkwattoputhere
    I always thought the light as christ bc he conquered death hell n the grave
    Is this still revelant?
    • Well light has different functions - it feeds your growth and protects you from stumbling and warms you so your not cold - if however your light is hostile - it is a perversion of how light should be used - religion should be used to bless and save and not judge and condemn

• Yet there's racial segmentation in churches..

• True

• newfreshstart
    very well put you read teh bible a lot i can tell
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

25
  • CuteNerd9
    I don't mean this to be offensive, I'm honestly curious; what denomination are you? Or are you a self-taught Christian?
    • I've been to baptist and Methodist and Protestant churches but I rely on the bible alone - not a pastor or priest

• CuteNerd9

I have been where you are. I had trouble finding a determination that followed the bible and the bible alone. If interested, try looking into confessional Lutherans. The confessional part is important. There's a lot of corruption in several churches that claim to be Lutheran. You can generally find confessional Lutherans in the WELS, Missouri Synod, and ELS. Keep in mind the synods themselves are not perfect. I was just lucky to stumble upon a confessional church in the WELS, and it was exactly what I had been searching for, the bible and only the bible. They are unfortunately difficult to find thoug, as they sometimes have to stand against synodical beliefs if they are not properly aligned with the bible. Many pastors are not comfortable to stand up to the synod.

• I watch a Pentecostal pastor on YouTube and his interpretation of Christianity is something I find very useful. The problem is most of his teachings are on Christian living and not direct bible passages.

• JackSmy
    I left Christianity, because of Hypocrisy, and liars!!! I don't understand your point, and is seems like a lot of babble, and nonsense.
    I LIVE a WAY, and there is no guilt, no penance, just the respect, and honoring the elders, and the Teachings. Nothing is immutable, and with the changing times, the Way changes, accordingly. No guilt, no sin, just living, and respecting all life, honoring all life.
  • dandiecandie
    Religion is a system of faith and worship for a superhuman power refered to as God or gods.

Religious text such as the bible are stories that teach lessons of creation and humanity in relation to that superhuman power.

Furthermore darkness and lightness are related. Without darkness there would be no need for light. And without light there would no purpose to darkness.
    • Darkness is just a place without light

• Whats your point

• I don't agree with the last part, because the definition of darkness is an absolute absence of light

• the_bruh
    There is no light, light feels and sounds temporary. But instead there is something unending inside us, give it food it grows give it the right food it evolves.
    Just watch, talk to yourself. Find what you need.
  • Out of this I liked this part the most, "your light... is based on love and sweetness and connection and purity"
  • Pete671
    I love this post, but never found a version of the bible that I could understand, people have tried, bless them, to explain it, but I feel it's only their opinion, not the word of God themselves,,,
  • fantasticstatik
    If you look at the verse in context, Matthew 6:22-23, Jesus says... The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

I interpret this as what you see and what you choose to consume is going to contribute to your heart, which will drive your entire being. Garbage in, garbage out. Consume evil and be evil, consume good and be good. Makes sense, as the brain only knows what we put into it, right?