The Cult That Is the Christian Evangelist Movement, Vol.2: Conservatives Mourn the 2020 Election

ManOnFire

Although there is victory for Joe Biden in winning the 2020 election, it should also disturb us that this was still a close race, indicating that there are a lot more Trump supporters in America than we really realized. According to the election stats, 70 million voted for Trump. And a very large number of those individuals were conservative "Christians."

As I noted in my last Take, it absolutely baffles and appalls me that anyone calling themselves a follower of Christ can have Republican values let alone stand firm in showing Nazi-like allegiance to a man like Donald Trump. They do it because they show us they are the ones in America with hate in their hearts, and support Trump and other Republicans as a way of getting at people, races, and policies they hate.

They also have chosen to believe and stand by the lies of this man. No true Christian would ever be in standing with an ungodly, unholy, lying, dishonest man like Trump. No true Christian would ever go to his rallies and support him making fun of disabled people. No true Christian would agree with Trump's racist remarks about immigrants. And no true Christian would still decide to stand by him even after a recording came forward with him saying he wanted to play down COVID-19 and always wanted to.

These people have a lot of soul-searching to do.

How conservative "Christians" are handling the loss of Trump...

No amount of reasoning changes these individuals' view. Their hearts are hardened now as they've solidified themselves in the sin of supporting such a wicked man. To the point now that many are agreeing with Trump's irrational, paranoid ideas that the election was rigged and stolen from him.

And what makes this so ironic is the fact that it was Trump and his people who were trying to obstruct people's voting rights months back when states were beginning to do early voting. It was him and his people trying to bring cases to states' supreme courts to stop early ballots, and here he has lost and says there's been "voter fraud." And even worse that many supporters and people calling themselves Christians are following such loser logic.

"God showed me that Trump will win re-election"...

I couldn't wait to see this. I really couldn't. In weeks leading up to the election I happened to watch some videos on YouTube from evangelist leaders - or rather influencers - talking about how Trump would win re-election because "God showed them" or they "had a vision" or it was "spoken" to them, and now I really wonder if they're feeling like complete idiots now. Though of course, many of them are also under the belief that the election was stolen from Trump and that it was intended for him, but God's will can't be changed, so if God really meant for Trump to win then it would've happened without much struggle.

I love how evangelical leaders control people's minds with their lies of how God speaks to them and tells them things that don't end up coming to pass. And they do this because if they can tell people that God told them this, then people with weak minds will believe that it has to be true and that God is on their side, a strategy no different than the ones used by despotic popes and kings of the medieval ages. This mentally abusive strategy is also what has caused many people to reject the Christian religion, because if someone calling themselves a servant of God but is full of hate and lies tells people that God agrees with them, then other people feel like they don't want God.

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep." - 2 Peter 2: 1-3

Praise for Jerushah Duford...

There is a glimmer of hope for some evangelicals however. Some weeks ago I was amazed to read about Billy Graham's granddaughter, Jerushah Duford, boldly coming forward with her own article advising the church to no longer support Trump. This is extremely courageous for a woman in the middle of a snake pit that has fixed itself on deifying an unholy man like this president.

Although originally supporting Trump in 2016, Duford and other evangelical women eventually came to realize that he is not the man the church should be following or endorsing. Of these conflicted wives of men who support Trump, Duford boldly came forward and called on the church to turn away from Trump and get their faith focused again. I could've cried when I read her article, and I highly applaud this woman for her courage in coming forward in changing her heart and state of mind, and encouraging other conservative Christians to do the same.

Along with her, I too will appeal to these churches: turn from your ways and your distorted vision in supporting Trump. Abandon him and his foolish ideas that there was voter fraud. Joe Biden is not a perfect man and I'm sure he has his own past political issues, and I myself would've voted for another candidate if he wasn't the option, but in him we can see that he's a man who actually cares about the people and wants to do the right thing for America. Christians have no business allying themselves with the dark, ungodly, lying wickedness of president Trump. Change your hearts!

"For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols?" - 2 Corinthians 6: 14-16

6
24

Most Helpful Girl

• SpiderManFan2002
    Well written and an execellent MyTake.

As a Muslim just know, I don't let these as you put it, "Christians" speak for the entire Christian community. I know what it feels like to be repped for a minority of extremists within your community, so I'd never go round spreading that toxicity.

To be honest, I feel like most people voted Biden not because he was Biden but because the alternative was Trump. And again, people are probably celebrating more to do with the fact Trump lost than anything.

I saw the speeches of Kamala Harris, and Biden today, and that is honestly the most Presidential thing I have heard in a long time. They're both saying all the right things, but I hope this isn't a case of empty words you know? As in saying all the right things, but not following through with them and creating an overseas conflict somewhere.

What Bernie had to say though, that was where it was at for me, still wishing it was Bernie who was President not going back on my beliefs lol:
    https://www. youtube. com/watch? v=hOg_PD0S0kY
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

I agree. Bernie is who I wanted from the start too. Joe and Kamala aren't perfect- in fact I really don't even like her and wished he picked another running mate, but these individuals have far better intentions than Trump.

Most Helpful Guy

• msc545
    The guy in the video is a grandiose money-grubbing asshole.
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

That was my exact thought when I saw it the first time too, yeah.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

523
  • DJB72
    I'm a conservative (small "c") evangelical Christian. I detest Trump and what his behaviour has led those of us who have been conservative evangelicals to hide and try to find a way to describe our belief system that doesn't make people think we're aligned with a man who thinks sexual assault is acceptable behaviour because he's famous.

I'm pro-life, not anti-abortion. I don't believe abortion should be used as a form of birth control. If you don't want to have a baby then be responsible and use whatever contraceptive you want to, but abortion should be reserved for circumstances where the baby isn't going to survive anyway, when carrying the pregnancy to term is likely to kill the mother or when the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest.

Pro-life means a moral responsibility to ensure that the child has a good quality of life after birth, not only that it isn't dissected in the womb and flushed away.

I'm glad Trump lost, but I have serious concerns about the "progressive" platform Biden represents. The far Left get their sensibilities offended far too easily. They complain about the "oppression" they see without comprehending anything about moral absolutes. They lean towards atheist belief systems with no external moral compass to guide them in their walk through this life and consequently have very different moral values to Christian conservatives who base their walk on an external moral code set out in a belief system thousands of years old, not a couple of decades.

The "progressive" way of thinking will fade - again. Its nothing new. It's just come round again to "challenge" the conservative position. It's led by people who have no concept or comprehension of history. And if you don't know and understand the lessons of history, you are bound to repeat it. Over and over again.
    • AlphaGhost

Last time I checked US was secular country with no state religion and trying to spread secularism around the world... I don't get what this is coming from and according to survey 70% of Christians are actually atheist but Church is falsely portraying huge numbers.

• ManOnFire

@DJB72 As a Democrat, even I don't agree with all of the 'left's' ideas and attitudes. I don't agree with atheism, LGBTQXYZ, smoking weed all day, etc. But the difference between Dems and Cons is that at the end of the day the Dems objective is to make life liveable for everybody.

Conservatives just want to control people and talk all about morals when they're some of the most immoral people out there. Supporting or making excuses for cops killing innocent or unarmed blacks. Obsessively preaching about "sexual sin" yet pastors are having affairs, pastors' wives are having affairs, people in the church are sleeping with each other, etc. Hating Muslims and supporting old U. S. agendas in the middle east.

What conservatives don't understand is that they are not the image of spiritual truth or morality, nor can they ever 'return' America to any moral standards since we never had them.

• DJB72

@ManOnFire

I try to differentiate between the "Conservative" and the "conservative" ideals. I don't ascribe to the judgement meted out by the capital "C" brigade for the most part. I do believe morality can't be subjective but has to be objective and as such needs to be based on an absolute authority that is unswayed by current trends. God, basically.

The problem is that each generation tries to twist the morality set out in scripture to suit their selective ideas, usually hedonistic in one area or another. History demonstrates it repeatedly, be it power, money, sex or anything else the time can conjure.

So I try to find the original moral absolute that is set out externally. With varying degrees of success.

I'd agree with you that *some* Dems simply want to improve life for everyone. So do *some* Republicans (not Trump, obviously). With both sides there are the thought police trying to insist that their way is the only acceptable way to think about subjects ranging across the board. "Liberal" ideology is as oppressive to most conservatives like me as a Conservative ideology would be to a liberal - please note capitalisation. I've met conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans. Politics has little to do with morality in general.

Some ministers get pulled into sexual sin. That's true. Of course, in my experience pastors tend to be human and subject to the temptations all humans have. As someone who has a small ministry organisation myself I'd be lying if I said I've not been tempted to cheat on my wife over the 17 years we've been married. Three of my four closest friends are women, which some ministers try to avoid. But there's a difference between being tempted and acting on that temptation.

• MzAsh
    Maybe they just didn’t pray hard enough?
    I was just thinking about this earlier. I’ve seen many posts saying things along the lines of “God will win!” Now that Trump has lost, It’s like ok, now what? I want to know what excuses they come up with after all their prayers didn’t work.
    • ManOnFire

I want to know the same. And I'll tell you what: I prayed that Trump WOULDN'T win, and he didn't. Did God hear my prayer alone? Was mine the only one? I doubt it. He may have answered ours, or maybe it simply wasn't his will for Trump to win re-election period, regardless of who prayed what.

• From a purely Biblical point of view it means that Joe Biden is the one chosen by God at this point to lead the United states. Most of my fellow Christians seem content when their "chosen" candidate wins but perturbed when the other wins. The truth is that it is not supposed to matter whether it's Clinton or Bush or Obama or Trump or Biden. We are called to pray for that leader and to follow the laws unless they contradict God's Law.

• Liam_Hayden
    "it absolutely baffles and appalls me that anyone calling themselves a follower of Christ can have Republican values"

It shouldn't. Most Evangelicals are vehemently pro-life and see the Democrats as an abortion-up-till-the-point-of-birth cult of death. Trump claims that he is for religious liberty and against abortion. Biden wants taxpayer-funded abortion. It isn't rocket science.
    • ManOnFire

Trump appeals to conservative Christians because he knows they're stupid enough to listen to anybody who claims their same views. Abortion is the conservative's unhealthy obsession as their argument for murder, meanwhile they support the police killing unarmed or innocent blacks, or make excuses for those cops, who have committed much worse murder than abortion.

You all use politics as your focus for morals. Not the true word of God.

• Yeah, not sure what your point is. I'm what you would call an Evangelical. I also vote Libertarian because I believe freedom is the best policy. I oppose abortion but do not think criminalizing it is the answer. As for the candidates... I see Trump and Biden as Septuagenarian populists. One is obnoxious, the other just stumbles while talking. Both support big government, big spending, and that will eventually cause serious problems for the nation. Trump did a few good things, mainly - oddly for such an obnoxious dude - as a peacemaker between Israel and some of its neighbors and between Serbia and Kosovo. He also refused to follow the Neocon push for war with Iran. I doubt Hillary would have resisted that temptation, so just for that I am glad he beat her.

As for Joe Biden, I think he will be pretty much a middle-of-the-road bridge builder like he was for his Senate career. He and Mitch McConnell are old friends. And as there aren't the vote in the House or Senate for any of the Squad's lunacy, I think Joe will be free to do what he thinks is best for the nation. I think he will be a steady hand and a calming influence after the turmoil of the Trump Tenure.

• goaded
    Was the "two corinthians" quote on purpose? :)

It amazes me that anyone is taken in by him.
  • thecharmander21
    I'm a strong Christian and I agree I can't believe so many put their faith in Trump. I think a lot of the so-called "Christians" in our country don't really read the Bible and instead use their faith as an excuse to only know the status quo and not accept change. Trump in all 45 of our presidents is easily the worst and it's not even close. Even if you have strong conservative views I would rather take a moderate Democrat than the worst Republican the country has ever seen. I think the reason to answer your question why so many Christians voted for Trump is that some of them only vote along certain issues like LGBT rights and abortion which the democratic stance does not typically align with Christians viewpoints. But still those should not be your only scope. People who aren't Christian are going to do those anyway so for our purposes it hardly matters. They don't understand why those are against the Lord's teachings.
    • ManOnFire

Yes! Excellent points! Especially "People who aren't Christian are going to do those anyway so for our purposes it hardly matters." Conservatives have this ridiculous, hopeless idea that they can "return America" to "godly principles" and all that, when America never even had godly principles.

• 007kingifrit
    study shows democrats view only their own news sources where republicans have a more balanced media diet https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2158244019832705

democrats 3x more likely to stop being friends over political differences https://fortune.com/2016/12/19/social-media-election/

so according to the science... who is in the cult? because its the left that refuses all outside information and gets rid of people they don't agree with. not the right

and if you think christians are a cult... have you seen atheists? I mean I'm an atheist but i can disagree with a room of christians and they'll be like "well i disagree" but if i disagree with a room full of atheists they'll attack me verbally or maybe physically

why would we morn the election? we kept the senate, we are 2 seats away from majority in the house and we picked up 100+ state legislature seats giving us a majority in almost all states RIGHT BEFORE THE 2020 REDISTRICTING!

and we may yet still win the 2020 presidental race who knows
  • Bratsondanielle
    I know a ton of people who voted for the greatest president ever and some of them believe in the invisible man in the cloud sure but a lot of them don't. I didn't know that anyone would connect religious stuff to politics but I don't think that's the majority. Also there are like 11 different religious groups and most have one or two invisible men in the cloud and some book that's holy and stuff but would u Also consider other religious beliefs to vote in a certain way like muslimistic or buddah or whatever
    • ManOnFire

The facts are that the majority of conservatives are so-called Christians. I'm aware of conservatives Muslims and even Jews, but the majority of these uneducated, special needs, Trump-supporting fools are so-called Christians.

• Probably I don't know. If it is then that is just that I guess. I ain't gonna get all fired up about it

• loveslongnails
    Some of these so called "Christians" would pray to a roll of toilet paper if they believe it could wipe their shit away and make them clean. I'm certain there's a debate that sounds like " ... isn't there SOME WAY to give humans free will, and not have them turn out so darn stupid" ? Good question.
  • DreamCatchcer
    One question.

Where is all the rioting by Trump voters that the media and crazy leftists claimed would happen?
    • ManOnFire

Maybe it's still coming, maybe it's not coming at all. Either way, his supporters are sore losers clinging to desperate, foolish, and futile thoughts that something done legally and fairly was a fraud against him.

• Hillary is still pissed about losing in 2016. Still believes "It was Russians".

So Trump lost. Maybe all his law suits will expose how wide spread voter fraud is. From dead people voting to a computer program in Michigan changing 6,000 votes from Trump to Biden. Probably not to enough to change the out come. But theorectically it can in the future.

Once all the lawsuits are settled, Biden most likely will be President. When that happens please post any info that shows Trump supporters are rioting and burning down Wendy's

• @dreamcatchcer Trump voters haven't had their voices suppressed for over 400 years so I don't think you can compare this. You're trying to infer that Trump supporters are more civilized than Biden supporters I see what you're doing. Well let me tell you trump is the least civilized president in history not conceding in a very secure election. Hillary conceded even after winning the popular vote by a considerable margin. There may be rioting may not be. All that matters is that leadership is restored in this country

• Grond21
    Go get off your high horse. This kind of condescending preaching is exactly what got Trump elected in the first place. You speaking of things that you don't support as if you understand them, and talking as if you know what's going on in these people's hearts is just so pathetic. Truly. You don't understand Christians and you don't understand Trump supporters. And pretending like you do is just going to drive more of them to stand against you.

If you want to create more Trump supporters, keep talking like you are now.
    • ManOnFire

You're a fool who obviously knows nothing about real Christianity. The devil has all you supporters totally blind and ignorant.

• Grond21

I rest my case

• ManOnFire

@Grond21 So tell me. Since I don't understand anything about Christians or faith, what is godly about Trump? What makes him a Christian? Also, tell me how it's godly and Christian to support him?

• I guess these ridiculous people dont realise free will is part of our nature that god doesn't control people as they thinkhe does or polution wouldn't be around maybe they will make trump the new god of there cult
  • You should be more worried that your “Christian” ideals take a backseat to politics. It’s quite sociopathic to care more for political victory than voting for a thrice married ass who grabs pussy and fucked a pornstar.
  • Larson7
    Left wingers are so fake, so surface level. I wonder if it ever bothers them how faulty and segmented their filthy beliefs are.
  • FakeName123
    I don't see conservatives burning down cities right now. So I am willing to give them their right to demonstrate for now.
    • ManOnFire

It was conservatives who marched through Charlotte with torches chanting "Jews will not replace us."

• Were people attacked and buildings/cars burned? No? Yeah, well - it's their right to have those opinions. Part of freespeech involves undesirable speech.

• ManOnFire

When anti-white supremacists protested back it was those fascists who violently struck back, like the guy who ploughed his car through the protesters and killed that girl.

• Wow. . . not certain of what to say. This take, though I see some things I disagree with is well written. Let me try to be objective and ignore the history you and I have.

And I would simply say, you are right that these guys are whack jobs. They are insane to make the claim that God is on the side of the Republican party. But I would say this in addition, there is no way we can a Christian who chooses to vote for Trump. I have no insight into a person's relationship with the Lord. That is between that person and the Almighty.

I just know that anyone. . . left, right, up or down who claims that God supports their politics, is nothing but a liar.

Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.
  • bamesjond0069
    Good satire take! Its hilarious some people actually think this. Only "Christians" who never read the bible could possibly think the democrats are the more moral choice.
  • Dargil
    Trump has not lost (yet). Many legal things are pending.
    • ManOnFire

Trump lost and Biden won fair and square. Trump has a history of calling elections he didn't support "rigged" or whatever. Most courts are throwing out his lawsuits, and his legal teams are giving it up one by one.

• JKingOff

I can't believe I'm hearing this. The new president has already been sworn in.

• zagor
    I think you are ignoring the millions who voted for Trump even though they despised him because they thought he was good for the economy.
    • dragoblack

Trump was only good for the economy that makes over $500,000 a year

• zagor

@dragoblack That is not true at all. Though the rich benefited the most, the (pre-covid) unemployment rate was the lowest in many years. It is always debatable as to what degree that is attributable to the actions of any president, but your statement is false.

• bizarregm
    Maybe us true Christians should go stand with pedophile joe Biden instead. Your right. The man in office 47 years isn’t at fault for anything. But the man in for 4 years caused it all.
    • ManOnFire

Trump's whole life and career has been based on greed and narcissist self-image beyond his 4 years in office. Several women have accused him of sexual assault. In the 1980s he refused to rent one of his hotel rooms to black patrons. He refused to release his taxes. And the list goes on and on.

You pious conservatives know what you're supporting is wrong, but you try to disregard it in the name of getting at the people you hate. Everything I already said in this Take.

• havingfun101
    Not yet.The Cult That Is the Christian Evangelist Movement, Vol.2: Conservatives Mourn the 2020 Election
  • UncleJessieRabbit
    I knew it, you are definitely a leftist or at least a dupe.
    • ManOnFire

I've openly said throughout this site that I'm a Democrat. What we're talking about here is how wrong these so-called Christians are to support a lying, ungodly, violent-mouthed man like Trump.

• But you give more of a pass to Biden and his supporters.

• ManOnFire

Biden hasn't been blatantly disgusting towards disabled people or veterans. Biden doesn't lie 24 hours a day. Biden hasn't entertained supporters' chants to shoot illegals at his rallies, or to let people die who don't have health insurance. And Biden hasn't once gotten COVID, because he has followed the guidelines for wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing.

• HOAAH
    Well written and i voted for Joe.
    • As a Republican, Trump got the most minority votes in 60 years. I guess minorities are realizing that the Democrats are not doing a damn thing for them.

• Massageman

@DreamCatchcer Right - - - - nothing except keeping them enslaved as a pawn of the welfare -system!

• @DreamCatchcer Obama did not Trump,,, please go fact check your replies

• Ivory_Princess
    Now do the cult of Islam or vodoo
  • legalboxers
    poor sheep.. look out for another Jonestown!
  • Silver158
    Christianity and other religions are cults anyway
  • Anonymous
    You are simply an Apostate and it is very disingenuous of you to speak for Christians. There is no difference between a Christian and an Evangelical Christian. A Christian believes God and in His Sovereignty. A Christian believes God created the World and it was perfect, but Man and Satan brought sin into the world. A Christian believes All have sinned and fallen short of God's Glory. A Christian Believes that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our Sins, was buried, and on the third day rose again. A Christian believes that unless you repent of your sins and accept Jesus sacrifice (for your sins) and as Lord, you are going to Hell.

Jesus left two great Commandments that summarize his purpose for us. To love the God with all of you and to love your Neighbor as yourself. If you honestly believe God as he describes himself in the Bible, you can't Love your neighbor and not tell them the Truth. No one can be forced to be a Christian. Choosing is an act of Free Will, Christianity can only be offered not forced. If you believe God, you must tell people the Truth about Sin and salvation.

As far as the election, we strive for the Truth. We already know this world is corrupt and is moving towards a one world Government. We will always strive for Truth and resist evil. If persecution comes we will still confess the Truth. Whether we have Biden or Trump as President, the world will still end. It would be great if everyone got saved, but according to the Bible that won't happen as people have hard hearts like you. We can't make anyone believe, but we will offer to anyone. The end is coming and everyone experiences it at their deathbed, could be today or tomorrow. Unless you repent you are heading for Hell.
  • Anonymous
    I really don’t understand why he thought downplaying a pandemic was a good idea. We don’t downplay tornadoes or hurricanes so that people don’t panic, we tell them the truth so they can be prepared. Anyways great mytake
  • Anonymous
    I'm very proud to be a True Conservative Christian who voted for Trump. You absolutely CANNOT be a Christian and vote for Harris/Biden. They support nearly EVERYTHING that's WRONG with the USA. I hope and pray that Trump successfully wins in the courts to justify his legal WIN of his reelection!!
    • Anonymous

It's ASTONISHING that SO many people have been given up to reprobate minds, by God.
      And I'm talking about Harris/Biden supporters

• ManOnFire

Yeah, you're just a true conservative, that's all.