12 Relationship tips I learned from studying the bible

Until you figure out what you were designed to do you cannot find stability with those who know what they were designed to do

You cannot build a relationship with somebody who does not give you the dignity and privacy and space to take care of and protect yourself

You cannot build a relationship until you learn to deal with different types of people differently and not bring baggage from one relationship into the next relationship

You cannot maintain a relationship until you have the strength and piety to accept and acknowledge the unpleasant dimensions of life

You cannot be in a relationship until you realize the parallelism of your life and theirs and the importance of fostering a sense of relatedness and mutual identification and tolerance for differences

You have to understand simplicity and time boundedness and set realistic and attainable schedules and methodologies of goal attainment and acquire a healthy and productive relationship with multi tasking.

You must learn that vanity is merely a surface orientation and not the full throttle of everything offered. Having a healthy relationship with vanity where you are mindful of looks but not consumed by it or obsesses by it is important.

You have to learn to prioritize and learn that sometimes the needs of the big picture trump the minor concerns or that long term goals contradict your immediate short term goals.

You have to learn to govern your life with a sense of grace and kindness and allow others their freedom of expression without micromanaging how you are viewed or challenged by the opinions of others.

You have to accept your needs and short comings and your duty to overcome them by taking on the burden of self improvement and delayed gratification

You have to seek discernment and critical appraisal by learning not to accept people and things at face value and you have to pursue the hidden truth beyond surface presentations to get at real character.

You have to accept your position and the limitations and privileges of your role along the responsibilities and duties of your particular matriculation in the societal matrix and faithfully confine yourself to those responsibilities.

10
5

Most Helpful Guys

• Completely agree! You need to have awareness of yourself, the world around you, your effect on others around you and how others are aware of themselves. I think complete awareness of yourself and them is key for relationships!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

• Thank you for enlightening my take
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

58
  • devilman666
    How is this the message you got from the bible? NIV 1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Ephesians 5: 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands (A) as you do to the Lord.(B) 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,(C) his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands (D) in everything. Realistically I feel like the message you should have gotten is to be quiet and submissive, your husband is supposed to love you and take care of you, he is supposed to "cleanse you", and present you to christ.25 Husbands, love your wives,(E) just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her (F) 26 to make her holy,(G) cleansing[a] her by the washing (H) with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself (I) as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.(J) 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives (K) as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. This clearly shows that the man is naturally holier than the woman, so with his help the wife can become holy and blameless.
    • You said you have to learn to govern your own life, but the bible literally tells you to let your husband govern your life.

• Oh by the way that last sentence in my original response was mine, not a quote from the bible. I meant to split that sentence off a bit but it still looks like it's part of the bible quote. The bible quote ends as "He who loves his wife loves himself."

• V4mp315
    I've been trying to understand so many things because so much has happened in my relationship, he wanted to experience things that I wasn't ok with, but got so angry if I wouldn't agree to them, I give him full control over myself hopping that I had found the one, I did wrong when I made the wrong decision of answering back to this person on messenger, when my still boyfriend asked if I was text with someone or if I knew a person whom could join us on a intimate session with us I said no. At the end and after going through he's rage of anger, mental and some physical abuse for months he tells me that he was whom made that fake profile and whom was text me, pretended to be someone else just to see where my love, loyalty, respect, honesty would stand, and I I would ever cheat on him. I fail as a partner, woman and friend to my partner and I will always have a heavy heart for it, but I do know that for me it actually was a mistake and I haven't done or ever will fall like that again now I can talk to him with the truth and not be scared of the way he might react, but he turned out to be someone I never thought he would do so much painful things just so he could show me how it felt what I did, I already had enough pain of my own and I was always beating myself because ot, and he came to bring way more than just a heartache. I don't need to ve judge by anyone because as we all know better we all have mistakes, fails because we're humans and not God's. That's at least the way I see it
  • jgokgotit
    I do not fully agree with the final point. To some extent it is true, but if everyone just accepted what they were told is their role, you would not have many of the great feats of the Bible. There are times to submit to authority and know your place, but not when that authority tries to make you go against your biblical beliefs. The way I would put the final point is to know when to accept things and know when to have courage to defy the status quo.
  • Giggletr0nn
    Yep you're absolutely right. I learned all this stuff through mostly common sense but as long as we have all learned these lessons then it really doesn't matter how we learned them.
  • JuliaStyles
    Where are you copying all this from as it doesn't seem to be your own thinking?
  • lucas262
    And I thought my grammar was good at times now I just feel 🙃 insecure
  • LEADFOOTboi
    the last one i dont really understand at all... but good take
  • robertKugler
    Wow. I liked that.. a lot
    Thank you
  • MyBigMystery
    Why did you need the Bible for that?
  • Calgarydirty69
    this is all BS
  • Anonymous
    How is this related to the Bible in any way? I mean yeah they're practical lessons but I don't see how it's connected. You should've put the verses wherein you thought you got each lesson.
  • Anonymous
    I was curious to read this, though I do not see the relation to the bible. I did not study it that much so maybe it is obvious to someone who did. But could you maybe come with some examples from the bible that taught you these things?
  • Anonymous
    Lastly is that the secret to a long lasting and healthy relationship is to always let Jesus be the foundation of ypur relationship. Let Him be the center and you'll see how you and your partner will grow and mature. Spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. :))