Why God gave us work as a condition of living

jennifer_bloom

I remember in my first attempt a degree, a guy asked our bible leader why life had to be so hard and the response he got was that life was hard because if it was easy, we would not feel the need for God, regardless of whether his theory was correct, there was another response he could have given which is that God believes in equality and if life was hard for good people, than nobody deserves an easy life.

I remember being slightly unhappy when a very smart, good looking and rich friend I had known since childhood got into business with one of her fellow graduates from a top school because I thought she had an unfair advantage ordinary people did not which is the advantage of superior looks, high intelligence, complicated social skills and rich parents who could find her lifestyle and introduce her to business connections. I though she was profiting not from hard work, but from accidental advantages she was given by birth, but later on, she told me her business partner scammed her and did not do any work at all and made her the sole investor in their company and than socially humiliated her and disrespected her time, and I also learned that despite her wealth and intelligence and good looks, she was betrayed by bad friends just as often as the poor or average looking people were.

And I realized then, that God is a God of equality and true advantages do not exist because God gives everybody a load to carry in life, this is why God told us to work, because work equalizes the experience of life and humbles all who are proud. Don’t assume beautiful people are lucky, many of them grind long hours in the gym while you are busy playing video games, or starving themselves while you enjoy a slice of steak. Don’t assume smart people have easy lives, many of them work 14 hour days on Wall Street while you work 4 hour shifts at Walmart, so they are not necessarily happier than you, just more popular and more appealing at parties to those who care about that type of thing, but that is only if they have time to socialize, and many do not have that time.

11
1
1Girl Opinion
11Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• pjf1958
    Let us assume for a moment that we have a colony on mars. Every colonist is assigned a vital work detail. if one person decides not to work because its too stressful, and should that lack of work result in loss of life, should that individual be placed under arrest and only be allowed to eat whats given to him?
    Is this still revelant?
  • LemiaOfChampions
    To teach us life lessons
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

19
  • slatyb
    It doesn't have to be hard. If there is naturally growing food sufficient to feed the population, people can live well with little effort.
  • weeee
    Capitalist theism? Awesome! As if life couldnt get any more depressing.
  • Massageman
    God had given Adam and Eve work to do - tend the Garden of Eden.
    But because of sin, the work became HARD work.
    From that point on, work would be difficult and challenging.

Gen 3: 17-19.
    And to Adam he said,
    “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife
    and have eaten of the tree
    of which I commanded you,
    ‘You shall not eat of it,’
    cursed is the ground because of you;
    in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
    18 thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you;
    and you shall eat the plants of the field.
    19 By the sweat of your face
    you shall eat bread,
    till you return to the ground,
    for out of it you were taken;
    for you are dust,
    and to dust you shall return.”
  • Marhaban-1
    I thi k corrupt capitalists did that. I think God kindo temporarily gave us earth and left us to it
  • jimmy2
    God said man, us will work by the sweet of his brow
  • Likes2drive
    Good points actually
  • legalboxers
    Its man made by people who interpret it
  • collie22
    i get God doesn't like a lazy person
  • Omario2049
    Whatever u wanna beleive.
  • Anonymous
    I don't think God told us to work. I think it was capitalism that did that.
    • LeftHappy

Well, after reading the Bible they say it gives you a choice of 2 paths to follow, you either work or you don't?

• Anonymous

Turns out God is a capitalist

• LeftHappy

Could be, probably so people can eat?