What God says about Children in the Bible

jennifer_bloom

Jesus said that anybody who welcomes a child into their heart, is welcoming Jesus into their heart, and anybody who welcomes Jesus into their heart, welcomes God into their heart.

The Mark 9:42 New International Version Bible Says:

“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.”

The way I understand that verse is that God expects you to take care of the emotional needs and interests of children, and respect the fact that they are not as strong or as competent as mature adults. So you should help the 4 year old find his lost teddy bear, in the same way you visit the 80 year old who is dying of cancer at the hospital, and not act like the 4 year old is silly and stupid for caring about an inanimate object that cannot speak or breath, to acknowledge the emotions of the infant, even if they are trivial and silly and foolish, and to hug them when they cry over their paper cuts or school yard scraped knees.

That is how I interpret God’s verses on children. God is infinite but respects weak and helpless people, both children and adults, so we should also respect the weak and helpless, in order to become partakers of God’s love and divine nature.

2
3
3Girl Opinion
2Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• loves2learn
    My husband’s uncle was a Christian Brother. He believed a guest at the table is God at the table. Every holiday foreign exchange students and friends would join our Thanksgiving and Easter tables. It was lovely.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Marhaban-1
    Yes. God also loves all of us and children as he says before you were born i knew who you were. (not exactly thoes words)
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

21
  • purplepoppy
    The problem is just about every bible verse mentioning children usually involves them being killed eg "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock. (Psalms 137:9) I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22) Tenderhearted women have cooked their own children and eaten them in order to survive the siege. But now the anger of the LORD is satisfied (Lamentations 4:9-11 NLT)
    The list of God killing babies and children is huge.
    Like 1 Person
    • I interpret that as allegory and symbolic because I don’t worship a God who hates children

• @jennifer_bloom true his Priests, Monisters, vicars etc really love them… quite often

• unusuak
    This one time me and a friend were hanging out at the beach and this homeless man walked up to us and said something ill never forget. He said " you know when god created mankind... He really did creat the perfect being. A child. All children are perfect till this world changes that. Gods only mistake with us is that we eventually quit being children".
    Like 1 Person
  • sage2021
    I agree. However, I think "Respect" isn't appropriate. More like "Care about or care for and help"
    Like 1 Person