What God has shown me recently about planning

jennifer_bloom

There is an ancient iron myth that if you follow the rainbow bridge to the end, you will get a pot of gold

I know that as a Christian, God sees the future in ways I do not know how to see it, and also, that I have sometimes seen the future in ways that those around me see as impossible.

When I first returned to university after flunking out the first time, I had a 1.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and I got kicked out of the career centre because they thought I was delusional when I said I wanted to get a PhD.

Fast forward years later, I got straight A’s for 5 consecutive academic terms and raised my cumulative GPA above a 3.0 and broke an academic record by getting the highest grade ever recorded in one of my introductory classes. I had one semester where I averaged A+ in all 4 classes, and got 27% above the class average in one of my courses with a 100% average on a 24 page essay when the class average was a 60%.

Now, nobody laughed at me when I said I wanted to be a professor. I knew the day I returned to school with a 1.0 GPA that I could go to Harvard one day but only two of my friends believed I could do it. Now I’m trying to write books cause I got a message from God telling me to do it.

There we’re many times where I felt like it was so impossible, like how am I supposed to get rich when I don’t have an MD, a PhD or an Ivy League Degree, but I thought God had performed miracles for me in the past and somehow God could pull through for me again. Now I know I could produce a 400-500 page book in as little as 1-2 months but I think God might want me to write 13 books and not just one, so once again, not sure if I can do it.

4
2
2Girl Opinion
4Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous
    This is so true in Christianity. A lot of times God doesn’t let us have something because He knows we will not give Him the credit. Then we have no other choice but to trust Him and when we do get the thing we were wanting, we are grateful to Him instead of taking all the credit for ourselves.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • emperor90
    That he wants u to achieve more
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

22
  • Ericalovescats
    Well... you turned it around and whatever role God has in it but are you saying he wants you to WRITE 13 books in 2 months? because good luck with that.

If he wants you to write 13 books period then sure maybe you could do it but don't be surprised if this is taking a long time. Many people had to wait decades for God's word to be fullfilled.
    Like 1 Person
  • Starla1234
    Just write the books if you can, do the best you can, and don’t worry about what ‘god’ thinks.. if you get them done, then you get them done, if you don’t, you don’t. You may have run out of time, ran out of ideas, or were simply bored and procrastinating about sitting down and writing heaps of books.. there are so many reason why/why not you would be able to write the books in time, and I doubt ‘god’ has anything to do with it. If you let ‘god’ or ‘his messages’ control everything you do in your life you are just going to go absolutely insane. There will always be a more logical reason than ‘god’ as to why something did or didn’t work out. Just don’t worry too much, you sound like a high achiever so it’ll all work out, and if it doesn’t in the expected time frame, just keep trying :)
  • zagor
    As Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan until they punched in the mouth".
  • OddBeMe
    Funny that no one planned for the Sermon on the Mount. Everyone showed up expecting fish and bread.