How I understanding taking up the cross

jennifer_bloom
How I understanding taking up the cross

Jesus said that if you want to follow him, you have to be willing to take up your cross.

To me, that means three things

1 - Not giving up just because it’s hard

2 - Doing the right thing even if it’s not fun

3 - Giving up vanities and indulgences when it’s necessary for your character

I will write about the 2nd one: Doing the right thing when it’s not fun.

I think this involves doing the correct behaviour even if it’s uncomfortable.

For a mother, it might mean feeding her baby when she is tired and just wants to sleep.

For a senior, it might mean volunteering to wash your dishes when you have back pain.

For a man, it might mean, helping strangers lift heavy items at a store after being tired from a day of gardening work.

For a child, it might mean walking in cold weather to school instead of skipping class

For me, it involved working 7 days a week when my feet hurt from standing up at work all day

Right now, my cross is different: It involves being friendly and courteous to people I do not like because it’s what the bible commands.

How I understanding taking up the cross
4
1
1Girl Opinion
4Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous
    Yes. It is dying to one’s self everyday. Do I want to yell at people who annoy me because I didn’t get enough sleep? Yes. Should I? No. And so on and so on.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • RedBullRacingLemia
    Thank You, I hope your well, I'm feeling a bit down at the moment.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • A friend of mine used to say that you don’t always get what you want, but that does not mean your life can’t be beautiful without it.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

12
  • standtallstaystrong
    I enjoy your take on this. I feel I was put her to help people although I feel used a lot of the time. Or I see people get recognition for the same thing I had done for the same person and it hurts a little but in the end, I did my part I helping them and ill get the recognition that matters regardless of if another person gives it to me.
  • Staximus
    Buy some shoes designed for standing on your feet all day. Women never know how to buy good work shoes
  • emperor90
    Its good quote
    Like 1 Person