How loneliness can be a gift - Christian Talk

jennifer_bloom

In 2020, I had very little social interaction and I read 10,000 pages of books after getting laid off from my full time job because of the pandemic.

In 2021, I had very little social interaction and came up with over 200 book outlines and then narrowed my ideas down to the top 18 and it would take me 80 years to accomplish all my goals because I invented 30+ research projects to work on, each one capable of keeping me busy for 10 years.

In 2022, I made 5 new friends and now I’ve only accomplished 1 goal in the last 6 days whereas had I been isolated, I could have accomplished 3 and I realize God kept me isolated so I would have more time to serve Him and do His Will and I believe God kept me single so I would have more time to devote to my faith.

4
1
1Girl Opinion
4Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• PositiveNote
    Jesus spent time out in the desert several times in the NT. I believe that he was getting up before dawn and spending loads of time in prayer. Time alone is the perfect way to gain spiritual insight—when balanced with acting on what you learn.

Some think that separation from the world can be godly in itself. Paul spent months away after being surprised by Jesus on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35.) But once he sent back out, he spent the entire rest of his life in public. Even when in prison he wrote letters and spoke out all the time he was in it.

The take away lesson is that understanding God's will is primary, but once your conversation has reached a point, step out in faith. Continue your conversation with God as you walk!
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
  • CheeseMonster
    Solitude is a discipline. It has a purpose. But so do relationships.
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

12
  • emperor90
    Maybe god is there for people if we need it
    Like 1 Person
  • Waldoe
    Follow you bliss... do not be distracted
  • BestWoman
    Solitude is the key to being close to Allah