Could interfaith relationships ever work?

This question boggles my mind, especially as someone who is going for a degree in religious studies. At one point in my life, I was deeply in love with a Muslim girl in my class. She was so kind and the connection felt beyond physical and even emotional. There was this pull that I couldn’t fathom and I felt like I was connected to her by an invisible string (sorry if that’s cheesy). The issue in this situation was that I am Christian. So I had to let her go. And the last day of classes was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life because I knew I would never see her again. But a part of me wonders if we did end up talking more and if I told her how I felt, if the relationship would even flourish. To add onto this, my grandparents were interfaith (Muslim and Catholic) and they had a good relationship at first but a nasty divorce when my grandfather suffered an aneurism and went to more orthodox beliefs. So I wonder, is it even possible for these kinds of relationships to work long term? With any religion, not just Muslim and Christian.

Could interfaith relationships ever work?
Post Opinion