Attacks in Paris on 13th November. 9/11. We all know about terrorism.
But what religion is to blame for it all??
Follwoing the recent attacks on France from ISIS, many would say "Islam!". But let's get to the bottom of this. Time for a little history lesson of terrorism. *This section relates to the UK's history of terrorism only.
- 1971-1979: The IRA plants several bombs during these years, with the total number of deaths and injuries in the undreds, if not thousands. Religion? Loosely Catholic- although not really associated. (IRA attacks continue into the early 2000s)
- 1980 30 April: The Iranian Embassy siege where a six-man terrorist team held the building for six days until the hostages were rescued by a raid by the SAS. Religion? None. There was no religious motivation for this attack.
- 1985: Police found 10 grenades, seven petrol bombs and two detonators at the home of former Group Development Director for the British National Party Tony Lecomber after he was injured by a nailbomb that he was carrying to the offices of the Workers' Revolutionary Party. Religion? Unclear. Editor of racist and antisemitic magazine.
1988 21 December: Pan Am Flight 103 (Lockerbie) was blown up by a suitcase bomb while in flight over Scotland. 270 people were killed. Religion? None. research suggests there was no religious reasons for this attack.
1994 July: A car-bomb outside the Israeli embassy in London injured fourteen. Religion? Not related. Pro-iranian forces to blame.
As you can see, there have been many terrorist attacks that have no links to Islam. They've been committed for a number of reasons by a number of people. Noticeably, many of these attacks do not have purely religious movtivations.
Now let's fast forward to present day. Thousands of people have been moving into countries where ISIS is and are being radicalised. They're apparently Muslim.
Here's some interesting facts for you about these "Muslim" terrorists.
- ISIS members have killed many many Muslims and actually target them. You don't kill members of your own religion.
- ISIS has blown up copies of the Qu'ran. You don't blow up your own Holy Book.
- Many people who migrated to be radicalised actually had to purchase "Islam For Dummies" before leaving. That's because they're not religious.
Also, the genuine Muslim community has absolutely shunned ISIS. Because Islam does not equal terrorism and not all terrorist are Muslim.
So just stop saying all Muslims are terrorists- because you're lying.
As said before:
“If you think Muslims aren’t condemning ISIS, it’s not because Muslims aren’t condemning ISIS. It’s because you’re not listening to Muslims.”