Racial and Ethnic Stereotypes That Need to Die

ADFSDF1996

Everyone has heard someone making fun and or showing bigotry to another person just because they are of a certain race and or ethnicity. Usually you hear the person using some ridiculous stereotype to insult the person, which occasionally leads to a altercation. In this take, I'll show the most notorious stereotypes that need to stop already. Keep in mind that I'm referring to stereotypes that are common here in the U.S. The picture collages don't show stereotypical photos.

Racial and ethnic stereotypes that need to stop

Asian-Americans have stereotypes that usually targets Asian-American males. The most common and ridiculous one is the stereotype that all Asian men have small "you know what", another stereotype is that all Asian men are effeminate/foppish and that they are wimps. The third stereotype is that Asian men are undesirable by women of different races. The fourth stereotype is that Japanese men are perverts. Now the stereotypes that target Asian-American women is that they have flat breasts, butts and overall have "poor physique". Another stereotype Asian-American women face is that they have a fetish for white men. Now the stereotypes that both genders face is that they can't speak very good English, bad drivers, are "Un-American", eat everything that breathes and are nerds. All of these are stereotypes, they aren't true for every Asian-American or Asians in general.

European-Americans(whites) face various stereotypes, the first and most insulting stereotype is that all whites are racists that are against interracial marriage, against people who aren't white living around them and feel superior. We all know that there are racists in every race not just one race. The next one is that white people can't dance. The next stereotype is that all Germans are nazis. Yes unfortunately there are people that scream "Nazi!" whenever they see a German. Lastly, Blond women are stereotyped to have less intelligence for some reason. Lastly there is a stereotype that southerners practice sexual relationships by blood.

Blacks suffer various stereotypes as well. The first stereotype is that they are all uneducated. The next one is that they are all criminals. Black men have a stereotype that they all have large "you know what", it might sound like a compliment to a lot of people but it is objectifying them. Another stereotype is that every black person likes rap and hip hop.

The most common stereotype for Hispanic-Americans is that they are illegal immigrants. Another stereotype is that they are all poor. The third stereotype is that they are landscapers. The fourth stereotype is that they have poor education. Lastly there is a stereotype that they can't speak English good.

Currently, Middle Easterners are targeted by many Bigots. The most common stereotype is that they are all terrorists. There is a stereotype that all middle Eastern men are "misogynists". Lastly, there is a stereotype that they are all one religion.

Mixed people like myself are susceptible to a combination of the stereotypes I just mentioned if it's obvious that you are mixed. People tend to assume I am only Japanese, when I also have Mexican Heritage(mestizo). I do get weird reactions when people find out I'm a American of Japanese and Hispanic descent.

While I've never had any stereotypes directed at me, I know some people that have had stereotypes directed at them. Just remember that nobody is safe from ethnic and or racial stereotypes. Maybe one day stereotypes will stop.

2
8

Most Helpful Guy

• aficionado
    You forgot the stereotype about Indians - specifically Indian men. And this is common almost everywhere outside India, not just in India.

So the stereotype is that Indian men are ALL rapists and perverts. So the first thought someone gets when he/she sees an Indian man is "I wonder how many women he has raped or molested".

Another common stereotype about Indians (more so for men than women) is that 'we smell like curry'. For this reason, a lot of landlords refuse to rent their place out to Indians. And people also keep away from us unless we are close enough for them to get a whiff of our cologne or deodorant.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• vishna
    Ken Watanabe can have it <3 ooohh I've always thought he was a hunk.
    Is this still revelant?
    • ADFSDF1996

He is currently battling stomach cancer😢.

• vishna

What, no :/ I hope he beats cancer's ass.

• ADFSDF1996

I hope so too.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

17
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    Yeah. stereotypes are generally negatively based and reinforce a racist belief that a vocal minority may have - It is my belief that racism is hatred pure and simple and in order to legitimise it, these spurious stereotypes are created to make it sound like you are not a complete loser. Being a racist is a lower level scum than any insidious stereotype they can throw out. It is very hard to say is the world more racist now than ever, it is not as blatant as it once was but many political movements are using subtle racist arguments and people are being taking in by the perceived economic implications. The muslim thing is a security issue where terrorists are using the religion as cover and kneejerk response to the whole religion create fodder for the terrorist propaganda machine. It is not as catchy a soundbite to say "Some not all muslims are terrorists". I would say the "Brexit" vote was won on the subtle racist premise of immigration, a stereotype was pushed into the minds of the voters and it worked. The "Leave" since have tried to gloss over it but it was the number one issue not right wing Tory party eurosceptism but the perceived impact of immigration in working class traditionally left wing Labour party areas.
  • LiveFreeorDieHard
    I understand where your coming from. We are all Homo sapiens that come with different forms. Such as different eye colors, hair colors, skin colors, weight and height. But all those thing are just a feature. Whether your smart dumb, hot or ugly, rich poor, hung as a horse or have a shrimp for a penis depends on the individual. Amen even though I'm an atheist.
  • 

• Chief16
    Well, it is an ideal. But sadly racial typecasting and stereotypes never die. Lemme tell you why.
    1. Racial discrimination is only used by folks who have an extreme inferiority complex, the reality being they're just scared ignorant fools who refuse to open their eyes.
    2. They somehow wanna maintain some sort of 'superiority' over the rest by putting them down. That's kinda ironic because when you're superior, it shows. You don't have to go out to of your way to put someone else down.
  • UnknownXYZ
    www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-shrug(d).gif

Unfortunately, stereotypes will never die because we have preconception. We make judges based on thing we have experienced forming confirmation bias.

www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-aha(d).gif

But that doesn't mean we need to act on them though! That's where we can progress.
  • NotMyUsername15
    The guy playing basketball under Middle Eastern, is not Middle Eastern.
  • zombiebabe
    interesting but sad take tho... and this comes from a mixed race person
  • bluenose1872
    How do you know theyre just stereotypes?
    • ADFSDF1996

Ask around and you'll get answers. When it comes to size, ask some women who have been with men of those races. Don't tell me you believe every white person is racist.

• I believe everybodys racist. People are just good at making the right noises so they dont get into trouble

• ADFSDF1996

I've heard about that before but I'm skeptical that everyone is racist.

• Anonymous
    I only saw a reality denying picture about brain size and shape
    (tip: if reality doesn't agree with your wishes, don't speak of reality. But stating that your wishes are reality may be too much and backfire.
    Moderation is needed. Just don't talk of unpleasant realities, instead of saying they aren't real, maybe?)

, and read till the part dealing with penis size.

Anyone interested can google "the penis size worldwide (country)" and view the map.

I have no interest in rants calling "stereotypes" statistical averages and facts, so I didn't go ahead reading, though, of course, I can't be sure all the points you made are not true, but had no interest in verifying that.

Besides, I say again, it's not a smart thing to do.
    Ignore unpleasant things is the smart way, not deny them.
    • ADFSDF1996

I never said the stereotypes didn't exist at all. I simply listed the stereotypes to let people know how absurd they are and how ignorant it is to assume everyone of a certain group is like that.