Tourist Destination: New York, A Great Place to Live...If You Can Adapt

legalboxers

New York....

A place so nice, its named twice :)

New York, one of the 4 boroughs of a conglomerate call New York City

Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, and lastly, the most forgotten borough, which makes Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer pale in comparison. Staten Island. (Fist pump)

Everyone wants to come here and start a new life. So here is basically a break down with the tourist destinations, and possibly relocations if you wish (again MyTake and a short, brief list)

Manhattan:

The center of it all. Where the majority of the people come to visit. Why? because its Manhattan. Everything is here. From the Stock Market, Central Park, Freedom Tower (aka 1 World Trade). SoHo, Village, Penn Station, Rockerfeller Center, China Town, the UN Building the MoMa, and one of the best venues, Madison Square Garden (RANGERS, Knicks) and major rock concerts (Bon Jovi). Many Tourist Dollars come here. You also got a few big named law schools and colleges here (NYU, Fordham, Columbia)

Queens:

Now this is one of the landing points (JFK AIRPORT) for most tourists and visitors who come here from overseas and other places. JFK Airport is one of the key spots here, also this was home to the World Fair of 1964.

You also have that other stadium here...

Bronx

Now two good things are from here..

And...of course...

One of the GREATEST PLACES ON EARTH. Yankee Stadium! (HEYA DOIN!)

BROOKLYN

Now here my friends, is where its good. Great. This is where the best food is from!!!

NATHANS HOT DOGS. The crown jewel of Brooklyn. The Best hot dogs on the planet!

CONEY ISLAND

If you ever wanted to know what heaven is. This is the place. Good food, and the sights aren't so bad either :)

Also. the best pizzeria on the planet! 2 squares and a slice and your golden!

And last...

STATEN ISLAND (no hate)

The forgotten borough.

Made famous by Tess McGill.. and the #1 mode of transportation to see the Statue of Liberty

What do we have? Well...

Richmond County ballpark..

We got a lot to offer...

As for places to live.. that choice is yours. Food, transportation, cost of living.

9
8

Most Helpful Girl

• btbc92
    Here is my advice. I'm a Coney Island native and I suggest you take this seriously. New York is very VERY Expensive. They don't call this place the Capital of the World for nothing. It's okay to visit, But I advise not living here. I miss family and friends, but can't stand the people! Here is the reason why:

1. Education is far more lax then ever. I did not received the kind of education that would prepare me for college. You have too many in the system out for money and don't give a damn about your kids. And if your kids school scores less then above average, especially in attendance, the Dept. of Ed will cut back funds. And many are playing favoritism. Schools are unclean, [especially when we had that rat incident] with unhealthy lunches. So unless you put your kids in a private school or homeschool them. Is In honor roll or a 'Talented' genius. Your going to get crap, unless they favor your kid over other students. They're system and rules is full of loop holes so it's anyway goes. If they like you enough, they may even help you cheat on regent exams and get more credit towards the 44 credit requirement to graduate HS. Sad situation.
    2. Like I said before. EXPENSIVE! This place makes it unbearable and unaffordable to live, even with food stamps! A lot of people who even have money are either moving upstate, PA or they're favorite FLORIDA! It is HARD to get an apartment, and for those of you who say kick your children out by 18. Bad news for you. No Credit, No job, No income over 5K, No degree, No proof of Bills?: Forget it. If they don't like you for whatever reason, they won't take you. Learned the hard way when I took Real Estate courses. By the way if your not on top of the waiting list, your less likely to get an apartment in Public housing.
    3. Gang Activity is everywhere! It's not just 'da hood' or the ghetto. It's everywhere. Even in rich areas, jewish neighborhoods and so forth. Staten Island isn't as grand as you think. With more people going there, it became a place of hoodlum's, loudmouths and gang activity. I can say this because my mother is a SI native with a lot of my family is from there. It used to be very quite like how you see on the Pleasentville movie back in the 50's-80's. Now police is everywhere and it's gotten worse off since my childhood in the 90's. Do your research on crimes.
    Is this still revelant?
    • btbc92

Also, Coney Island (CI) is not somewhere you want to live unless you have NO other choice. This place is high on rape crimes, expect the unexpected of murder in body bags. A lot of teens and young adults fighting for no reason! Usually over 50 of them at once in the streets! As soon as the cops comes, they disperse, and when they leave, the kids come right back to do what they started. When you hear them talking about it's going down at 8pm during the summer. I don't care if you never had curfew. You will set your OWN curfew time by 5pm if you have to just to avoid getting shot or involved. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good things about NY that entices you to stay forever. But enticement is bad! Be wise with your decision in where you want or like to live. You will do you and your family a favor. Also, don't that Manhattan is any better. Certain places, at certain times and the Nightlife scene is something for you to be cautious about. Key #1: Don't trust everybody!

• btbc92

And just because they are plenty of people around, it doesn't mean they are going to help you. Be smart. Otherwise have fun visiting. Be careful on the subways and don't be in areas where no conductor is on board. Not all homeless people are bad. And watch for anybody who's rowdy and loud, in case a fight breaks out. Most of all: NEVER TOLERATE HARASSMENT! Best Regards.

• Im a born and raised SIer. Im in the good part of town.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

88
  • madhatters4
    i'm from philly and love new york. i try to visit AT LEAST once a year. i couldn't imagine living there only because of the cost of living

but it is in my opinion certainly the best American city if not the best in the world
  • helloitsmethere
    My childhood in one myTake... I used to travel to New York all the time. I might visit there again one day (OF COURSE) or even live there because I love it so much. The only place I haven't been to was the Freedom Tower.
    Also, HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE BRONX ZOO?
  • Sephora_Addict
    Ugh I hate Brooklyn and I'm from there, it's not that special.
    • sorry Im over from the other side (the one with the most expensive bridge to cross) :)

• There's a lot of bridges here, I'm gonna say Manhattan? The tourist zone?

• Verazanno :)

• TatyanaTheEmpress
    New York is very beautiful city, by the way, how many islands there are in NY?
    • its boroughs, they are 5. Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island

• Are there any parts of NY which are not on the islands?

• Other_Tommy_Wiseau
  • Luci92
    Take me back there!
    I am so in love with New York <3
  • Supersonic_Sex_Ninja
    New York would be a lot better if it wasn't filled with New Yorkers.
  • teatea111
    Queens has a lot of good food places too actually
    Especially if you're into ethnic food
    • all over the city you got places like that. especially in midtown. You got a nice greek place, a nice Asian place.

• teatea111

I agree but usually Queens also has pretty cheap food compared to places in Brooklyn and Manhattan. There might be a bit of a language barrier, especially in Flushing but that doesn't deter most people from getting food from there.

• Thrifty
    Anywhere outside of Manhattan (and Harlem) is a dump. But yea, NYC is awesome if you're within Houston and 100 Ave
  • abundantlyrich
    Sounds like a place where the famous rich people live
  • John_Doesnt
    I'm born and raised in LA. Supposedly New York is way too different for us.
  • front2back
    Heard alternate side parking was a bitch
    • no problem in staten island.

• I bet it sucks if you live there but if you're just visiting and you learn the system then it saves u a lot of money on parking :D

• I mean street parking and moving your car rather than paying for a garage is good if you're visiting, but not living

• ElissaDido
    I WANT TO VISIT IT <3
  • frozenhorizon
    I'm moving there in a few weeks!
  • Fathoms77
    A day trip to Manhattan is always good for me. :)
  • Anonymous
    For some reason I always had been fascinated with New York and I dont even live in the USA. One of my dreams is to visit New York but so far I h avent been able to do it for many many years as no oportunity, or time I have found to really go there. I like to visit all the tourist places and landmarks, visit Wall Street, go to the 5th avenue see the big lighted billboards all that stuff and eat in some of the delicious restuarnts that are there.