The Republican Party's Current Social Politics Have No Place in America

Waffles731
The Republican Parties Current social politics have no place in America

The GOP is an utter disgrace to this country.

The fact is that they like to base their entire social policies on the FUCKING BIBLE. The Bible is NOT THE CONSTITUTION. Fuck I believe in a deity myself but I don't force you to follow the rules of mine. You have ZERO right to put the the politics of your religion into politics. Sure you can oppose gay marriage but then realize that its NOT in the goddamn constitution.

See thats the thing, it is not mentioned in the constitution and it is mentioned in the BIBLE and with this thing called separation of church and state that means that it can't be banned because your religion says so and that is what you are doing. VIOLATING THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION.

Ted Cruz himself said

That means that Ted Cruz HAS ZERO PLACE IN POLITICS. In Fact he should be simply barred from holding the office of president because he cares about his interpetation of the Bible more than he cares about his fellow Americans. Again I've got no problem with a belief in God, I believe in a goddess (not a typo, the Deity I believe in is female.) myself but I don't get to enforce my religion on you and vice versa. Its the same goddamn thing with Abortion.

Now lets get to their stance on Unions

The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

That is what a Union is, A group of Workers who assemble and demand fair pay and working conditions. Yet the GOP fucking hates them. A Union is the very epitome of the Right to Peaceable Assembly. So the fact that the Republican party likes to go around union busting like their are the 19th century pinkertons lately means that YES THEY HAVE VIOLATED THE GODDAMN CONSTITUTION.

Let me put it this way. You want all this shit, then go to a place without this constitution. You want Religion to have its way in politics I hear Iran is nice this time of year and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

1
13

Most Helpful Guy

• zagor
    Actually they definitely do not base them on the bible, or they would be more concerned about the poor.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

112
  • bryon
    Gay marriage didn't exist when the constitution was written. And for your information neither did the notion of God not being welcomed into politics and every other facet of life. And the present administration couldn't give to eat turds about the constitution what so ever and hasn't since he took office
    • Waffles731

Yes it was, Seperation of church and state.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli
      That says that the U. S is not founded on Christian Principles.
      The Founding Fathers were Deists and while those beliefs did influence the constitution they also made it so that their own beliefs were not forcing others to abide by them.
      I do believe in a deity but Its not right for me to force the stances of the goddess I worship into politics as well nor anyone elses

• bryon

Then in the spirit of fairness it isn't the right of the godless to stifle those that are religious. And just because someone professes that they are religious isn't in any way forcing it on anyone else

• Waffles731

its not however basing the laws on the bible is

• Joshua2332
    Specific examples of everything above? Looks like another liberal cuck who is voting for Killary.
    • Waffles731

I'm voting for Gary Johnson moron

• Dreadful

That's a vote for Trump, Waffles.

• Waffles731

@Dreadful
      No its a vote for Gary Johnson.
      I hate Trump and I hate Hilary and I'm not going to betray my own beliefs by voting for someone I find utterly evil

• WalterRadio
    You fail to understand the Republican party was founded by Christians who held the radical view that slavery was immoral.

You also fail to understand that each party is a coalition.

Republicans are comprised of Christian Conservatives and libertarians who are more concerned about fiscal issues than social issues.

Democrats are primarily made of Socialist elitists and Socialist proletariat (rather odd arrangement, since the whole point of the elitists is to control the proletariat). They have a small number of libertarians who are more concerned about social issues than fiscal issues and a few minor groups like greens and radical gay activists.

Personally, I couldn't care less that there is prayer said at a school or that abortion becomes illegal. All I care about is keeping people's hands out of my pocket and letting me make economic choices as I see fit.
    • Waffles731

Then admit it, YOU. DO. NOT. CARE. ABOUT. THE. CONSTITUTION.

• Of course I do. It is Democrats who pretend it is just a suggestion, and Ginsburg is the worst.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
      I am quite certain that there is no law that requires people to practice a religion. However, there are laws that prohibit the free exercise thereof, such as prohibiting prayer in school, requiring people to pay for birth control or abortion, or requiring one to participate in a sinful act. If the Constitution is to be strictly followed, then these laws should be repealed.

• Waffles731

The moment the GOP decided they wanted to, Ban Abortions, Ban Gay Marriage and go union busting they violated the constituion

• QuestionMan
    Marriage and abortion are not mentioned in the constitution which leaves it up to the people to decide. The argument against same-sex marriage doesn't have to be religious. I'm an atheist and I've always opposed it. I oppose it because marriage has a social purpose, to raise children with a mom and a dad. I also oppose gay marriage because I oppose government involvement in marriage. It is a private affair and shouldn't receive any benefits. It's bad enough straight couples get money for making kids, now gays will get money too.
    Finally I oppose it because it takes a tradition that is intended for straight people and bastardizes it instead of creating a unique gay civil union and a unique gay culture.

As for abortion, I can argue that the life of the unborn is protected by the constitution.
    The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is taken away from this child whenever an abortion is performed.

There is actually a growing number of Republican atheists. The problem is the Republican party has become polluted with Jesus freaks who care about God way too much.
  • somebodysaycheese
    the whole State and government separate doesn't mean that Religion has no right to be in government. But that the government has not right to be the head of the church. The puritans came over because their govt.(the Royal family) was the head of the church and set rules that they felt best helped them. The puritans however believed in the bible not " the govts" version and came here. "The Founding Fathers correctly believed that "religion, morality and knowledge" should be taught in public schools.
    They believed that morality could not be taught without religion, and that without morality, our nation would crumble.
    The U. S. Supreme Court (1844) declared that morality could not be taught in government-operated schools without the New Testament."
    they
    The Founders' opinion of the Bible, and of its use in schools, was clear:

"The great enemy of the salvation of man, in my opinion, never invented a more effectual means of extirpating [extinguishing] Christianity from the world than by persuading mankind that it was improper to read the Bible at schools.[54] [T]he Bible, when not read in schools, is seldom read in any subsequent period of life. . . . [It] should be read in our schools in preference to all other books from its containing the greatest portion of that kind of knowledge which is calculated to produce private and public temporal happiness.[55]"
    BENJAMIN RUSH, SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION
    It wasn't until School District of Abington Township v. Schempp (1963) that claimed our forefathers didn't want religion in school.
    In 1777, our forefathers ordered that a bible was to be in every home in America and in schools.
    www.gospelway.com/.../continental_congress.php
    The democratic party either way is forcing its beleifs on people. they are no different. I dont identify with either party but I can see the hypocrisy.
  • JRICHARDS1996
    I'm disappointed that you fell into the straw man that there is no reason to oppose same-sex 'marriage' apart from the Bible. You did not have to agree with my Take, but it did show that there is a real philosophical objection to it. The religious may have utilized it, but it is not religious in itself.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree. Especially when these same "Christians" have no problem massacring indigenous Orthodox Christians in the Middle East, like Palestine, the Copts in Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon. If anything, they are actively opposed to our very existence because it shatters their wacky Evangelical zionist eschatology wherein Israel is vital for the end of the world.

I would add however that the Democratic Party's current social politics have no place in the United States today either. No longer is it about living and letting live, but about the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah trying to force their way into Lot's home like Hobby Lobby or that Christian bakery. Not to mention political correctness and gun control which I view as violations of the 1st and 2nd Amendments, and the executive power grab which started with Truman going to war in Korea without permission from Congress.

He paved the way for Bush.
    • I would also argue that the Democratic party creates a state of dependency amongst minorities to ensure they vote for the Democrats.

• NearlyNapping
    You have no clue what you are talking about. None whatsoever. Unfortunately there are millions of people who actually buy into this kind of bullshit. Even more unfortunately, they vote.

This is so far off that there is no place to start. It's like pointing to a tree and calling it a car. All you can do is shake your head and hope that someday they'll figure it out.
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    Yes I have always been in favour of the separation of church and state.
  • HeWhoPonders
    To me, being Democratic or Republican has nothing to do with the constitution, it has to do with views on the balance of power and resource. We believe that people should have to earn their way to the top and that those willing to put in the effort are entitled to what they gain through that effort. People like you believe that those who have rightfully grasped height in their lives are, for whatever reason, the bad guys and that they are obligated to give away what they clawed for to those who don't deserve it.
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    I dhave not even know where to start with this 😔
  • Danfrombackhome
    Zip it, commie
  • Anonymous
    And the Dems are so respectful of the constitution, aren't they?
    As far as social politics, all of them go where the social winds blow. They like to squeeze votes wherever they can.
    Another thing I noticed is that people on both sides love to pick and choose quotes of the founding fathers. I really like them, but if it was up to TJ, I could be castrated, I think.
  • Anonymous
    True, but the liberal social policy is bullshit as well. For instance the constitution expressly forbids any law limiting Free Speech or Freedom of Religion as the Thomas Jefferson Meme pointed out and you later quoted, such as not being allowed to even say "Merry Christmas."
    • Waffles731

Really the only places that don't allow people to say merry Christmas are certain schools but not most of them, and some companies and in the latter case its to be as inoffensive as possible to retain customers

• Anonymous

In public schools, public parks, any government building, not to mention you aren't "supposed" to say it anywhere.

I do agree with the separation of church and state, as well as the Union busting (good catch!) I'm just saying they aren't the only ones ignoring the Constitution for political gain.

• Waffles731

I know but I'm an independent and this one is the one that is currently pissing me off.
      Socially I'm a Classical Liberal,
      I'm pro- Gun Rights, LGBTQA rights, Free Speech, Freedom of assembly (and therefore Unions) etc.
      I'm fairly left fiscally though