My View on Whether or Not Abortion Should Be Banned

NatashaJ

Today I felt like expressing my opinion on this matter, but to be honest I don't care what you have to say: I believe abortion should be legal for various reasons. I want to explain why I feel this way. We can debate but keep it civil in the comments below. I am going to bring up America since they have an issue with this topic and other parts of the world as well.

Why I think abortion should be legal:

In America people want abortion AND birth control banned

https://www.xojane.com/issues/anti-choicers-now-trying-to-ban-your-birth-control

This is being reported and quite frankly I find it outrageous. Clearly these extremists want people to be abstinent, though research shows there less teen pregnancies occur when abstinence was not being taught to be use as main birth control. Now if abortion does get banned then birth control should as well. But why would you put people in this position? I see no reason to ban birth control and abortion when it helps millions of people across the globe. I also brought up birth control because if abortion does get ban in America so will birth control.

I personally think that women who do not want abortions or men for that matter should not have an opinion whether abortions should be ban or not

There I said it. Let the hate come; I don't care because this is how I feel. I am totally fine with people not wanting to do abortions or thinks it's not right. But if you never plan to have an abortion then why does it matter if others want to? There need to be CHOICES for people you can't have it your way 100%. I think if you never want an abortion then why is your opinion matter? It shouldn't because let's face it not everyone is having an abortion; just a small group of women.

I don't see why you would care so much whether what a other person does with their child. If you are not the parent of the child you have no say what is happening to the fetus. I also think men shouldn't have the right to make laws banning abortion when its not their issue, it's a women issue so how can a man say its right for all women that abortion is banned? Personally I think lawmakers need to be biased and no ill feelings towards abortions. Not people with strong views of banning abortions.

Banning abortions will kill many women and promotes illegal practices.

Many people didn't know that when abortion was illegal in the past many women died. You know how they died? Getting a illegal abortions. Look, if you ban abortion that won't stop women from getting one. Today they have a way to have a safe abortion where they mostly likely not going to die from having a abortion. When abortion was illegal many died due to the fact it was an illegal practice and doctors gained money from this without the government knowing.

Also, they made shortcuts in these abortions because there was no one to stop them. I'm sorry, I felt saving citizens who pay taxes, work and contribute to society in their own ways should be protected from illegal practices that could cost their live. I also feel the woman who has an abortion is not as bad as the doctor who willing to kill many women from illegal abortions for money.

9
8

Most Helpful Girl

• Prettygurl12
    I agree 100%

You hit all the major points.

It's not anyone's business what a woman does with her fetus except hers and perhaps the father of said fetus - if he wasn't a ONS.

If you don't want to abort, that's awesome - don't. But don't you dare think that you can control what others do. Pro-Choice people do not go around advocating the killing of all unborn babies. Pro-Life people, however, go around promoting the birth of them all - no matter the circumstances surrounding their birth or the life they will be born into.

And honestly, sometimes the quality of life said child would receive is not better than not being born. Children born to unloving parents, children born to go directly into the foster care system, children born addicted to drugs, children born with intense deformities... it goes on and on. Is being born really worth it?

Is this still revelant?
    • NatashaJ

I so agree and I don't see why it bothers them so much babies every day it happens.

• NatashaJ

Just get over it and this is coming from women who finds babies one of the best things out there.

• I get it. But I also get that it's none of my business what another woman chooses to do with her vagina.

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    Good take, FYI A lot of Americans are very pro choice
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

78
  • ginny_weasley
    I agree with this on so many levels. The bottom line is if a woman wants an abortion, she's going to get one. So it should be done by a trained medical doctor not done by herself with a coat hanger in a dark alleyway. Now get ready for the inevitable political shitstorm.
    • NatashaJ

I know I'm waiting for them XD lol

• Rissyanne
    I believe abortion is wrong... for myself. Which would never happen at my age. But I dont have the right to tell anyone else it is wrong. I dont agree with late term abortion only in the case of the mother's life. I do believe people should be more responsible... there are only like a million kinds of birth control. I think it is a personal difficult decision to make. And shouldn't be taken lightly.
    • NatashaJ

At lease with proper birth control education teen pregnancies have been the lowest in decades.

• outmyroom
    This is so right! Best take ever. Guys don't get that they can't impose on our body their opinions. Plus an unwanted child is worse off being alive then not existing. No one can say what we can or can't do to our bodies. I can't believe this is even an issue when there are actual problems in the world.
    • NatashaJ

I agree I wrote this because a question that a under 18 male anonymous says should women be infertile if they get a abortion and he kept calling me sexist when I said your opinion shouldn't matter. I think it was because he had nothing to say because I have a more defense on it.

• outmyroom

Totally agree. I'm very much for equality but there are some issues that only we should be able to decide on. This is one of them.

• NatashaJ

I even said I have a more opinion then you because pregnancy can happen to me and it would be my decision then. Not yours since your a male.

• mikemx55
    Ahh, agree, but for totally different reasons that those.
    Plus one of your arguments is invalid:
    "But if you never plan to have an abortion then why does it matter if others want to?"

I may never want to have a clone, and still believe that cloning people is morally wrong, and is a valid argument: moral and ethics.
    • NatashaJ

But if you trying to prevent others that will not affect your life in any way or form to abortions I don't think you should have a say in law. One this is going to cost a big problem with people.

• mikemx55

Again, I agree but the way you present it is invalid. With that way of thinking, you could also claim that I have no right to say a word about a murderer sentence, just because the people he killed were not connected to me in any way, and did not affect my life in any way.

It's a dangerous line of thought.

• NatashaJ

The only want a woman getting a abortion affects you is she aborting your child if not then you have no right to tell her what to do with her child. Just saying babies die every day you just going to have accept it even if they were aborted or not.

• PurpleTeardrops2
    YES to everything. It is a woman's body, ergo it's her ultimate decision at the end of the day. Abortion should remain legal nationwide.

Laws honestly don't do shit. If a woman wants an abortion, she'll get one whether or not it's legal.
  • Good take. I understand that making abortion illegal wouldn't stop abortion, just make it more dangerous.
  • RedVulcan
    All the important points were hit. All I gotta say is which major groups want to ban abortion anyway? The article didn't mention anybody important, I checked.
    • NatashaJ

well it extremists you know those nut jobs that bomb planned parenthood, do strikes etc

• NatashaJ

But if you look in the comments on the article some of them mention what group is doing it thou.

• RedVulcan

... tbh I don't really care now. You can't stop lone wolf or zealous idiot group attacks through GaG anyway. They in return can't make abortion illegal by bombing clinics, so what's the point?

• angelfromsky
    I think it's a personal decision for a woman to keep her baby or not. No one else should have a law about it. About birth control, being human beings both men and women have urge to have sex. There's no precaution in this world that guarantees 100% safety. If you ban any of these two, people would have kids they can't even afford giving education to or giving basic needs = food, clothing, shelter. Moreover, I think birth controls should be over the counter and no fancy prescriptions are required for them.
  • Thisperson98
    I stop reading at "if you don't agree with me you are wrong" section. That right their tells me you don't understand the other side.
  • Jackblue
    Here is a thought artificial wombs as an alternative to abortion. Research into such things is currently banned I say it should be legal.
  • Donniej
    Would you be pro choice if it comes down to murder
    • NatashaJ

I still will not all murder their children with coat hangers, a lot of them follow the rules that the law placed.

• NatashaJ

all mothers*

• Donniej

Okay how about a father's right to opt out of child support do you support that?

• Anonymous
    While I can understand why one would be against abortion I wouldn't say it is by choice I'd say it is more about the welfare of the child. If a mom and dad don't want their child then doesn't that mean they would be more likely to neglect, abuse, or abandon them? Maybe it would be better for the child to be sent to heaven and saved from a life of neglect. I am for abstinence and I refuse to have sex until I'm ready to be a dad and the mother is ready to be a mom but others may not be so careful. If I were an unborn fetus I'd rather be put out of my misery than live a life of negelct and/or abuse.
  • Anonymous
    Why shouldn't women who don't want abortions have an opinion? They obviously don't want one because they don't like abortions... so just because they don't agree with other women, doesn't mean their opinion is not valid or they shouldn't have an opinion on it. And some women never want an abortion but still agree with you anyway, bet you wouldn't say those ones shouldn't have an opinion.

I personally think people should have the choice, but it shouldn't be as late as it is. In the majority of places, the cut off is 23 weeks, that is a stage of pregnancy where if they baby was born as a preemie, it could live- numerous have been born at 23 weeks and lived. That's not nice at all. Some places even have it later than that.
    I also don't agree with it when some girls just don't use birth control properly and have 2 and more abortions... like no, just learn to take your pill properly or get the implant so you don't need to worry about taking it.
    If it's done early, and it's not somebody who keeps doing it, I don't care.

Also, one other point. People keep saying this isn't a man's issue at all. That isn't entirely true. The same way an abortion can fuck with a woman mentally after it happens- can happen to guys too. I've known personally a couple who were severely depressed after the ex or girlfriend got an abortion. But realistically, what can we do? Pregnancy can be severe for some women, and some even die... other people can't make those choices for her body- but it isn't entirely not a man's issue still
    • NatashaJ

When I meant women who do not like abortions shouldn't have a opinion I meant in lawmaking you should not have a opinion its not affecting you. Whatever you say or not its not affecting period. Two men shouldn't because most of the time women take on the role of the child carer, a lot of men don't do as much as women do. There a reason why they shouldn't have a word in law about abortions. But if a woman really doesn't want to keep a child and a man does. She going to do it anyway you can't force her to be the mother of your child.

• NatashaJ

Besides why would a man want a woman who doesn't want his child be the mother of his child?

• Anonymous

I agree you can't force her, and shouldn't. Trust me, i had a very difficult pregnancy and I know how hard it is and would never want any woman who doesn't want it to suffer like that for nothing, just because he wants a kid. Like some women die, it's not a minor thing.. pregnancy changes your body for life, weakens teeth and bones and things like that that nobody talks about. You can't force somebody into that.
      As for why he'd want em? Same reason millions of girls decide to have a kid for a man who doesn't want it. Some people just want their kids, regardless of relationship status.
      As for only women who want abortions being the only people who get an opinion, again, that just means only one side of the argument gets to talk, and whether we agree with people or not, that's not how we do things here, we let all have a say.

• Anonymous
    You failed because you do not grasp the central points of why abortion is wrong.

It's not about women or men, or about promotes illegal practices or not, nor can you say men should not have an opinion, because it's about morals, ethics and most importantly the human rights of the unborn child.

You failed because you presume the unborn child is not a child, this is the single issues that divides the two sides. When is the child a child, that is the key and the ONLY issues worth considering.
    • NatashaJ

You just assume I don't think a unborn child is a child it is, but I rather have the child be aborted if its better for the woman life or the child life. Plus I still think abortion should be legal because lets fact its none of my business or yours what a woman does with her baby. Mind your own business and take of your kids.

• Anonymous

"I rather have the child be aborted if its better for the woman life or the child life "- you can't judge that, more so it's not your decision to make on somebodies else's behalf.

"Plus I still think abortion should be legal because lets fact its none of my business or yours what a woman does with her baby" - It is the states business, hence why born baby killings are punishable by death in certain states and countries.

"Mind your own business and take of your kids" - sorry we can't, that is why we have criminal laws in the first place. It's not a personal matter when you have a victim.

• NatashaJ

Abortion is not crime right now so just because you think its a crime does not mean it is. Its a crime if a woman aborted her baby too late. Since most women follow the law of abortion they can do what they please. Seriously you should really mind your own business and life if abortion bothers you so much.

• Anonymous
    I don't think abortions should be banned