Let's Bridge the Gender Divide

shessoheavy
Let's Bridge the Gender Divide

I have used this site for 7 years. In that time I've seen the gender divide on here get much much worse. I owe this site and it's community a lot; I found out that I am asexual thanks to this site, which has been a huge turning point in my life.

I think I have more respect for women naturally because I do not view them sexually. I have always really admired femininity, I love women's fashion, I like how women usually communicate more openly, l like that you can be nice to a girl without it seeming too weird like with compliments and stuff. I don't think I have ever called a girl a bitch to her face, and hardly even ever behind her back. I have never made a move on a girl, never wanted to; though some have made a move on me. I have never had a girlfriend, I am not even sure if I want even an asexual girlfriend.

I'm not assertive around women and I don't want to be. I would rather just tag along and hang out with them like I'm just another girl. On the flip side, when I hang out with guys I like to be one of the guys. I feel like I can walk between both worlds relatively easily. Women have not always been nice to me either, usually teasing me for my lack of masculinity or questioning my asexuality. I don't think I am all that feminine myself but more so than the average straight guy, but I really hated feeling like had to try to be masculine before I came out.

My point of all of this that I am pretty neutral in this gender divide. More or less, I think that sex has a lot to do with it.

Let's Bridge the Gender Divide

Women, if you want equality, then pay for a date every now and then. If you want men to respect you, respect yourself and other women. If you want to talk about how gender inequality sucks, then talk about how it sucks for men too and especially stop calling men pussies if they act "unmanly". If you want men to stop slut shaming, stop slut shaming other women and stop making fun of male virgins. If you want men to see you as more than a sex object, stop determining a man's masculinity or worth by women he could sleep with or if you would.

Let's Bridge the Gender Divide

Men. Stop seeing women as mere sex objects, and stop judging them solely on their looks. Stop slut shaming, and stop player praising. Either a lot of hetero sex going on is good or bad; make up your damn mind. Stop considering being like a girl as an insult, that is inherently sexist. Stop paying for every date if you don't think you should. STOP THE VIOLENCE. Stop ignoring and downplaying women's issue just because men have issues too. Show women respect simply because they are fellow human beings.

I know there are things about both sides that I can't understand, but this is how I see it. Let's bridge the gender divide! 👫

Let's Bridge the Gender Divide
3
10

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice_Guy_Last
    It's interesting, being bisexual, I necessarily look at men and women as equal in terms of sex as well. I feel bi/asexual have that unique vantage point, and I appreciate hearing the like-minded input.

I think that a lot of the gender gap is people making too much out of nothing. They have one negative experience and transition that onto an entire gender. We all really just need to take a chill pill and calm down.
    Is this still revelant?
    • How did I not know you were bi?

• Aces and bi/pans have a lot in common I think. I have several friends that are either bi or pans and we seem to share some of the same social experiences ironically. I feel like I typically relate more to bi/pan people than I do straight or gay people.

• @FallOutBoy2001 lol, I don't know. I even have quite a few posts about bisexuality, and me being such.

Guys or girls?
      Yes

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

39
  • Phoenix98
    Destroy feminism and destroy the men right's activists.

There you go divide fixed no more idiotic groups poisoning our children and young ones with nonsense.
    • The most extreme speak the loudest. Welcome to sensationalism.

• Phoenix98

@Nice_Guy_Last I wouldn't call it extreme but no one can deny that as long these groups exist there will always be a divide.

• It's extreme given the context of who belongs where. There is a much larger percentage of the population that doesn't identify as either than those who do, to the point that the groups are outliersand, by definition, extremes.

• — "I'm not assertive around women and I don't want to be. I would rather just tag along and hang out with them like I'm just another girl. On the flip side, when I hang out with guys I like to be one of the guys. I feel like I can walk between both worlds relatively easily."

There we go. I can relate to this so much. I'm definitely on the spectrum (and probably just asexual) and this is exactly how I am.
  • NexAngelus
    i just wanted to shoot a missle at both edges of that cliff hehe :)
  • ASEXY
    This is well put. It would be nice if people would actually listen.
  • Dred1614returns
    Get rid of feminists and men's rights activists. Problem solved.
  • mostwomenshouldstfu
    Bridge it with your d***
  • Adigelunar
    agree
  • WhaChaChaKing
    I already think this way.
  • bruce3
    good
  • MissSakura
    good one
  • Anonymous
    The thousand cock stare is hard to describe in words: you either recognize it or you don’t. I think the best way to describe it would be as a vapid lifelessness of a woman who’s trying her best to hide her slut past and post-wall desperation. It’s not surprising that they often resemble a recovering addict—which they are, in some ways. They also tend to look older than their real age as excessive alcohol and cocks destroyed their youth. I knew one gorgeous girl, who was the closest thing to a 10 I’ve seen in my life, hit the wall with visible TCS by the time she reached 24.
  • Anonymous
    lets not bridge it.. women are women and men are men.. were different and always will be