You Don't Owe The President Anything

You Don't Owe The President Anything

A new era has begun. We officially have our 45th president, Donald J. Trump. Like it or not, as so many have said, he is here, and what comes next, we must deal with however that may be. However, the rolling over to a new president does not mean you owe him anything. You don't owe him respect, you don't owe him a chance, you don't owe him your forgiveness of his past. You owe him nothing.

The people hurling fire and brimstone at Trump didn't just arrive at this position out of the blue. They are basing their feelings on Trump's actions in the past and what he has done with video tape proof no less. Some are basing it on appointments which they do not feel reflect this idea of an America for all. Some are basing it on tweets, he, in his own words, has sent out as the basis for their moral ire. So then someone gets on tv and says, we owe the president a chance? Based on what? If you already feel someone is morally and politically corrupt, what chances should be given them? You have just as much right not to give him a chance to, in your mind, further screw things up, as someone who is willing to say I forgive and forget all, and let's move on.

You Don't Owe The President Anything

Politicians are not our friends, they are not our buddies. They are supposed to be representations of the people's voice. Since the dawn of politics in this country, if a people felt that whomever was in power, was not for them, they had a right to fight against it, to protest, to push for what they believed in. To condemn these protestors or write them off, is to condemn one of the most basic rights we have in this country. We may have a new president in the White House, but if certain people don't believe in him, they should be able to exercise their most basic rights, because take those away, and what happens when the next person comes along and this time it is you who does not believe in what they are putting forth.

You Don't Owe The President Anything
29
4

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• AleDeEurope

You should give him a chance because you have no other choice. Whether you like it or not, he's YOUR president, so if people don't give him a chance, how can you expect him to make YOUR life better, like a good president should do?
    I was against Hillary Clinton, despite lots of people, including the media forcing me to ignore all the shit she has done in the past, shit that costed lives, that lead to wars. They were doing everything possible to make the people ignore all that and make her president... but it failed. But if it wouldn't have failed, we would have had to suck it up and gave her a chance, because there'd be no other option.
    Respect the outcome of the election, and work together to move forward. There's nothing else you can do. You can protest about make up shit like the women's march of today, and cry and whine, but that's won't change a thing. So work together, and move forward. You can't spend the next 4 years like this, because the only person that will lose is you.

Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Ah yes, the rally cry of those who have no understanding of their own history, or frankly, the history of this country and how you got to even be here today. If you do not agree with or believe in what someone is doing/saying, you shouldn't just shrug and say oh well, let me ride this out for however long and hope good things happen. You may not agree with the message of the protestors or anyone who isn't a Trump supporter, but you don't have to because you either believe in giving him a chance or fully support him which is your prerogative. However, if you stand to lose big, stand to have your rights challenged, depend on programs he is going to take away, it is that persons duty to fight for themselves and their rights and not sit idly by.

• Anonymous

To imply protesting... does nothing... is to ignore the basic foundations of what the political system we have today is built on. American's as we know today left an entire continent to go to another in protest... women's rights, civil rights, LGBT rights, and most recently Native American's protesting to protect their land... none of these people simply accepted their situations as fact, and many had long battles ahead and still do to gain rights. You can tell people they are wasting their time if the flip side is a benefit to you or again, you simply believe in Trump in this case, but for those that do not feel this way, wanting and fighting for change is warranted even if you fail to see the merit or benefit to it.

• Protesting something that can't be changed is stupid, because it can't be changed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rissyanne

Do you honestly think that Trump or Trump supporters care if you believe in him? I really dont care. Do what you want. It isn't going to change one damn thing.

Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Yes, protesting has never changed anything she says sarcastically. And you're a woman with a right to vote? Looked in any history books lately?

• Rissyanne

Yes I did... I voted for Trump.

• Rissyanne

I have a right to my opinion... just like you.

328
  • EnglishArtsteacher

I agree with most of what you said, EXCEPT I do think we owe him a chance. All politicians are corrupt, it just seems Donald Trump is a different type of corruption. He's more corrupt on an unprofessional standpoint, where as other presidents have been corrupt behind closed doors.

In all actuality, if he truly does a good job, he will have my support in 2020, although I doubt it, since he has no political experience.

• Botchie

We owe him a chance that in politics, you have to come off as cruel and mean (for whatever dumb reason) in order to get elected. Then once you're in, you can go back to being yourself. Obama made some harsh comments while campaigning in '08 and '12. And Clinton has said some pretty nasty stuff during this campaign and her previous run.

• Iraqveteran666

Yeah if anti-trump protesters could stop behaving like Nazi stormtroopers attacking democracy that would be great.

• ObscuredBeyond

I may not "owe" him much, but I'm feeling optimistic. Though, cautiously so. I have more faith in Mike Pence as VP, personally.

I've seen how election cycles have affected the culture, just by observing Facebook news feeds. I've seen once-rational individuals I've known for year slowly devolve into rabid wolves during the Obama era, on both sides of every issue.

• DiegoO

Trump is a populist, he fill many chicken brain people with his fairy tails, the only thing that limit his power is the institutional order of the US goverment. It´s amazing how naive some people can be, I doubt he´ll get to have the same influence as many Latin American dictators.

• RomansToPhilemon

You do realize Trump is the first president in your lifetime to actually do what he said he was going to do right? That sounds like people representation. Not crony capitalism and fascism. After we prove voter fraud, next on our agenda is delegitimizing the CIA controlled media. Then we will attack the New World Order and globalism head on. Get on the train or get run over. America has awoken!

• Words_and_Wisdom

Claims Trump will destroy America.
    Literally goes out to destroy America.

smh.

• They say Trump will cause America's destruction. But what they really mean is, "if Trump gets elected I will destroy America, because Trump got into office, he made me want to destroy things.

• Botchie

@Thisperson98 They don't realize the irony of the situation. You can't go out committing crimes, then complain about all the crime going on.

• PT1911

I didn't see violence and disorder break out when Obama won in 2008.

• Thrifty

Someone asked me if I was 'for Trump' last night. I replied, 'I am for the United States of America'.

I am owe gratitude, appreciation, and respect to the men and women and the history that my country has given me which transcends the role of any president.

• bloodmountain1990

People who say he won, get over it are really fucking stupid. Like the election is some super bowl.

When Obama got elected, did you guys just get over it?

• MarkRet

I don't like Trump. I think he acts like a child, but regardless, he's now our president, so we should step back, and let him do his job.

• Browneye57

The people have spoken - he is the clear winner. The rest of the population needs to stand down.

• juliaanita

No, we don't need to stand down. Neither will we stand down. For that which the orange despot has said and done in the past, he does not deserve either respect or a free pass.

And RE your comment that the people have spoken, I will remind you the other candidate received nearly 3,000,000 votes more than the orange demagogue. Of eligible voters in the United States, the orange diktator received only 27% of their number. To say that the people have spoken is not exactly true. The electoral college might have spoken, while the majority of people were gagged.

• @juliaanita yep the people have spoken and nazi stormtrooper tactics won't change that.

• Browneye57

@juliaanita Listen honey, we live in a republic, not a democracy. Google it for an explanation of the differences. Plus, the 3M votes are likely not legal voters anyway, so it's moot.
      You're supporting a failed cause - whatever the hell it is - most cannot even articulate what they are protesting nor what they stand for - just some 'feel good' BS.
      Stand down and watch what happens here - maybe you'll be surprised. Right now you're delusional.
      You're just... well... wrong.

• Thisperson98

You might not respect the man, but you should respect the office. Just like I did when I marched for Obama in his parade.

• AriadneSky

@ To condemn these protestors or write them off, is to condemn one of the most basic rights we have in this country

Yes precisely. This is the very crucial part that gets overlooked. To condemn another persons right is to condemn your own. Funny too bc people generally getting upset about protesting are saying protesters are communists or communist sympathizers communism to them being synonymous with fascism; no freedom of conscience or expression. under fascism you can not protest. make up your mind.

• John_Doesnt

I pay taxes for that a*hole who doesn't pay his own taxes.

• 90% of people in Congress don't pay their own taxes. Moot point.

• @Words_and_Wisdom that is completely wrong. Almost every president and presidential candidate has released their tax returns as a show of good faith. Trump has not.

• Botchie

@John_Doesnt You're missing the point that @Words_and_Wisdom is making. Take a breath and re-read what he put. Paying taxes and releasing tax returns are 2 different things.

• Dred1614returns

You don't have to agree with him. Hell, you don't have to like him. You have to respect the office of the Presidency, regardless of who holds it. I did for The last 8 years.

• Mrwoo99

I honestly can't wait for trump to bring back patriarchy.

• echoaj

Maybe there is a reason why people are protesting in major cities all over the world.
    www.nytimes.com/.../womens-march-pictures.html
    This never happened to Bush or Obama or Clinton or Regan etc...
    Trump said some fucked up things during the campaign trail and he is paying the price. He needs to listen to the people and be a president for all of us.
    Good mytake

• Maxemeister

My biggest issue is that Hillary got the popular vote.

• Actually, Clinton began losing votes at a record rate when votes were recounted in several states. They stopped the voter recount when they realized how badly Clinton actually lost.

• @Words_and_Wisdom Nope, this isn't true. She won the popular vote no matter what. Even if she lost votes in a recount, the three million vote deficit wouldn't be closed.

• @EnglishArtsteacher She lost tens of thousands in only 3 states who recounted. Not to mention the blatant election fraud that went on in California. If all the states recounted their votes, Clinton would have lost by millions.

You can even see it by who attended her rallies, especially as opposed to Bernie Sanders, and as opposed to Trump.

• Other_Tommy_Wiseau

People need to fucking stop and get on with their lives. First, I'm not a trump supporter and think most of his unapologetic, annoying ass minion-like supporters are annoying as shit. With that said, he's our president and whether or not you, i or anyone agree with it, protests aren't going to change shit. Instead of bitching and moaning like a 3 year old and actin a fool and being hypocrites, just deal with it and make the best out of it and move on with yalls life. I honestly can't tell what's worse. The gloating or the bitching... it's the bitching, actually

• Botchie

Exactly. If people don't like it, do what Obama said. Come up with an ACTION plan and do it. Such as calling and writing your elected officials. And I shouldn't have to say this, but throwing in degrading comments just because you disagree on a point doesn't help your case at all. It's immature and only makes people not want to listen to the rest of what you have to say.

• @Botchie well, I like degrading people who do it to themselves. The trump supporters act like 5 year old spoiled winners, the people rioting and shit act like whiny baby sore losers, why should I treat them with dignity and respect when they don't have an ounce of either? I don't care whether or not people listen. I just tell it like it is. People can like it or kick rocks as far as I'm concerned cause it doesn't change the message I'm getting across

• Trestolone

well, you still have to pay taxes, so in a way, you do.

• Unorthodox91

to believe that the man's going to fuck up is not the same as hoping he will.

• Love_Is_Eternal

I hope the liberals and feminists keep on crying for the next 4 years. Screwt hem.

• lumberman9

This exactly good that someone actually gets it

• The_flying_Frenchman

Thank you

• Anonymous

I don't owe Trump the sweat off of my balls.

• Anonymous

You should LOVE him: he makes America GREAT AGAIN.
    That's something you should be grateful for.

• Anonymous

I totally agree with this. I'm not against trump because he's republican. It's so much more than just democrat vs. republican yet that's what everyone has turned it into. I'm against him because he represents hate and rasicim and disrespect. So call me a hyprocrite if you want but I don't stand for things like that.

• Anonymous

It's funny how these people are telling us to "get over it", but all the alt righters and white nationalists would be acting like a bunch of butthurt children if Hillary won the election, so stop acting like you guys are innocent when you are just as guilty.

• We all know that wouldn't have happened, but keep crying, they say tears are good for the skin (not really).

• Anonymous

@AleDeEurope yeah, it would have have. And I notice you are against the women's march, when they are protesting against the new president peacefully, but somehow it's a problem because "hurr durr, LIBTARDS!"

They aren't rioting and beating people up like you claim all liberals do so keep on living in that false reality sweetheart.

• I never claimed the women's march were rioting lol and yeah, I'm against it because there's no reason for it. They say they're marching for women's rights... but why, if they already have the same rights as men?
      I'm also against it because the organizer of the event is pro-Sharia Law, which is kind of the opposite of what they're apparently marching for lol

• Anonymous

you guys are pathetic and a bunch of hypocrites. you talk about democracy yet are violent to others with opposing opinions. you start riots, set things on fire and even hurt people. I have seen countless videos of trump supporters getting attacked, having their property damaged, and cars blocked on the road because you want to cry and moan about how oppressed you are all day long. What other handouts do you want? The truth is, we dont owe YOU ANY respect, in fact, I respect trump more than I respect people like you. You and the rest supporting this movement are a bunch of scum, and a disgrace to humans as a whole! I, and the rest of the decent people will give you respect once you act like a decent human being and not an impulsive child who cries for the dumbest things.

• But Hillary won the popular vote yet lost the election? How's that democracy?

• Mar727

Oh ok so you support rascism and hate in this country and as much as you deny it that's exactly what trumps about. So don't tell democrats to stop hating when that's exactly what your doing literally you just said they're hypocritical but ironically that's exactly what your doing.

• Anonymous

@Maxemeister I KNOW SHE WON THE POPULAR VOTE BY CHEATING. NO ONE besides bernie sanders played fair ball in this election. america never claimed to be a ''democracy'' by the way, it is clearly a Representative democracy with republic tendencies.

• Anonymous

I am a liberal who voted for Clinton and this take is a huge load of bullshit. We lost the election. Get the fuck over it and stop acting like a bunch of butt hurt teenagers.

• Anonymous

All this protesting is so worthless. You can't change what the president has done, is doing, or will do. Plus, he got majority of the votes to become president. But it seems like majority of the world is against him. What happened to the majority that voted FOR him?

• Actually trump lost the majority vote by 3 million..

• Anonymous

This guy lost the popular vote so I'm not sure what you're talking about.