7 Things in Society That Make Little Sense From an Outsiders Perspective

To start it off I am pretty much a shut-in. Though no I don't look like a living meme or anything and I do go out on occasion, I would just rather spend time in my study reading and learning.

Here is a list of things that do not make any sense from a logical perspective but that people do anyway.

1. Ok, I get Humans are herd animals. You like being around a bunch of people for no real reason. But why is it I can walk down an aisle with no one there and within a few minutes everyone migrates to that isle? Even if it has nothing of major worth on it like one of those back aisle clearance sections in the dead zone of a Target. And this happens all the time, it's like NPC'S loading in out of nowhere. I know they are not buying anything as a few minutes later they just walk away not having grabbed anything. It's like what in the fuck is wrong with people?

2. Why when backing out from a parking space and this is after waiting a minute for them to go and the moment you back out they gun it to get past you? It's like I gave you 3 fucking minutes to go yet they always wait until they see the rear lights. and again this happens constantly it's like its a game to them.

3. Why do old people feel the need to walk up and bitch at the cashier about something and when you give them an answer they ask to see your manager who says the same thing? Do they think anyone actually gives a shit and that the manager has some magic alternative than what the cashier said?

(This video is not exactly that but still hilarious)

4. Immediately touching a plate after the server warns you it's hot.

Christ, they said it was hot for a reason do you think you're the damned mother of dragons and fire proof or that it will magically be frozen the moment you touch it?

5. When speaking of the countries issues they always say "oh it's the government" or it's the "governments fault" bitch you are the government they are not born into power. Your dumb ass elects them. Other than the president who more so is elected by the electoral college the senators are 100% yours to elect. Last I checked this was a Republic and these cunts down here are all picked by you.

6. Put any faith in the educational system. No, seriously you know those 200 dollar text books you just bought? What if I told you everything said in there is sourced from wikis and public knowledge that is 100% free and accessible on your phone? That they pay liberal arts graduates small sums of money to find them not even source them and put them in a shiny book with some dicks name on it. And then since academics don't change much year to year, re-organize the info and sell it back to you at the same price to make last year's textbooks worthless.

7. Actually give a fuck what celebrities are doing. Seriously who cares who slept with who or who said what. I don't understand at all why anyone gives a shit. I don't care who wore what or who does what as far as I am concerned 90% of them are dogshit and the one's who are good I dont give a fuck about as people. There is far more productive things to do. Hell far better less productive things to do then watch these bastards go through life.

1426

Most Helpful Girl

• Completely agree. I must say that I am guilty of touching a hot plate. It's completely stupid and I still do it every single time. Nice username.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 13

• 1. I prefer not to be in crowds. I go to the store and do my errands early, before the crowds get out. I just don't like being surrounded by big groups of people. Never have.

2. This is rather frustrating. Everything about driving is, actually. In this situation, I think a lot it has to do with you're waiting for them to go by and they are waiting for you to back up. No one does anything and you both get tired of waiting and end up moving at the same time.

3. Oh god. Don't get me started on this. Just because you are elderly and have "lived this long" does not give you the right to be rude to everyone else.

4. Haha. No idea. People tend to do the opposite of what they are told.

5. Ugh. Government. Would be better if they actually, y'know, followed the rules.

6. YES YES YES! I can't stand the education system in my country. Less tests, more teaching -- academics, life skills, responsibility, etc.

7. Who cares about celebrities? They think they rule the world and they set bad examples. For people who are in the spot light, they should be better role models. (This, of course, doesn't apply to all of them).

• Interesting points that you have made

• I can relate to a lot of this, but at the same time I feel like I don't fit in anywhere. Inside society or outside ;v; I would like to have just a few close friends and people that care about me but that's it. not this 'im so popular and interesting crap'

• Basically- you're not mainstream. Like most people either are or at least pretend to be. I'm like this too. Basically, you're a real and genuine person who doesn't need a bunch of attention and doesn't care for it. All you need in life is a few close friends and you've figured that out like I have. So don't worry about "not fitting in" with most of the world... Because honestly.. That's just not a route that you'll enjoy taking. It's best to be true to yourself :)

• @ebbyeb loool that's hilarious. I dress and look 'uniquely' as well so i don't care if I get called hipster. and you shouldn't either, it's basically another word for interesting at this point haha.

• @cutelilPigeon haha Ikr? I really like that nickname actually lmaoo. And OMG that's actually so true! Well ey.. We're both interesting people then 😎 Also follow me back so I can pm ya fam!

• It's like that everywhere.
    I thought you were American though.

• i am sadly. i just dont go around people much

• Okay. Sorry to hear that.

• @TheOtakuMaid yeahh the U. S. In specific is shit but most of the world is also tbh.. But the U. S. Is pretty bad ngl

• i agree with most of what you said

• For real. Especially on the driving subject. I can get so pissed sometimes.

• Can relate they should put more effort in education for the younger kids coming through

• you seem lik eyou might be a bit off

• Typical 17 y/o thoughts

• Everything doesn't make sense from an outsiders perspective... by definition

• good

• Hmm interesting point s

• Lol yes to some of them.

What Guys Said 25

• You know, not all of us old folks go around bitching out people just to stay in practice! :)

• 1. I think you're being paranoid.
    2. I legally have the right of way. The bitch can wait her turn to pull out. Phrasing.
    3. I don't really know. I think it may be because they think people bullshit them, so they ask for higher authority to confirm something to them.
    4. Curiosity. Would have really impeded our progress otherwise. Touching hot plates after being told so is the primitive form of our journey to inventing rockets that can reach the moon.
    5. If you're talking about America, no we are not the government. We vote for members of Congress to make laws for us. Most people don't participate in local elections (which affect us more than the presidential elections. Like, when did you last have to worry about foreign policy, really?). America isn't exactly much of a democracy anymore. Big business is the government.
    6. Step 1: Look online for a pdf version of the textbook for free. Step 2: Purchase the pdf version if it isn't for free at a fraction of the physical copy version. Step 3: If still too pricey, find a friend split the price, then share it with them.
    7. We live very posh lives thanks to modern comforts, so following the drama of other people's lives helps fill the gaps of boredom. That is why Bravo is still going. Half their shows are about women going to fancy places to call each other bitches.

• You sound like a wannabe edgy kid trying to differentiate himself from whom i bet you call sheep or some silly word you use to make yourself feel better than everyone else. You're part of society so i don't know why you're giving yourself some "Outsider perspective" you don't actually have. Most of your points are bullshit and have pretty reasonable explanations for them. You just sound confident about it so people think its a good point.

1. If this wasn't here I'd probably not even write this response, but this has to be the most self centered thing I've read in my whole life. Ok you phrase it in a way that may not be self centered, but suggesting that people go into isle simply to be next to another person in a close environment? There isn't anything going on here other than people doing their shopping and you picking up on patterns that aren't there.

2. Honestly sounds like its you thats the problem there. If they "gun it" past its probably because you were doing something annoying. Backing out a space isn't very difficult. Look behind you both ways do it slowly and stop for oncoming cars. They have the right away. Never once had i had some stall between me and another car that lasted a whole minute!

3. Isn't just old people. Usually it's people who don't care what others think about them. 9 times out ten if someone asks for a manager they just think they can get something out of them. Old people probably also consider the fact that the employee in front of them may be new while a manager is bound to know any information you need. Working at a restaurant there was always information a manager knew that an employee didn't.

4. Curiousity, simple as that. Human nature is to do the exact opposite thing someone tells us to do. something that can't be helped...

5. Okay the people are the government, but what if the people elected by the people lied to the people? Trump says he's going to build a wall. Trump will never build that wall. In that case we can blame the people for being that gullible but i digress. Either way, the government's agenda does not line up with the peoples no matter who is elected.

6. Probably your only valid point, but you just took it from a youtube video so I don't know how impressed i am...

7. Interesting people are interesting people. I don't follow them much either, but i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't click something that said "Ariana grande licks donut and says "fuck america" on video!" See peoples true colors is interesting.

• 1. and yet they do without even grabbing anything they simply go onto a random isle and pile up when most of them never actually grab anything.

2. no i have recorded it they will purposefully wait untill they see you backing out to go even when you give them ample opportunity,

3. granted should not of just said old people i just find them doing it more

4. granted but its still stupid

5. then the people should kick out and stop electing those they elect. they always re elect them even if they fuck the people over greatly its called party politcs and what our first president stood against.

6. the youtube video did it better, however, having family that has worked in the educational system is pretty damn accurate

7. Kim Kardashian's ass is the only thing running for her. most of them are hardly interesting

lastly no it's hardly confidence many others have dealt or noticed the same bullshit just because you can't see does not mean its not there, i agrue with many many people and s

• No i wouldn't argue gravity, but did i argue your point? Slow down there, getting ahead of yourself. Pace yourself and actually read what i write. I said 6 was your only valid point like 3 times now. All i said was, unlike the rest of your list, 6's little rant sounded like it came from someone else mouth which made your only valid point in this post less interesting. The only thing in this list that i found somewhat interesting to read was from someone else's findings not yours. Unlike your little theory on people coming into isle with you.

• not just me they probably do it to a lot of people. the isle thing.

• @1 I'm more miffed about the humans that SEE you trying to get by but act genuinely disgusted that you want to get by them. I. e. women just parking their carts in the cereal aisle and catching up on old times while I'm a dude, with a shopping list and shit to do... static.neatorama.com/.../gap-man-woman.jpg

• 1. They figure if there's something there worthy of your attention, they might like it too.

2. Why aren't you backing into spaces in the first place? Unless you're loading seriously big cargo into your trunk, there's no good reason not to, it solves this 'problem' of yours.

3. They figure they'll get something out of it to make them go away, and that is in the manager's power to give (but not the humble cashier)

4. This is a common thing - it's something you're able to quantify for yourself. "Tell a person there's more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the beaches of the world, and they'll believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they'll touch it to make sure'.

5. If you look at the layers of government and various factors that affect it, you'd understand the frustration. You have but one vote among thousands if not millions. You can elect someone who then reneges on all their promises and there is little you can do about it but wait for the next election.

6. Citation needed. Non wiki. Non conspiracy.

7. It's escapism, and occupies their time. Some might say writing rants about society and what other people do is hard to understand and a waste of time.

• 6 they dont just pull from the wiki but a lot of them do pull from some wiki's they dont source their sources after all

• I recommend taking a look at this link:
    http://www.ohio.edu/people/thompsoc/Body.html

This is basically what you are talking about. It is based on a culture from the fifties as observed by outsiders. With the right or wrong spin on everything, you can make anything seem strange. It is super interesting to read and think about.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    For those of you who can't figure it out, it is the culture of America in the 50s/60s era. But manipulated to sound weird.

• 1. It has nothing to do with you at all.

2. Because they don't want to get in a wreck and be sued when you decide to magically pull out when they're coming in like in how most accidents happen.

3. Well usually a manager will have a better idea about something then the cashier will and if the manage doesn't know they can call up someone who does.

4. It's kind of human nature to do the opposite of what your told to do.

5. If you had any clue about how government works then you'd know normally it is, yes the people normally elect the politicians into office but politics in itself is a game of deceiving and lying to get what you want. Kind of like how politicians lie to people to get elected then do whatever the fuck they want.

6. Because the books usually contain knowledge and history that's been around for normally anywhere from hundreds of years to decades.

Also just because something is on the internet doesn't mean it's factually correct. n fact usually it's the opposite.

7. Nobody except a small minority actually give a shit what celebrities do, aside from the most classic actors I don't' know even know 99% of the celebrities in the world much less the country now a days.

Also almost nothing the vast majority of the time makes sense to an outsider's perspective that's what it's called outsider's perspective because they're not part of the society, culture or whatever.

Most of your complaints are at best not really even issues, just your personal pet peeves that you yourself dislike.

• 6, no if such was the case they would not sell it for 200 bucks when it's freely sourced knowledge it's an obvious Ponzi scheme and you know it I know it and they know it.

2. no they are just pricks i am sure of it you can try to apply logic but it fails on them

5. and people are stupid enough to keep letting it occur.

7. entire industries based on it so a lot of people do otherwise they would not make much.

if society applied logic to its actions it could make sense from any perspective if you have logic the issue is we don't.

lastly yes they are personal dislike but many do share it. for 4 5 and 6 are objective issues with society we should be solving

• 1. I hate being around people and never do that.
    2. I totally get that. People in parking lots are assholes.
    3. I feel like old people do that because they've earned the right to be rude and slow. Once you get to that age you've gained the right to be annoying and get away with it.
    4. Yeah, I think that's stupid too. People always get injured because of their own stupidity.
    5. Totally wrong. Trump & George W. Bush both lost the majority vote, so it is not the people's fault for what's going on. Government is to blame, not the people.
    6. There's problems with the education system, but it's the best system there is for now. Nothing is perfect and we have to accept that. Put your trust in the best thing available.
    7. I don't give a fuck about celebrities either. Unless they're getting naked on camera.

• 5. yet you elect who votes for who. we are a republic people forget we do not vote in the leader but we vote in the people who decide who is leader so it's still by far the people's fault. and if i recall after the recount they found trump actually got the popular vote as well.

• seeing as how you will be of no use for discussion as you have almost no knowledge on any of this I feel this conversation has reached its climax of usefulness. good day

• You're STILL talking? I've already posted 3 times to just go away and drop the subject.

• Lol I'll add in a general lack of common sense all around. People are either to focused on one thing or not focused enough. With engineers working so hard on a big project I can see that but not the general population.

• 6 and 7 definitly I did a physics degree bought one text book and found it was harder to learn from than google and wiki.
    You have to manually search a text book and its not as up to date.
    for 7 I never got pro sports and I don't like hearing about how much better pepole are than me though I do follow what musk is doing with his company's.

Never really noticed 1 and 2 but i've seen some appalling drivers
    5 a lot of their funding comes from big business in the US and campaigns cost way more so its not perfectly people driven but you could all be more involved in local politics though realistically its individualism over collective good that reduces people's participation.

• Tell people there's an invisible man in the skies and they believe it.
    Tell them the paint is wet and they'll touch it to verify.

• Guess i'm confused. An outsiders perspective of society as a whole. So you're not a part of society? Do you live on a mountain top as you look down on it all? lol

• I’m starting to read: yeah, this should be interesting.
    Continue reading: OK? You got my attention. :-)
    Finished: Fuck yes! Some problems are not in my country, but…yeah, I heard of them, and I was like „how it is even possible?“ 7: deffinetely. I super strongly agree. 5: Exactly.
    I mean…this is awesome. In point 1, the NPC reference…awesome. :-) Just…awesome.

• Why do you care though? aren't you Japanese? I don't care if you say you are American. The fact that your name is "Otaku" says "fuck you USA, I am Japanese." Otaku are only Japanese and heck otaku does not like to be called otaku because it's an offensive word. Your problems are not occurring in the States only but it's a worldwide thing. So stop bashing our country, yes it's not perfect but let's face it, we are not the center of the world.

• a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills. or Otaku

still White though I hold no favor for America, I find this country's people stupid beyond belief. well, I find most people stupid but it seems the coagulation of them is here. yet I am technically still American so I can bash this shit hole.

• and yes most those who are Japanese find the word Otaku to be offensive. however, i am not Japanese and pretty much fit the definition. I find the word better than "Weaboo"

• But that's what you are, a weeaboo... an otaku is related to manga/anime specifically when it comes to cute girls with moe voices. They collect merchandise from anime female characters, robots etc etc and they are huge fans of female pop idols and buy bunch of their albums to support the idols. Oh and of course they are also gamers. You may them nerds/geeks but they are slightly different.

• Some pretty good points, the first 2 happen quite often to me

• I hate the thought of other guys, celebs or civilians, having girlfriends and being happy when I'm all alone and misseriable, I can't afford a girlfriend, why should anybody else be slowed to have one? It's just not fair, how dare they go on TV flaunting their success when they must know there are poor lonely failures like me watching. Ban all happy rich sucesful people who are getting laid regularly from TV!

• Thank you

• Thank you

• Well, damn. You got a lot on your mind, don't you?

• Entertaining.

• More from Guys
    5