So What About The Trans Folks

@roaring20sman recently asked a question about gender identity and the same day I had seen quite a few questions about transgender people so I figured I'd write this myTake to cover most of the frequently asked questions I've seen about this topic.

What Is Gender?

Gender is the social and cultural norms associated with a particular sex. Humans are a sexually dimorphic species and as such we have certain biological differences (what we refer to as sex differences) but as social creatures we also have societal influences (what we refer to as gender differences). One common example I use is that of a dress. In America where I live it is highly strange for a man to wear a dress, but in different cultures and times it wasn't that odd. The Scottish Kilt and Japanese Kimono being two good examples. Another that comes to mind is that the high heel was originally made for men (for horse riding as well as height), but now it's socially strange for men to wear them.

What is a transgender person?

A transgender person is a person who, for whatever reasons, identifies or wishes to associate with the gendered norms opposite their sex. A male wanting to wear a dress, makeup, and things of that nature may desire to be perceived as a woman; whereas a woman may desire to associate with the stereotypically masculine norms.

What about the plethora of gender identities?

This is where it starts to get weird and this is a relatively new phenomena. Every person has a mix of masculine and feminine traits. As such some people use this information to declare that their are as many genders as there are people. This is silly as the two genders are simply impersonal categories. Every person already has their own proper noun (their name) and making an infinite number of personal pronouns (zhe/ zher, ze, hi/ hir etc) is clunky and ineffective. I once heard a trans activist saying that we should just put someone's preferred personal pronoun next to their name in our contact list on the phone. Bollocks.

Why may someone associate as a gender other than their sex?

There's a few possible reasons for this. The socialization theory is perhaps the greatest cause to the seeming rise of transgender identities where more and more people want to associate as a different gender because they were raised a certain way, or for social acclaim. We know, however, that trans people have always existed in different societies. We know some ancient Romans were, the native American Two-Spirit people were, the Insangoma of the Zulu, and the Asian Hijras for some examples. Thus it seems highly likely that there's at least some biological component. This hypothesis seems to be validated with some of the psychological research particularly with male to female trans persons. The research seems to demonstrate a rank order birthing effect on the instances of trans identity along with homosexuality. With each successive male birth a woman produces stronger antibodies against a male Y chromosomal protein. This means that her body will fight against that protein, the child will not receive it, and thus grow up with more effeminate qualities which subsequently increases the odds that he'll be gay or trans.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-010-9614-3

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-014-0425-9

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-011-9777-6

So What About The Trans Folks

I think that went alright. Let me know if you've got any questions.

928
ladsin is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• You are confusing gender with gender roles, it's not the same. Gender is synonymous with sex, this is why it's called genitals, why we say "a condition that affects people of both genders" and "someone of the opposite gender".
    The social and cultural norms associated with particular sex is called gender roles.

A transgender person, it a person undergoing sex-transformation. A person who identifies her/him-self with the opposite sex is defined as gender dysphoria - a clinical expression and a scientific non-political fact.

The infinite number of pronouns is political and not a fact.

• Well let's start here... Did you read myTake? Because most people seem to see me define my terms and then stop reading after that.
      I'll also copy-paste my response that I gave to multiple people making similar responses regarding the terminology. "I think you're really missing my entire argument, so I'll try to be clearer.
      I have never and would never say that the differences between the sexes are purely cultural as that's the most asinine thing that someone could say. What I'm doing is using two words to refer to two types of differences. Sex differences being biologically based, and gendered differences which are dependent on culture."

• 5d

The Austrian government and the ECHR said that Mohammed was not a paedophile because he didn't solely sleep with kids (he also had adult wives), and because at the time people used to marry and sleep with young girls. I think it's a silly argument, but they say it's not legally allowed. It's a criminal offense in Austria, and the ECHR says that it's not protected. The UK similarly said that it's "islamophobic" and that "islamophobia" is racism, and therefor can be a violation of their hate speech laws.

• 4d

Scientifically paedophile is not about, only getting turned on by underage let's say girls, it more about to do get turned on by prepubescent girls sometimes. Postpubescent girls let's say age 15 or 16 is not paedophilia, even when still legally so.

It is true many did at the time get married to children, I remember a Danish king married a 12 yo girls (was supposed to marry her mother but chose her child instead), who's love letters to the then dead husband still exists. I am not saying, it can't be a happy marriage or it wasn't common for high born or that Muhammed was the only one, but by our standards, he was a paedophile.

So saying otherwise is political, more than factual.

• Transgenders are one of the demographic groups with the highest suicide rates. Those rates remain the same even after "transition".

To me there seems only one valid conclusion: It is a serious mental illness that requires actual treatment rather than enabling their insanity as normality.

• You have no proof. It's just what you want to believe.

• Believing you are supposed to be the opposite gender isn't much difference than some nutcases believing they are Jesus and whatnot.

That beliefsystem in itself can cross the line to hallucination. That's why I said "POTENTIALLY"

• Mm well alrighty then. Seems like we simply can’t have a productive conversation on this topic. Have a good day 👍

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand transgenderism in people who were born hermaphrodites. Or deal with serious hormonal imbalances due to other medical conditions. Everything else is either a cry for attention or mental illness.

Join the discussion

826
  • Hmm... I dunno. Transgenderism just doesn't make sense. Even that definition of gender renders the world worthless in language, because cultures have different roles for males and females, you can't say something like "men are men because they can't wear dresses." ... Right? Otherwise a transgender person would have to say "I identify as the gender of a Japanese man, because I am masculine yet wear dresses."

And even then, there's normal dudes who have long hair, wear makeup, and they're just punk.
    There's women too who wear short hair and masculine clothes, yet they don't perceive themselves as men.

So I think that makes it clear you can't define your gender based on how you present yourself.

And if then gender is based on how you choose to identify, then that's completely useless too, and doesn't actually mean anything. It's like choosing to identify as a doctor. I can't actually do any medical work, but I can get people to call me Dr. Celtero, which is nice.

So all this transgenderism stuff does is muddle up our language. You cannot convey any useful information with that definition of gender. Gender should always be synonymous with sex, because when it comes to man vs woman, the only thing we need to know is what kind of junk you have, and that tells as much more about yourself based on the cultural context than how you choose to identify.

And unless we fight back against transgenderism, we're just gonna have more instances of females getting beaten by males in competitive sports, more laws and restrictions against our language, and more people outraged because people classify them as a victim group.

So What About The Trans Folks

Also, the reason why men shouldn't wear dresses... is because they look like shit on men! Identifying as a woman won't change that.

• I did find that “ma’am!“ meme and video rather funny, but I think you’re slightly confused on some things. Defining gender as the cultural norms associated with a particular sex doesn’t make it superfluous, on the contrary since it clarifies exactly what we’re talking about it makes the term more specific and I think it’s therefor better.

Yes, a trans person in Africa where there are different cultural norms will look and act in somewhat different ways than say in the US where we have different norms.
      (I hope this link works)
      https://goo.gl/images/xqwZpb
      Let’s take this person as an example. Do they look like a man or a woman to you and why? If your answer is that they look like a man despite being a biological female then you have to agree that certain norms about males and females have affected your perception of males and females beyond the biological. That’s what I, and others, are calling gender.

As for the question about whether or not MtF trans persons should be allowed to compete against biological females... I don’t see that as being a fundamental issue, we know and can demonstrate that biological males have a competitive advantage over females and whether or not they can be allowed to compete I think depends on the person in question. If a woman wants to fight against a trans woman then that’s their prerogative. If they don’t, I don’t think they should be forced. Same goes for weightlifting competitions. The idea that you can be on female hormones for a few months and then compete against women who’ve been under those hormones for their whole life is ludicrous.

• Oh, well perhaps my statement was slightly slapdash. Yes, they wish to conduct themselves in accordance with the opposite sex's norms, and they wish to be perceived that way. I disagree with them taking any legal action to force this as it makes the issue unnecessarily political. You a lady who tells me your name is Jim? Ok, whatever you're Jim. You ask me to refer to you as he? Sure why not, I'll try. Now if somebody intends to legally enforce that we have a far bigger problem as we admittedly do, but I didn't reference any of that stuff here. This Take was just meant to be informative about the issue and I wasn't recommending any policy proposals or making any moral judgments about it although it seems that that's how most took it.

"And we'll never think you're a dude because you cut your hair short and wear a baseball cap." I thought we already agreed on the military Trans person that I showed above? Looks like a dude to me and I'd call 'em a dude.

The bathroom issue is a weird one. I understand the... qualms that many people have with allowing bio males into women's bathrooms, but I actually don't even think you are legally required to go to the bathroom of your sex. I think a restaurant may throw you out or something, but I don't think there are legal ramifications. I know NC passed a bill requiring it, but that was one of the only states that did. My main concern here is over practicality. How are we to determine whether or not someone should go to the boy or ladies room? Is it based on their manner of dress? You may remember I showed that video of the dike-y lesbian getting kicked out of a McDonalds bathroom because they thought she was trans. Do you have officer's stationed at every public restroom to check genitals or ID? We're not legally required to carry ID in the US, but you'd make it de facto required if that was the case and I'd have big concerns with that.

• 6d

Well, the easy solution to the bathroom issue is to have a single lockable bathroom with one toilet and one sink in addition to the gendered ones... It just peeves me that they get their own private bathroom which takes up space and public resources that nobody else can use. While we're at it, can I have my own private bathroom too? I've got a shy bladder, which should obviously count as a disability.

I've no problem associating someone like Logan as a man, because they actually resemble one... as far as I know, (maybe in person Logan has a high voice and feminine mannerisms.) The problem is most transgenders are so damn lazy about it. The reason why I've used language like "put on a dress" or "wear their hair short" is because that's the amount of effort usually put into being the opposite gender.

And that's the issue I have with transgenderism... is being able to change your gender at a whim. If gender is a social construct, then other people determine your gender by how they perceive you. You can influence how they perceive you by changing behavior and appearance, but ultimately your gender depends on other people. You can't just go "Alakazam, now I'm a man!" It's just nonsensical. Like... race is basically a social construct too by these standards, and I can't just paint my skin black, start sagging my pants and listening to rap and demand people identify me as a black person.

So that's my reasoning for not recognizing transgenderism as a valid theory.

Transexuals make sense as a thing, but transgenders? meh. You're just a crossdresser at that point.

• Gender is not a social construct. That idea is laughable.

• Did you bother to read it?

• @Jager66 I guess so. Either you were incompetent at explaining your point, I was incapable of understanding it, or these two points aren’t mutually exclusive.

• What is a transgender person? A mentally unstable person.

• Mentally ill would be more correct. It's a major issue that needs to be dealt with. Instead of supporting their illusions, we should help them. By current logic if a child were to claim that they were a dinosaur, instead of telling the child no they aren't a dinosaur and explaining why they aren't one you're supposed to agree with the child and anyone that doesn't is being inconsiderate.

• @ImFromReddit I’m lost 😂
      I guess were just talking past each other. Have a good day 👍

• Alright, great way to avoid my questions.

• I agree with this. I don't get why people make transgenderism to be this big scary thing. It really isn't.

• Because instead of dealing with it as a mental illness, which by the criteria of general classifications for a mental illness is one, we take it as if it is normal and that gender is a variable.

Almost all transgender people suffer from depression and have the highest recorded suicide rate of any recorded group.

We're supporting a mental illness instead of finding a solution to it. We are modifying the terms man and woman, which in the end is not benificial to transgender people even if it may seem so.

• @Tilin29 This is in addition to things like bullying. Forcing yourself to hide or suppress something of yourself isn't good for your mental health. They face gender-based, discrimination, bullying, violence, being rejected by the family, friends. I know transgender people that have been completely rejected by their family and feel awful about it.
      Men have higher suicide rates due to the societal expectation of them to suppress their emotion and appear stoic. The whole "Men don't cry" and "Man up". Men find it much harder than women to express their emotion.

• Partially correct. Men's suicide rates are higher because we're more prone to clinical depression etc.

Clinical depression is worse than depression. Clinical depression is what makes majority of people suicide. It makes you unhappy even if there's no real reason behind it.

• Exactly, so what about them? Why is the media shoving them in your face at every turn?

• Well I agree that it's being abused by the media and society as a whole as I pointed out twice about the socialization issues.

• Transgender people usually understand that even though they identify themselves as the opposite, physically they're men/women.

But people who're wrapped in gender studies classes usually yammer more about it.

• 6d

My dog is also is transgender. She felt like she was a boy and decided that she wants to be a girl. Lmao

• 6d

I'm not exactly sure if you think that's funny, or if you think that it's such a ludicrous notion that a male dog would exhibit female dog stereotypical behavior. If the former, eh, our sense of humor isn't that similar. If the latter I find it a rather silly notion as sex differences in behavior is very nominal among dog populations. Males may be slightly more emotionally stable when compared to females, but the research on the subject is relatively lacking. We do know that several other species will have individuals with characteristics similar to our transgenders. Certain species of snakes, lizards, beetles, fish, and birds, all have some portion of the male population that imitates the behaviors and appearance of the females of their species. It's actually quite well documented if you'd like I can link to some research.

• 3d

It’s not like theirs a million and one genders. The lgbt+ stick with dude, lady, and non-binary (or gender fluid, whatever you choose to call it). It’s not some difficult concept to grasp. Transgender people either identify as a dude or a lady. This isn’t rocket science. I understand when people get confused about sexual identity because there’s terms like demi sexual and all that stuff. But gender identity is very simple.

Anyways, I enjoyed your take. I’m so glad someone talked about transgenderism without the hateful/ignorant context.

• 3d

I’d agree with you, but there’s been a marked rise of other gender identities hence the whole 20+ new pronouns being suggested or requested by various persons. That’s why I say some rising portion of it is sociological.

• 7d

The government put gay liquids in the water system making people gay

• 7d

I thought it was only the frogs?

• 4d

Yeah that's why they're "mandatory"

• 3d

Oh! Just like the fluoride. Dirty bastards.

• I refuse to enable delusion. There are two genders/sexes and those have always been considered synonymous until recently. If somebody is schizophrenic and believes that there are ghosts talking to him, are we going to tell him those ghosts are real and his friends and act like nothing is going on when he establishes relationships with these 'ghosts'? No, we're going to give him lithium, so he can live a somewhat normal life. You can believe whatever you want to, but the actuality of the situation is not that you can choose your sex/gender. People who are trans are suffering from a mental disorder classified as gender dysphoria by the DSM-5. Suicide rates are very high within these individuals and post surgery, they are even more prone to suicide. I rather give them the actual help they need rather than enabling their delusion and having the mutilate their genitalia.

• Well you got a bit wrong there, but let's talk about it. First I'll just copy-paste what I wrote to some other similar statements and we can go from there.
      Well, there's a few things I guess that should be addressed here. I'll start with copy-pasting what I wrote to a few others on this issue. "I don't think it's a mental illness per the DSM-V. I think their rationale is rather sound on this question. The association with a different sexes cultural norms isn't itself sufficient to be classified as a mental illness although significant depression and anxiety that may stem from this would be a mental illness (gender dysphoria). The analogy I always try to give to explain this is as follows: Being an amputee can frequently cause depression and lead to severe anxiety (not knowing how to navigate life without your limbs). Being an amputee isn't a mental illness, rather it's the depression and anxiety that are. Does that help clarify?
      Schizophrenics and schizotypals aren't locked up in facilities because they have delusions, they are if there's sufficient cause to believe they'd be a threat to themselves or others. One of my closest friends, also my roommate, is schizotypal and has never been to a facility. When I worked at a psychiatric facility the only schizophrenics we had were there as a result of threatening to harm someone else (ie my other friend who was trying to sacrifice his girlfriend to god) or themselves (ie a woman who had severe command auditory hallucinations and wouldn't eat for weeks at a time)."

• Tony, that's the best response.

• While the DSM and definitions may have been changed recently, that doesn't mean they're CORRECT. Within the last year I've seen dictionary definitions changed to go along with the masses misusing the terms. I have strong suspicions that the DSM is changed due to pressure from special interest groups.
      The are 2 genders, 2 sexes. Everything else is a rare birth defect or mental illness. Transgenderism is an illness that needs treatment. Society needs to stop reinforcing these people's delusions and stop trying to use laws and regulations to force people to pretend it's normal. In fact, I'd argue that since calling a man a woman is incorrect (or an outright lie) it's actually harmful to go along with it.

• One of the things where I stand on the fence of is the difference between gender norms and gender expression, because I do not like the implications gender norms have in general. I refer to myself as my sex, and I believe gender as a concept is a little outdated in terms of needing to associate it with any pronouns.

Simply because I (my own personal perspective mind you) do not believe gender norms can affect who I am and what sex I am. Meaning I do not assign anything society expects of me to a gender, or even a gender norm.

But that is only my personal perspective, and overall I do not care what other people do.

• Sure, the move for a while now has been to move away from stereotyping gender norms. A highly effeminate man who has long hair, wears some makeup and dresses somewhat girly may still say they’re a man and that those gendered norms are silly and outdated. The problem of course is that as a society we still have expectations or norms for each sex. So a trans person who does the exact same thing as a cis person (say a trans vs a drag queen) can have differ on how they want to be perceived.

• 4d

It's likely a birth defect obviously they are very mentally ill people who are often a threat to themselves and others. They have walked in front of semi trucks to commit suicide, attacked people , there was an ax attack in Australia not that long ago. The only reason research isn't being done is because the far left finds them easy to exploit.

• 4d

Wow I can't beleive how late I am to this myTake. Anyways I'm not sure why there is so much criticism on your post. I think that this subject overall isn't black and white. Homosexuality is certainly the key behind most transgender people. Not to mention the person's life experiences that played a role in who that person is today. Seems like you can link life experiences/homsexual tendencies to be the biggest key factors in shaping the trans community. As for mental disorder? I'm not sure but I have an easy time believing it. Simply because if you've been around or seen trans people. They can get weird... Not trying to paint them all like that but there's a lot of them out there.

• 4d

All good. I posted this reply to someone else you may find it interesting
      “Do you think that it's such a ludicrous notion that a male dog would exhibit female dog stereotypical behavior. I find it a rather silly notion as sex differences in behavior is very nominal among dog populations. Males may be slightly more emotionally stable when compared to females, but the research on the subject is relatively lacking. We do know that several other species will have individuals with characteristics similar to our transgenders. Certain species of snakes, lizards, beetles, fish, and birds, all have some portion of the male population that imitates the behaviors and appearance of the females of their species. It's actually quite well documented if you'd like I can link to some research.”

• I wish they would all move to Canada. They would fit in there.

• They're insignificant in the big picture of things. But here you are trying to make a case. pfft.

• It's nobody's business, but Christians like to make everything their business. And yes, it's just Christians who have a problem with it.

• 'With each successive male birth a woman produces stronger antibodies against a male Y chromosomal protein. This means that her body will fight against that protein..' Well, Blanchard and Klassen sure have some explaining to do.

• As far as I can tell, the ones who started the 'maternal immunisation theory', which is far-fetched to say the least. Relevant info in your 3rd link.

• 7d

Ah thanks, I didn't check all of each article's references. What's your contention with their findings?

• That was to long to read but I'm assuming it was good.

• 4d

People can to what they want, its their lives.
    Just don't expect me to support you.
    And this subject affects a small % but gets way more attention then it deserves

• 5d

There is a huge philosophical chasm here. It isn't YOUR identity, it is societies identity for you. You no more get to choose your identity than you do your nickname.

• You missed all the brain structure stuff.

• You're talking about how biological males can be born with "female" brains? If so that's part of the maternal antibodies affecting Y chromosomal changes due to increased antibodies that I was mentioning.

• what brain structure stuff? femaleand males may be prone to have certain types of the brain more developed, but it is not always the case... so just because someone has some traits that are not as common for their gender it doesn't mean they are a different sex... or that they should identify themselves like that... some people also act brainless but that doesn't mean they should identify as plants

• 3d

What I don't understand is why they aren't just happy with being gay. Why cut off your penis or try to grow one?

• 3d

Well most Trans persons don't have surgery on their genitals. That's because it's less about biological differences than societal perception.

• 2d

I too would think they're a man. But I think they tried to look more masculine with testosterone treatments. What happens to their mental health when you take away the steroids? It's the same thing that happens when they cut off a man's balls. Suicidal self hate. You can't just say everything is this now. It's a delusion that may need counselling during the transition. Finally androgen and estrogen dominance in women will cause uterine cancer. There are no public warnings or information about what these things can do to you. You can't just shut the issue in a closet over fear of hurting someone's feelings. That person looks proud of who they are. That's something we should make sure is happening at every step.

• 2d

Well I’m not really sure of any longitudinal studies on the long term effects of gonadotropin and androgen boosts in the context of transgendered persons (separate from say body builders using test boosts to excess resulting in increased estrogen production).

There are plenty of warning of the dangers of steroids, lol you can google them anywhere. I’m guessing that you’re referencing specifically in the context of transgendered persons and I’m quite certain that’s false. And if you’re insinuating that these doctors never inform their patients of the side effects and risks then that’s a massive violation of informed consent and all those doctors should be sued and lose their practices for malpractice.

As for the delusion bit. We’re all mildly delusional, most men think they’re better looking than they are and most women think they’re worse looking than they are. The more you lack skill in a certain field the more likely you are to think you’re rather proficient in it. Most people are prone to hallucinations in various contexts. Etc etc. The question should really be about whether or not the delusion is harmful. Secondarily if we agree that certain norms are societally constructed (let’s just say wearing a dress for ease) then should we be considerate of a person who wishes to engage in non-gender stereotypical behavior? How far should we go in either direction?

I pointed out the twin and sibling studies before, but we also know of many individuals in other species that seem to mimic what we would call transgender i. e snakes, lizards, beetles, fish, and birds.

• 6d

People over here judging trans people... but then again what do we call the GUYS that are into trans people? Hmmmmm

• 1d

Anyone who identifies as Transgender is mentally ill.

• 4d

There are only two genders. Men and women.

• 3d

I didn’t disagree.

• 2d

I think you mean "man and woman"... Or you mean "there are only to gender demographics"

• Interesting myTake

• Good take. 👌

• Interesting take, thanks for sharing!

• 6d

We live in a world where truth no longer matters. Only opinion.

Scientific truth, objective truth, none of that matters as much as "feelings" and if that isn't enough reason for the euthanisation of humanity, I don't know what is.

• 6d

Eh? Lol when do you think scientific truth mattered more than in the past few decades?

• 6d

Even in the 90's it mattered more. The beginning of the end was post 9-11. When TPTB started deconstructing reality. The hijackers are virtually all Saudi's? Let's invade Iraq. We know where the WMD's are. They are north, south, east and west somewhat of Baghdad.
      Move on eventually to the Birther movement, the Tea Party movement, and the wilful denial of facts became more mainstream. You'd think things had peaked with the fringe bunch of fucking numbskulls in the early 2000's who thought we never went to the moon. Today we have mainstream Flat Earthers who are not committed in mental asylums and electroshocked back into fucking reality.

I'm not talking about truth no longer matters in the past few decades. It's been a race to the bottom since about 2002, and there's no way we're pulling out of the nosedive we're in now.

So yeah, Men and Womyn and Attack helicopters are just 3 of the 517 Facebook genders that Tumblr worships, Anyone can self diagnose themselves as transexual, morons think gluten is added to everything to kill them, anti-vaxxers have brought back fucking MEASLES epidemics, and fucking Trump is elected.

Nuke it all. Give the cockroaches a chance.

• 7d

Interesting

• There's a reason 20 years ago trannies we driven to alleyways where they live off of heroin paid for by blowing guys for $10s.

Now they are treated liked their mental disorder is something honorable.

Disgusting.

• Lol did I imply they're honorable anywhere in here? XD You sound a little hyper-sensitive to the issue.

• Good take.

• "Trans" is not a real thing, it's just a form of mental illness. Gender is not a social construct.

• Did you read myTake?

• @ladsin ok, yeah, that might be the way you used it, but unfortunately that is not the way most people use it nowadays. because "trans" people don't just want to fulfill a different role. they are convinced that they in fact fully are the opposite gender. and that's what I have a problem with, because it's clearly insane. if they were looking at it the way you do, and if it was only about roles, there would be no problem. this way, it's a very serious problem.

• I can agree that there's a societal problem with people weaponizing the transgender issue as an issue to make others kowtow to their political whims. This is particularly done around the concept of kindness or justice and banning free speech. I'm most certainly against that. I'm even more baffled by the rise of everybody having their individual pronouns for use which is nonsensical as I pointed out here.

That said, I can still have a nuanced opinion about the subject without agreeing with all of the societal baggage around it. I can say that I think it inappropriate to call a black person a "n" word (not sure if the site would ban), but I don't think it should be illegal. When you're talking to me you should talk to me and try to drop the baggage from all the nonsense surrounding the topic XD
      For example my section on why a person would wish to identify as or act in concordance with the cultural norms for the opposite sex is really pretty interesting and informative.