AOC - "There Is Nothing Wrong With Being a Working Person"

One woman in politics right now, who just keeps getting better and better is AOC-, especially with this speech.

This woman lives in a flat just a regular place like most of us on this website. She's fighting for the people. I doubt the majority of us on this website are rich.

How many of you have worked as a bartender before?

Well those of you who are currently or have done in the past, AOC has been in your position. Just last year, she was a bartender and now she's a congress woman.

People are making a mockery or that Trump made a mockery of that! Well, Trump, not everybody's father could loan the a small loan of a million dollars, the majority of people have to work for what they have. Yes, the "W" word work. And AOC, had to work in that bar, to help provide for her family and pay off her student debt. Her parents couldn't just loan her a small loan of a million dollars.

Even now, she lives in a flat, and doesn't even have a bed. She sleeps on a mattress and she is still doing her best, which I must say is incredible, to fight for the people. She hasn't got a fancy mansion, a flashy car, a designer suit, she has her mind, her voice, her determination and honesty. That's all she needs. Let's say in the future she does get a flashy car, or a designer suit, or a mansion or even all 3, what should we say to that?

Well done, is what we should say. Many may think her telling us that she sleeps on mattress, means that she has to keep herself poor forever because if she becomes rich people will think she's become corrupted. But that isn't necessarily the case.

If she becomes rich it shows us, she worked incredibly hard to get there. She started off as a bartender, became a congresswoman, fought for the people while sleeping on a mattress in a small flat, while even the president is insulting her. It shows us if she can become rich, we can too.

I'm more privileged than her:

I'm writing this MyTake in my bed, I'm fortunate enough to have a bed.

She works as a congresswoman where fellow congressmen and congresswomen are against her. I go to a school where I get along with pretty much everybody.

My father is still alive, unfortunately AOC lost hers.

If she becomes rich I don't see why I couldn't.

Even if she doesn't become financially wealthy, she's still inspirational. Against all these odds she's still fighting for the people, taking on even the president of her country. A real life Wonder Woman.

After delivering this speech people still found something irrelevant to debunk. They were questioning why was she talking like a black girl even though she isn't black? !y question to that is who cares how she is speaking? You can still understand her, so why are you complaining?

Trump has made blatantly racist comments about black people and other people of ethnic minorities, yet he gets to be President.

This girl hasn't said anything racist, but because of how she speaks, people choose to debunk a brilliant speech? Listen beyond the way it is presented and hear the meaning.

Thank you for reading this MyTake.☺❤

1361
SpiderManFan2002 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• There’s a very strange social phenomenon where people love to focus on every single flaw a woman has when she’s in higher positions. It’s not a victim complex anymore - it is a very real thing going on and it is quite shocking that it’s 2019 and people still do this crap.

You said it. Trump is sexist and racist, yet he gets to be president. Most female politicians and female higher ups are picked on due to the flaws that EVERYONE has.

It’s like saying “oh, but she said X therefore she’s a terrible person.” But have you focused on all the male politicians who say and do the exact same thing (and a lot worse) but NOBODY (not a soul) says ANYTHING at all?

Thanks for sharing this by the way.

• So no one says anything about trump? Hillary got away with a lot more. Have you heard she said black people should be taught to heel? You know like dogs.

Women are attacked just as much as men. Sanders was attacked for his views and her views are even more extreme. People don't like her ideas and attack anything they can to shit them down. I'm not saying it is right, but that is politics and if women can grow thick skin and take it then maybe it isn't for them. The VP was attacked for making sure he wouldn't have false allegations of sexual assault against him by saying he wouldn't be alone in a room with women. Which in the current climate makes lots of sense.

• 2d

Just cut the crap about genders. She's a fucking moron and that's the end of it. Her new deal was so unscientific she COULDN'T EVEN GET RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND CLIMATE ACTIVISTS TO BACK HER. Do you know how bad that looks?

All this "Latina in power" bullshit is getting old. Stop it. She's an embarrassment and needs to GO as soon as possible. Honestly she's worse than TRUMP (yeah I said it)... yes she's worse than Trump at this point.

• 2d

Latinabutterfly96 - are you really going to sit there and say it's men on this site who are quick to anger? really?

• What I don't get is why people are against her and Ilhan Omar.. like seriously? When poc actually get a seat in senate then they get attacked for every little thing. People use excuses to attack them. America land of the free where people and the media love attacking others just because of their existence.

• She has very extreme views and doesn't seem to fully understand what is going on. What do you expect. She us further out their then most Democrats, so she gets attacked by both them and the right.

• She's a radical socialist, absolutely NOTHING to do with her being a woman.

• 6d

It has nothing to do with their races or gender, but everything to do with their political ideologies.

I, for one, will NEVER support ANY socialist or communist, and your girl is a full-blown socialist, just like that jack*ss bernie sanders.

Socialism and communism are failed experiments of the past that should have been left in the past and should have never been attempted in the first place.

Most Helpful Guys

• she's right

there's NOTHING wrong with being a working person

trump would know NOTHING about this

• 7d

the right knows she's right. and they fear it

• 2d

So why TODAY did it come out that both New York Republicans AND Democrats are already investing millions to get her out of that seat at all odds in 2022 and even with a special election in 2020? Even democrats know she's an idiot.

Join the discussion

1159
  • Yeah she's fighting for the people and the working class, that's why she chased a bunch of really good paying Amazon jobs out of her district. Stupid horse face hee haw.

• Those good paying jobs would likely to have gone to people moving in from outside the district, and the rents would have skyrocketed for those without tech skills.

• Why do you think she "chased" Amazon out of her district?

Nobody just wakes up in the morning with the intent to do something without reason.

• @zagor whatever. Who's problem is that for being poor? Not the person who's capable of getting the job that was just driven away.

• She's a good argument for increasing the minimum age to serve in a public office. She sounds like an immature kid who is completely clueless.

This woman is a complete moron. It sure doesn't doesn't say much for the people who elected her either.

• Of course there is nothing wrong with a working person. But, what is HER excuse now? Let's she: AOC wants to ban airplanes and internal combustion cars (which use fuel) in favor of trains (which, uh, use fuel or electricity which comes from, uh, fuel) or electric cars (which use electricity which comes primarily from, uh, FUEL.) She wants to replace or retrofit EVERY building in the country to use the equivalent of NO fuel, but hasn't figured the environmental impact of all those products which need to be manufactured in factories which use, uh, FUEL, and which will- by the way- cost hundreds of Trillions (yes, with a "T") of dollars.

Was she hatched this way, or does she take a "stupid pill" before getting in a fuel-using vehicle every day? She would have to go back to school to raise herself to the level of "massive failure" in her thinking! She believes that the world will end in 12 years if her outrageous steps aren't implemented! If we were to believe her (which I don't), we should just give up NOW and enjoy ourselves because all these ludicrous changes could NEVER- NEVER- NEVER even be minutely partially implemented within 12 years, yet alone completely. Heck, it takes 12 years to get a single environmental impact study done to the satisfaction of her tree-hugging buddies!

Being a "spidermanfan", you should know the line: "With great power comes great responsibility", yet AOC isn't- and probably never will be- privy to EITHER ONE!

• "electric cars (which use electricity which comes primarily from, uh, FUEL.) "
      Actually no. Yes, she wants electric cars and I actually support that. If the government invested in renewable energy sources, there would be no need for "FUEL" as you put it. America has sun, they could use solar power, they have sea they could use tidal power, they have wind, wind power- your options are wide and yet America choose to use fuel? Something which will run out in my lifetime. What about the new generation?

A prime example of a victim of this pollution is my teacher's daughter who is about 3 or 4-years-old. Nobody in my teacher's family has ever had asthma- yet her daughter somehow has it. The most logical explanation for this is air pollution.

She believes the world will end in 12 years if we as a human race carry on the way we are. Using resources at the extent we are. Give up now and enjoy ourselves? No. I'm sorry, I want the best future for my family. You're 67 you've lived your life, you've been 16, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60. I'm 16 I'm just at the beginning of my life. Don't you think I want to become 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60?

Let's say the world does end in 12 years. That means my life ended at the age of 28. Your life ended at 79. Don't you want to see 80 or 90 or even 100?

• Lmao so true.

• @Zodiac10 Yes. That's why the numbers are called "averages".

• That's all well and good saying that but what happens when there is no jobs.

• To say Trump doesn't know work is awfully ignorant.

• What does "doesn't know work" mean? Trump's never "worked" a day in his life! LOL Spoon fed prick.

• Well the difference is... I KNOW he's full of shit, because he's ALWAYS been full of shit, no matter his dealings, which my family has been privy to! Whether its Trump University (scam that he settled out of court), defrauded the city of Atlantic City, to the state of New York, to paying hush money to hookers, to his constant pathological lying (or there aren't enough of those for you either, huh?) Trump is never clean. Never will be. And having 8 Gaggers who agree with you means what? Nothing. The ONLY thing you could think I'm lying about is my family's dealings with him, which I couldn't care less what you believe because I know it's true. Everything ELSE I mention, is documented fact. You choosing to disregard it all, is what makes you a trumpette, and someone lacking the drive and ability to determine truth from fiction and lies, because all you got is saying to me "you're lying and full of shit". Go look stuff up, and learn something.

• Lol what retard is going to Trump University to begin with? 😂 oh hush money to hookers! I should care so much! If anything that's embarrassing for him. I could give a shit less the president fucked a hooker. Lol now you know how I feel. Your family dealings with him mean nothing to me. Just like how the people who agreed with me, mean nothing to you. You think you hold some high ground but you don't. Why did you comment on my opinion anyway? Especially since you don't agree with me. Just for the sake of argument?

• Is this a late April fools joke? She makes $174,000 per year and you're impressed that her bed hasn't arrived yet? Trump isn't making fun of her because she wasn't rich. He's making fun of her new green deal.

"Trump has made blatantly racist comments about black people and other people of ethnic minorities, yet he gets to be President."
    Can you show me where he said that?

• They never provide evidence only their feelings.

• @ItalianGuy2020
      The whole thing hinges on there being feeble-minded participants.

• I saw a video today which blew my mind I never thought about it but it is all about repeition like they showed all the movies that ever came out about space since like the 50s and they do the same exact kind of movie over and over just different titles and repackage it all to make us believe there are aliens and to believe the moon landing was real all anything we see in TV and movies really is at the core of it is a way to program us

• She makes over $100,000 per year for a job she barely attends. She spent almost her entire 1 million dollar yearly operating budget and pays her employees dick. This is a sideshow she puts on to act like she's had a hard life because of capitalism when it pays for everything for her.

• Omg she’s an idiot. I wondered what kind of person would support this idiot lol

• Nobody goes from bartender to Congress without getting their hands dirty, even those who are willing to get their hands dirty wouldn't so easily jump from bartending to Congress, she's got people charmed but everything about her is fishy

Sorry to bust your bubble but life is not a marvel movie

• Fishy in what way?

• Uh, no it’s not, no greedy billionaire has anything to do with it

• @shyapples2 What is the source of their funds?

• That woman's ideas are very dangerous. She believes that people don't have the right to have children and that the world will end in 12 years. She is not God and should not be praised!

• Sorry, saying that there is nothing wrong with being a working person is a cliche tarted up as a profundity. The issue is not being a working person, but rather the wisdom of what the working person is saying. In this Rep. Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) has not exactly proved to be an inspiration.

Give the lady her due. AOC has a gift for self-promotion. She understands the logic of social media wherein prominence is conflated with power. Where fame is the coin of the realm. To which should be added that, through sheer grit, she defeated an incumbent primary opponent who looked set to lead the House Democrats after Speaker Pelosi stepped down.

Grant that her opponent had gotten lazy about attending to his district. For all the nation prattles on about how it wants "leadership" and an end to parochial politicians, perish the incumbent Member of Congress who does not bring home the bacon to their districts. As so often, the public talks one way and acts another - hence Ocasio-Cortez gets her moment to make of herself a gift to the nation.

For all that, she claims to be a socialist - that term not meaning what it is claimed to be in popular usage - but there is scant evidence that Ocasio-Cortez has ever read a page of Marx. She preaches that which she cannot define.

Indeed, one wishes some savvy journalist somewhere would ask her if she really believes, pace Marx, that human beings are really nothing more than social/psychological products of the means of production. One hears the crickets chirping in the background already.

To this she adds colossal arrogance. Politico - a DC based newspaper that tilts liberal and is widely read on Capitol Hill - reports that Ocasio-Cortez caused a meeting of the House Democrats to absolutely explode in recriminations when she threatened to get primary challengers to run against any of her Democrat colleagues whom she believed were insufficiently loyal to her liberal causes.

The irony here being that Ocasio-Cortez started her career by voting against Speaker Pelosi's appropriations bill during the government shutdown because it included funding for ICE. Suffice to say, the Representative does not feel bound by the rules she applies to others.

Then there is the "New Green Deal." A ragbag of largely unrelated wishes put in the form of a resolution. Estimated cost - by the non-partisan CBO no less, official cost estimator of Congress - $93 trillion. That, by the way, is more than the entire current GNP of, not just the country, but of the world.

The resolution itself was submitted against a backdrop of colossal staff incompetence. Including a "Q&A" to explain the bill so poorly written - it included the famous pledge to provide economic security - read a government check - to those who not only could not find a job, but even to those who did not WANT a job.

It never seems to have hit Ocasio-Cortez that giving money to people who don't feel like working would bring the entire economy to a screeching halt. Not to mention producing all sorts of social resentments. Details, details.

The icing on the cake being that the resolution is so awful that the Senate Minority Leader - Democrat Charles Schummer - is furious that the Majority Leader - Republican Mitch McConnell - allowed a vote on Cortez's bill. So, the Minority Leader is objecting that the Majority Leader is allowing consideration of a bill introduced by the Minority. Even the bill's cosponsors voted against it. Alice, welcome to wonderland.

Ocasio-Cortex is a petulant teenager tarted us as a Congresswoman. To mix metaphors, she has become the tail wagging the Democratic dog. Self-respecting socialists should be horrified by her. Her Democratic colleagues - especially the moderates - are horrified by her.

To wit, probably the only real supporters Ocasio-Cortez has - outside of those whose Democrats who have the bad habit of letting their wishes father their thoughts - are the Republicans. For them, she is the gift that keeps on giving.

• I agree. She's absolutely AMAZING. I have never witnessed a politician so intent, enthusiastic, and proficient in assisting in the suicide of a regressive-leftist political party. Logical liberals and moderates are fleeing in droves. She, literally, outshines HRC in what it means to be a lying criminal and a complete dumbass.

• I'm not American but did she lose thousands of jobs for the very people she's supposed to represent?

• Nothing wrong with being a working person, true. There is, however, quite a bit wrong with having little real world experience and trying to dictate to everyone else how to live as though one is an expert on things.

• She is a failed actor, that responded to ad to run for Congress. She is told what to do and say. Other words she is fake, not to mention that the things she says is stupid. She is a one and done honey. Will not get reelected. Might end up in jail, she actually committed crimes , like stealing political money for personal use.

• She lives in a high rise entrance controlled luxury apartment building. Not a flat.

• She said the world will end in 12 years from climate change lol she wants to ban cows and burgers she is nuts

• Show me where she said that.

• @SpiderManFan2002 3 days later... still waiting for your "reply".

• @InTimoreDei I'm planning to watch the videos at the weekend because I only have a certain amount of time on week days because I've for homework, but don't worry I'm getting back to everyone slowly but surely.

Please be patient.

• Like every other politician in D. C., Ocasio-Cortez seeks to downplay the potential costs of her policy preferences, while spotlighting their benefits (especially when giving interviews on national television). She basically forgot her calculator when thinking this crap up. Andrew Yang has better policies and could be a real threat in the next election. Go google him and stop wasting your time on this idiot.

• She is the most retarded politician ever. Probably worked as a prostitute to make her way into the profession. Seriously, her ideas and statements are idiotic. Even other democrats say so. She knows nothing about economics.

• AOC is a heretic... she's a hypocrite.
    Yes exactly she's poor, she can't find a job so she blames Christians, whites and men for it...

• Where has she actually said that?

• Here's your proof!

The resolution in Congress from Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) calls for a “10-year national mobilization” that would include:

“Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States.”
      “Providing all people of the United States with — (i) high-quality health care; (ii) affordable, safe, and adequate housing; (iii) economic security; and (iv) access to clean water, clean air, healthy and affordable food, and nature.”
      “Providing resources, training, and high-quality education, including higher education, to all people of the United States.”
      “Meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources.”
      “Repairing and upgrading the infrastructure in the United States, including. . . by eliminating pollution and greenhouse gas emissions as much as technologically feasible.”
      “Building or upgrading to energy-efficient, distributed, and ‘smart’ power grids, and working to ensure affordable access to electricity.”
      “Upgrading all existing buildings in the United States and building new buildings to achieve maximal energy efficiency, water efficiency, safety, affordability, comfort, and durability, including through electrification.”
      “Overhauling transportation systems in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector as much as is technologically feasible, including through investment in — (i) zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and manufacturing; (ii) clean, affordable, and accessible public transportation; and (iii) high-speed rail.”
      “Spurring massive growth in clean manufacturing in the United States and removing pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from manufacturing and industry as much as is technologically feasible.”
      and others that go past my 2,000 character limit.

• Unfortunately @Massageman , her bill actually increases greenhouse gas emissions if implemented and everyone already has access to those things in the US. This is the kind of delusional nonsense that only narcissistic vegan socialism would come up with to justify their propaganda.

• She's done plenty of dumb shit, such as being a proponent of Modern Monetary Theory.

That being said, it's of course admirable to go from bartender to congresswoman in such a short while. That's most certainly commendable, even if I disagree with her on a lot.

Good MyTake by the way, well written.

• As for the reasoning why MMT is retarded for those interested.

It basically is funding the government deficit, such as when creating the Green New Deal, by just printing more money.

If there is one thing which causes rampant inflation, it's just printing more and more money to finance fiscal policy (the green new deal).

Quickly increasing inflation ain't good, it could fuck up an entire economy. That'd be heresy in Germany

• @SketchForger Well, yeah. But the most important consequence of a lot of inflation is simply that your economy slides to a halt.

• I like how I got 3 downvotes for saying it's impressive she became a congresswoman so quickly.

So often I hear people (usually conservatives) say that by working hard even poor people can end up doing very well in terms of higher living standard.

Now there is someone who made that massive jump in terms of job and probably wealth, and now it's bad

SMH

• 7d

The absolute hatred of her on this site just further proves how right wing this sitr is and how completely uneducated these people are.

"AOC works for the deep state and the bourgeoisie" but somehow she is also a socialist who wants to tax the rich and eliminate the deep state... It's the perfect cover!

• 7d

Hardly. She is dissed even by the leadership of her own party.

• 7d

@Liam_Haydeni I know. It doesn't make since to call the Democrats commies and at the same time mention how most of her party hates her because she's a socialist. Doesn't make any sense. Also she has only been in office for like 4 months...

• 4d

" It doesn't make since to call the Democrats commies"

Most of them aren't. But most of the elected ones are quasi-socialist.

• The only thing interesting about AOC is this forum's obsession with her.

It is absolutely freaking hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN2wdXKuQ9k

• What "a glass of water with a D after it could win the seat" ignores is that AOC won the Democratic primary for the seat; that was the place the representative was chosen, not the general election. She won that with over 56% of the vote (and the general with 78%, despite Crowley taking 6.6% of the votes).

• I see what you mean, but there is an argument to say that you can win, if you have a message that people want to hear.

It may be an exception, but look at Lee Carter's election in 2017 (Virginia House of Delegates from the 50th district). He campaigned as a Democratic Socialist, and beat a decade-long incumbent Republican by 54%-45% - but the remarkable thing about the election is that the Republican got more votes than he ever had before, but the Democrat got 50% more votes than any previous Democrat in that race.

You have to give the voters something to vote for.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Carter_(politician)
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Miller

Naturally, the Virginia Democratic Party operation is putting up an ex-Republican to run against him in the primary.

• @goaded The thing is that I don't understand this whole Democratic Socialist thing in the era of Trump.

Trump basically proved this is not about politics or policy. This is about how you make people feel.

Bernie Sanders is leading the Democratic field. . . as a "socialist". And he went on FoxNews and won the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ozAACcc8I

• She's a double digit IQ retard and needs to be ostracized from society.

• AOC is the most uninformed and naive person in congress.

• 7d

She doesent understand economics in the slightest, a more socialist economy has been proven over and over to not benefit the working class, in fact it causes the working class to finance the people who don’t want to work all while the rich stay rich, fuck people got to look at the examples, socialism = low quality of life for working class

• 7d

Aeock is the single most revolting woman on the planet. She knows nothing about anything that she speaks on and she's been nothing but a detriment to the Democrat party and the people of New York since taking office. She also has a voice like a knife.

• 7d

She sure fucking knows how to get people talking about her, which is just about one of the most important things for politicians to be able to do.

• 7d

Wasent she caught lying? Pretending to be working class but she's actually from a alright family and never had a job.
    Im sure you will dismiss this though.

• 7d

If that's true, show me where.

• 7d

You said, "Pretending to be working class but she's actually from a alright family and never had a job."

That doesn't prove your statement. It shows she has a boyfriend who is listed in her staff directory.

Are we not going to talk about when Trump used his political campaign to advertise his daughter's business? As far as I'm aware that isn't allowed- and these are biased reporters.

Their page is full of "re-elect Trump" merch. A reporting company should be neutral, and just report the news- of both sides of the story, not just one. It is evident they are biased towards Trump, therefore I wouldn't trust what they have to say as they are not giving the full picture.

• 7d

@WhoDatGuy: Her boyfriend isn't part of her staff, he's just on her staff email list so he can have access to her schedule. Maybe fact check your youtube conspiracy theories before trying to use them as some kinda damning evidence.

• She is the best thing that ever happened to the Republican party.

• A complete moron. She'll soon be gone, you'll see. Dumb as rocks.

• Call her a moron but back that up.

• @thechesseman - Global warming is a hoax, perpetrated on the people, by politicians, to gain control over them. Progressives are all about this - lots of fear mongering and scare tactics, they make crap up to keep the populace on edge so they can 'save the day'. It's a lot easier to get people to do what you want them to do if they're afraid of what will happen if they don't.

I find it amazing how gullible people are. There is so much junk science and sketchy data you can't believe any of them.

There have been at least 18 dire predictions of catastrophe in my lifetime and none of them came true. Please allow us to be just a little skeptical.

When I was in my teens they were sure we were entering a 'mini ice-age' and everybody was going to freeze to death. Next California was going to split off from the continent and slide into the pacific ocean.

I could go on, but you get the idea. This whole global warming thing is a bunch of hoo-haw. Just look at Al Gore. Lives in a mansion that consumes as much resources as a small city, and jets around the world burning a shit-ton of jet-fuel. What a hypcrite.

AOC is a fukkin lunatic.

• Global warming is real but caused by the island of garbage choking out all the sea algae. As sea algae produces over 75% of the oxygen on the planet, this is the largest contributor. Nothing you do at home will have much effect as Mt. Saint Hellens put off more greenhouse gas emissions than human life as a total. Most of the shit they're pushing now is about how meat is murder and celebrities in L. A. are so special for saving the planet by driving electric cars when 90% of human greenhouse gas emissions come from either A. C. or heating people's homes. She could stop more greenhouse gas emissions by shutting up than her bill would have.

• 6d

A nail sticking out is asking to be hammered in.

A tall tree is bound to get all the wind.

This is normal. AOC is standing out too much and making everyone else looking like stupid mules in suits. Have to attack her and bring her down to their level.

• Yes AOC great hero of the revolution defender of he workers! That lier lives in a luxury apartment , she's a shill for a communist organization the "Justice Democrats" she follows a murderous ideology, you're basically supporting something like a Nazi right down to the camps and secret police.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

• Still doesn't mean she isn't out of touch with reality. She is so STUPID that she thinks most people get Columbus Day off. Nope, not in the real world.

• She will go down in history as the dumbest buffoon in office.

• @taleswapper
      I've been working since I was 10 years old. "White privilege" must have passed me by.
      I don't want socialism to exist so I can say, "I told you so" It is coming to America, whether you like it or not. Let's get it over with. I want Bernie to win. He's the biggest pussy on the planet. He'll protect us from evil.
      www.realclearpolitics.com/.../..._mic_to_them.html
      Is this the candy-ass pussy that you want protecting us?

• @BoSvenson Yeah, too much hate to be rational. I get it. Cheers, mate.

• She's incompetent and inept. She got her position as congresswoman through primarying.

• The only bartender who did anything of note is that guy who went on a streak on Jeopardy

• With that said she probably doesn't need primarying anymore due to her popularity

• The only good thing I can think of is she's not off the rails like Alex Jones. She's still cuckoo though IMHO.

• I love how AOC triggers all these conservative incel boys on GaG. :D

• It’s insane.

• are you kidding me? She's the best thing that ever happened to conservatives!

She may single handedly turn anyone who is between a leftist and a centrist into a Republican voter, leaving only a small radical population who will vote democrat.

Besides, the meme's of her are hilarious! Like every few days there is another lol, and I mean an actual for real laugh at what she does. You should check out the Donald Trump fan club on Reddit, she's always a hit.

• @Jager66 Sure, Alt-Righty boy. Whatever you and the other right-wing edgelords on 4chan like to jerk off to. lol

• 6d

There's nothing wrong with being a little cautious. Dont be so quick to put someone on a pedestal. Also, she didn't need to go for the reverend tone... she should just keep it simple, study up, and don't just try to force her way up so quickly. Getting all that heat is how you screw up. Just look how things are elsewhere. She has decades to hit the top. Also, parties are bs.

• Fighting for the people hell, she's fighting for the deep state one world order spewing Marxist propaganda to achieve socialism. She's a complete leftist idiot.

• 7d

But the deep state shits on her endlessly and she is hated because she attacks the "deep state"... So either she's a socialist idiot who doesn't know how things work or she's a shill for those in power. Choose 1.

• 2d

@SirRexington She's a shill no doubt put in there to pretend she's one thing but another. It's the oldest trick they have in the book, yet still works well on sheeple's.

• 3d

I can't stand her. She represents the metropolitan liberal elite, and not the blue collar worker. The Democrats should represent the blue collar workers, and not these weird liberal, gender fluid weirdos.

• I’m glad that you’re from a different country and underage, because you’d make an irresponsible voter.

• Pandering to black people with a fake pathetic accent... yes AOC is just awesome. Way awesome.

• I love that woman and how she calls out corrupt politics.

• 6d

She is an airhead^10. Nothing to appreciate. Also she was voted in an area where the voting-percentage is very low.

• Yes, there is nothing wrong with being a working person.

At the same time I wonder if she really understands the economics about certain things that she talks bout like universal income , or universal healthcare not to mention the Green New Deal. This things are all noble on paper but in real life how does one pay for all of it? When the media asks her this specific questions she beats around the bush. Right now she is getting a lot of attention but I think that will fizzle out in soon. I agree that she is charismatic to certain level and gives a good talk. But charm will only get you so far. You need a plan with concrete numbers and a proposed budget that spells it all out in order to get anything off the ground, regardless of one's political affiliation.

• 4d

Why is a square a square? How should Alexandria Ocasional Cortex respond? With feelings of oppression. This is why she is not respected as a person with practical solutions.

• 9h

I'm so very glad that she explained that difficult concept to us workers.

• Yes. Someone that used their pandering and gender to get onto the stage of politics. Privilege is irrelevant in the judgment of a person's intelligence and character. She is lacking in both.

• Her story is inspiring, as she presents it. But she auditioned for the role, and I don't put figureheads up as heroes.

• 7d

Anyone who thinks she's good at what she does has a mental deficiency or is a sexist who simply supports any woman in higher office.

• 7d

The fact that you know who she is already means she's pretty fantastic at what she does.

• 3d

Do tell.

• 2d

@cipher42 She won a contest that she didn't even enter on her own. Here in NY we had a contest for a "regular person" to be in congress and get congressional funding. Her BROTHER sent in a video of her without her knowing and she ended up winning the election funds. The city literally gave no attention or air time to her opponent and lots of people here even complained that it seems like she was the only one running for congress. She's LITERALLY a sort of "reality show" contest winner. Our government has always been pathetic but this is a new low.

• Society constructs a straw man and the world rallies against it.

What a colossal fucking waste of time. And yeah there is a reason why 29 year old bartenders aren't in lawmaking, it's because your young and you most likely don't know shit. Look at this girl! She's a bloody democratic socialist for fucks sake!!! Does anyone even know what those words mean? Do you understand where these policies lead? You have to look forward, 10, 20, 100 years!!! This is how dangerous the power of lawmaking is, and there is no fucking way a 29 year old bartender understands that. I encourage you all to explore austrian economics vs keynesian economics and understand what we are dealing with here

• hey hey it's my favourite jerk! how are you these days, i feel so lost since you stopped yelling at me online about how i'm an ignorant feminazi

• Laughing Out Out Out Loud?

Sweden hasn't collapsed in 100 years, and is one of the most successful societies on the planet, but it's bound to in the next 20? Funny how that works. Weren't you saying it would only take 10 or 20 years for the US to collapse from the government looking after its people?

• @goaded No, I was not saying that about the US, and call it what you will but if your eye is on Sweden in the current year you would not be holding them up as some example. Besides, you can not compare a tiny ethnocentric nation like sweden to the empire that is america.

• AOC I believe means well, but her ideas are terrible. I mean there might be good ideas scattered in, but they're put together terribly. She uses MMT to explain how she plans to fund things. MMT is pretty much ridiculous.

And if you're not into figuring out exactly how to pay for government programs, what the details should be, and how much it will cost, then honestly, you're terrible at being in congress, because that IS what congress is for, not just agitating for change.

With the GND I can't decide if she's completely detached from reality or fully understands she's pitching socialism with a greenwash.

As I noted above, i'm charitably assuming she's a fool who means well.

There is, indeed, absolutely nothing wrong with being a working person, with regards to your video. The criticism it drew wasn't about that statement, it was about whether she was naturally code switching or pandering. I think probably the former, but that was the controversy.

Show More
20