Proto totalitarianism, the warning signs of an ideology’s totalitarian agenda

ADFSDF1996

Throughout history, totalitarian/ tyrannical regimes have risen because people failed to see warning signs of the ideology or just chose to dismiss warning signs. Here are warning signs you should look out for.

1.)Promoting opinions as facts: Many totalitarian regimes are notorious for promoting opinions as facts. Examples are the 4th wave feminists believing masculinity is toxic and radical liberals believing certain groups are privileged.

2.) Forcing an agenda/indoctrination: When a group of people has to force their agenda, you know their ideology is flawed and will not be welcomed. The more the agenda is forced, the stronger the resistance to the agenda because people do not want totalitarian regime. Examples of forced agenda include using college courses to promote liberal stances rather than teach a course from an unbiased perspective,

3.) Politicizing science: Also known as weaponizing science. This is a major red flag. Once an ideology starts to weaponize science, you know their intentions are not benign in nature. When an ideology politicizes science, it distorts facts in an effort to rationalize their extremist opinions. The most susceptible sciences to politicization are usually behavioral sciences like psychiatry, psychology, sociology etc. it’s very common for the liberal/progressive elements within these fields to attach all sorts of labels to people of opposing political views. It’s also an appeal to authority fallacy.

4.) Attacking religion: Many totalitarian regimes were or are known for persecuting a religion or religion in general. Prior to persecution, it started with vocal hostility towards it. Scapegoating is the common type of hostility towards religion, when people of a certain ideology starts to blame all of the world’s problems on religion.

Communist regimes are notorious for persecuting religion

5.) Scapegoating: When an ideology vilifies a certain group or groups of people, you should know that’s a precursor to persecution. Throughout history, when an ideology scapegoated a group, it usually culminated in persecution. A current example of scapegoating is how the radical liberal/progressives who frequently attach the label of “privileged” to Whites, Asians, males, Christians and conservatives/traditionalists.

6.) Censorship: Censorship is very common amongst totalitarian regimes, it is one of the main methods used to keep the masses under control. Websites like Quora and YouTube are notorious for censoring anything they think is “politically incorrect”. Examples of censorship are how Quora removes conservative content and frequently bans conservative users. YouTube also practices censorship by removing videos and removing the ability to comment on and share certain videos.

“What good is free speech, if you are unable to speak?” Mmmmmmphf! Mmmmmpf!

7.) Intrusive and domineering: One of the most frightening signs of a totalitarian agenda is when an ideology or social movement starts to intrude and try to control the life of their opponents. They’ll stalk, harass and try to ruin the reputation of anyone who does or says something they don’t agree with. An example of this domineering attitude is when the radical liberals/SJWs take things out of context(strawman) and unjustly label people as “racists”, “Sexists”, “homophobes” in an effort to ruin their reputation and careers.

8.) Violent: This should be obvious, any movement that is violent usually has a totalitarian agenda. Antifa is one of these groups that are violent and will attack anyone that disagrees with them, even groups that are supposed to be their allies.

Antifa goons
Antifa goons

9.)False dichotomy: Totalitarian regimes have a “You’re either with us or against us” mentality. And it’s also common amongst many ideologies and social movements that only tolerate supporters, nothing else. But it's usually the radical liberals who use false dichotomies to promote their agenda.

10.) Bigotry/intolerance and forced uniformality: The inability to accept differences from different groups, is a very frightening sign of a totalitarian agenda indeed. Every totalitarian country throughout history set mandatory standards that each citizen had to meet. Nowadays, movements like antifa, 4thwave feminism and the Green Party all promote radical standards and vilify anyone who doesn’t adhere to them.

11.) Hypocrisy: Many totalitarian ideologies, are known for being hypocrites for not practicing what they preach, especially communist countries. Nowadays, Antifa and the 4th wave feminist movement frequently show that they don’t practice what preach by doing the same things they claim to be against.

12.) Dividing the masses: divide and conquer has worked throughout history to bring down mighty nations and install new leaderships. Stirring the pot is how certain movements provoke conflict between between various groups. For example, radical liberals in recent years have a tendency to provoke conflict by causing distrust between the sexes and also distrust between the classes. This division puts society at the risk of being taken over by one of the movements.

A slogan people seem to ignore
A slogan people seem to ignore

13.) Clashing with culture: Totalitarian regimes are notorious for suppressing cultural practices they consider to be opposite of the regime’s ideals. Whether it be viewing certain movies, publicly listening to certain songs, publicly practicing certain religions, dressing a certain way in public, heavily restricting what you can buy or sell etc. Totalitarian regimes control all that. Antifa and 4th wave feminism are notorious for their attempts at changing the culture of the countries it’s members reside in.

Pretty much shows how ridiculous and dangerous the antifa movement is.

14.) Misinformation: Biased sources in totalitarian regimes are used to spread misinformation to keep the masses dumbed down. But social movements with totalitarian agendas also use biased sources like Huffington post, CNN and others to misinform the masses as well.

15.) Sycophancy and fanaticism: When people refuse to question their own social movement/ideology, that’s when you know the people in question are under control of the ideology. You often wonder how those people can even support the ideology even when the ideology is doing things that are morally questionable. This is because the people in question have been successfully brainwashed, defeatists and or think they can get special favors in return for their servitude. Examples of sycophants are who suck up to antifa and 4th wave feminism.

Yeah, that’s disturbing.
Yeah, that’s disturbing.

16.)bandwagoning/sheeple: When people willingly seek out something just because it’s the cool thing do, those people are known as “sheeple”, a sign that the people in question have bought into the propaganda of the social movement/ideology. And anyone who doesn’t guy into it, gets ostracized.

17.)Trying to change the government: This is perhaps the most obvious sign on the list, when an ideology/social movement tries to change the government, you know they have a totalitarian agenda. Groups like Antifa, Commuinst party USA and 4th wave feminism all desire to change the government in some way and not in a good way.

Antifa neo commie punks
Antifa neo commie punks

18.)Opportunism: The way totalitarian regimes take control of countries is taking opportunities when they see them. When an ideology or social movement matches all or most of the signs on this list, you can almost be certain they wouldn’t hesitate to take advantage of an opportunity in order to gain power.

19.) Attempting to influence other countries: Much like totalitarian regimes that exported influence outside of their borders, many social movements today like to spread their influence to other countries that have different stances. And if the countries resist the influence, the social movements try to paint the country as being oppressive and evil, which is ironic. Examples of ideologies exporting their influence are Communist expansion during Cold War and how currently radical liberals vilify conservative countries in East Asia and Eastern Europe just for having different ideals.

Communist expansion during Cold War
Communist expansion during Cold War

20.) Conclusion: Totalitarianism is never a good thing, it’s always accompanied by oppression, cruelty, fear, violence, hate, domination and other negative effects. Which is why it is important to speak out against an ideology whenever you see any signs of proto totalitarianism. The best way to stop totalitarianism is to prevent it from gaining power in the first place.

Fortunately most people have finally learned that totalitarianism in any form is evil and thus are standing up to proto totalitarianism by publicly exposing the totalitarian agendas of extremist groups like antifa and it’s allies.

Member of the Patriot prayers standing up to antifa
4
32

Most Helpful Guys

• Exterminatore
    I mostly agree. Fascism for example tends to be totalitarian by nature. I don’t necessarily see that as a bad thing. I’d love to see all left wing ideologies banned. Granted there are very few examples of a fascist government that has not gone out of control and done horrendous things, I don’t see why in the future a country couldn’t be fascist and leave out all the things that have tended to accompany fascism, for example death squads and racism. That said, I’d love to see the ability to practice and teach leftist philosophy to others eliminated. We used to call many of the things leftists are in favor of evil! Now we call those evils a difference of political opinion and have removed objective morality from the issue.

I also have no issue with an us vs them mentality. There are certain ideologies I agree with and others I don’t. I’m not interested in holding hands and agreeing with leftists or leftists doctrines. This idea of all inclusiveness the liberals are so quick to preach doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t advocate violence towards anyone, but I certainly won’t nod in agreement with leftists either.

In regards to “liberals.” Here in America as far as I’m concerned they are Bolsheviks and communists. They like calling themselves progressives. Progressing towards what? Some nameless shapeless goal? No! Progressing further left towards communism.

Is this still revelant?
    • ADFSDF1996

In my opinion, communism is worse than fascism.

• Absolutely it is. I’d consider myself to be a moderate fascist.

• Now one thing I wanted to add. I love America. I love our system of government. I’m absolutely enamored with the concept of liberty and freedom. Strange for a fascist I know, but that freedom drove me to fascism. See the problem is this. With freedom comes great responsibility. Self discipline and sound judgement are to be applied. If you indulge in freedom to the max without restraint, you end up with hedonism. That’s how are society is. Hedonistic and degenerate. There are now 27 different genders according to SJWs, men can apparently become women and having 2 daddies or 2 mommies is becoming somewhat normal. The list goes on and on. What this has shown me is we can’t handle freedom and communist dick sucks end up using our freedoms against us to promote their agendas. This is why I’m a fascist. I say we need to cut back on freedom in order to stabilize society. Otherwise society will collapse. I’ll include a video that is about 12 min long about fascism. I think this guy is right on point.

https://youtu.be/hD0WmDuuwXA

Most Helpful Girl

• Kas19
    I stopped reading after the first one. I guarantee whatever you were about to say afterwards was also going to be pulled put of your ass. You're disgustingly misinformed and you reaaaaallly should attempt to educate yourself rather than looking at Facebook propaganda ;)
    Is this still revelant?
    • ADFSDF1996

There you go making a strawman argument and an appeal to the stone. In other words you have no real argument.

• patrickjvv

That's not a strawman. At best you could call that an ad hominem.

• Look at the dislikes lol

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

330
  • goaded
    Robert Reichs, in 1997. "... anger and disillusionment is easily manipulated...", like you're trying to do with this take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7M_ZyefPqw
    • ADFSDF1996

There you go again using a strawman argument.

• goaded

OK, so you offer up a Gish Gallop of 19 points and one conclusion. Obviously, nobody's going to argue every one of them with you, so pick any one and we'll discuss whether it's a more reasonable description of the left or the right. Your choice.

• ADFSDF1996

It’s not a Gish gallop and they can be used to describe groups on both sides of the political spectrum but currently it’s the radical liberals that match those descriptions, that’s just the way it is. I don’t expect you to understand until you actually start thinking critically and quit showing signs like points 15 and 16 on this list. Look at the flaws of your political ideology before criticizing others.

• RetroAlpha
    Literally every line of this is the pot calling the kettle black. Look at your side with a deep, critical eye. That goes for everyone.
    • ADFSDF1996

Why don’t you look at your side first?

• ADFSDF1996

Your premise is both a false dichotomy and a sweeping generalization.

• RetroAlpha

I said "that goes for everyone"... that includes all sides.

• HungLikeAHorsefly
    Meh. Just regular Right-wing rantings.

The one point I take particular exception to: you don't get to deny scientific facts that don't fit your worldview and go accuse others of politicizing science. Reality doesn't work like that, son.
    • ADFSDF1996

@HungLikeAHorsefly Congratulations on proving my point. May I remind you that you get to promote opinions as facts.

Do you even know what an appeal to authority is boy?

• ADFSDF1996

*you don’t get to promote opinions as facts.

• Yep. I know what an ad hominem is too, little guy. I'm impress you're familiar with informal fallacies at all, though. Very impressed. Didn't think folks like yourself were capable of that level of critical thinking.

You're right though. I don't get to promote opinions as facts. Fortunately for me, there is overwhelming evidence for damn near every one of the scientific truths Conservatives choose to deny. But you wouldn't know anything about that.

• Waffles731
    Ann Coulter literally promotes Fascism
    My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism.-Ann Coulter.
    • ADFSDF1996

Did she actually “promote fascism” or is it simply her political opponents taking things out of context?

• Waffles731

No that's literally a quote of hers that says her libertarian friends are being pansies

• ADFSDF1996

How does that correlate with fascism? Besides she’s not libertarian, she’s republican.

• jacquesvol
  • alvincasey
    Thank you for admitting you are a fascist in your comments.
    I had a feeling you were after a paragraph or two into your mytake. You should have included that in the beginning just to frame it correctly for everyone.
    • Dude, grow up and quit embarrassing yourself. Point out where I admitted to being a “fascist”.

• My bad, that was to your butt buddy "exterminatore". Which you had no problem with an admitted fascist.

• Everything you mentioned fits the Trump supporters/evangelicals/KKK members perfectly.
      Fuck ANTIFA. They are an extreme group that happens to agree with the left

• HereIbe
    We get it, you're a right-wing totalitarian who is trying to tell the world that all totalitarians are leftists.

You're still just another totalitarian piece of shit.
    • ADFSDF1996

Ad hominems and hasty generalizations aren’t valid arguments.

• HereIbe

You mean, like the hasty generalizations you used to ONLY portray the left as totalitarian, Herr Hitler? Or are you more Signore Mussolini or Senor Franco?

• ADFSDF1996

Reductio ad hitlerum

Should I start calling you comrade Stalin?

• The1Guy
    Pretty good list. But the warning signs where there a long time ago. Democracy always turns totalitarian. It's like a law of nature. A better question is what to do about it, since this new wave will be almost global. I say we need to find ways to counter it through education that promotes global unity without damaging individuality.
  • MackToday
    Yes people are waking up. They've been yelling "Nazi" and "racist" as loud as they could for a very long time while posting away on twitter about how much they hate certain people and about killing people. Basically the commie stink has gotten so bad now they can't cover it up anymore by talking about peace love and flowers. "You're a Nazi but I'm a saint, I just happen to be waving a hammer and sickle around for some odd reason.
  • Steffy33
    I always thought it funny when I find out that people actually think like that and they are not joking either
    • ADFSDF1996

Think in which way?

• Steffy33

See the above post to which my answer was posted

• ADFSDF1996

You mean what I wrote?

• Prior to 9/11/2001, what our nation has become since then would have been unthinkable.
    How many people still remember what freedom felt like?
    Why do so many not only accept, but support, the actions our government it taking to enslave us?

www.globalresearch.ca/.../5676839
  • UncleJessieRabbit
    That is what makes me so terrified to be living at the beginning of my life during this time. I don't know if I can survive, I just wish we can get people together, whoop their asses, and be done with so we can focus on making society a great place again.
    Once totalitarian, no going back. Not for the rest of my lifetime anyway. I don't want to live the rest of my entire life under such totalitarianism, what should I do?
    • ADFSDF1996

Don’t worry too much about it, I don’t think a Totalitarian regime will ever take over the US. I can’t say the same for Europe though, many European countries already have very limited freedom of expression.

• My personal sentiment also applies to Europe anyway.

• Lliam

Totalitarianism has already taken over in the U. S. 9/11 was the beginning and the American people are just sitting on their hands.

Prior to 9/11/2001, what our nation has become since then would have been unthinkable.

www.globalresearch.ca/.../5676839

• FatherJack
    Good take , however both sides are pawns for those that are playing the " Divide and Rule " game , an unhappy , divided populace is far easier to manipulate and control , and the " sheeple " part is bang on target , esp in uni's , where the ONLY viewpoint acceptable is the Cultural Marxist one. ANTIFA are just a bunch of noodle armed , brainwashed wimps , that cannot fight without numbers and weapons... they are a joke !!
    • It is all about making order out of chaos but these dumbed down GAGers are too dense to see it like we do.

• Evil_Chuck
    Excuse me while I yawn. Nothing new here at all, no genuine insight here at all; just one side of the aisle accusing the other of authoritarianism. Hate to spoil any Saturday morning cartoon-style fantasies of one side being mostly right and the other being totally wrong, but it's all bullshit. Both modern liberalism and modern conservatism have become toxic, useless, intellectually bankrupt, and a liability to the democratic values they claim to represent.
    • Gee I guess you were born retarded weren't you?

• Lliam

You summed up my thoughts nicely, Evil_Chuck. Well said.
      When I first started reading the original post, I thought it was going to contain truthful information. Some of it was accurate. But I soon realized that it was trying to make an ideological point. I skimmed through the rest. It seems to have been written by a neo-John Birch Society dummy who has no idea what's really going on in this country.

• @Lliam Look at this country they brainwashed left wingers so bad that they want to give away their guns and they want full on socialism and you think nothing is wrong with that?

• No_Archons
    It is actually disturbing to me how many of you dismiss this right off the bat!

YOU FUCKING SHEEP!
  • Cokebottle
    and yes, for your republicucks out there, this means trump
    • ADFSDF1996

Radical liberals are worse.

• Cokebottle

no, republicucks, kill. WE DONT

• ADFSDF1996

Republicans don’t do that. But radical liberals are too busy trying to control everything.

• Someguynamedbob
    Lol feminism does every single one of those things to a T
    • ADFSDF1996

Yes, Feminism does have a totalitarian agenda.

• zagor
    Seems a bit lopsided. You didn't mention regimes at the other end of the spectrum.

And I hardly think people like Ann Coulter are paragons of virtue.
  • hellionthesagereborn
    My only criticism of this is to point out that you point to the left, I would warn that you acknowledge that right NOW its the left. I feel like when we focus on one groups failings we start to forget our own and that's how you end up becoming the very thing you fought against (I'm seeing seeds of it on the conservative side of things (like for instance your not really allowed to criticize Israel if your on the conservative side, or your considered an anti-Semite (which is no different then when the left accuses any one who questions Islam as "islamaphobic" same tactic. If we allow ourselves to develop that mentality then you will find your side morphing into the enemy of freedom and truth.). Otherwise I would agree with this.
    • Identity politics is a problem of both sides.

• @ericclayton I think its starting to be a problem on the right but it is overwhelmingly left right now. I would like to mitigate all identity politics, if not get rid of them outright, but that's why I pointed out that we need to be cautious not to let things slide on the conservative side simply because some one else is doing it more often or to a more sever degree.

• The neocons tend to embrace Jewish identity politics. The alt-right embraces white identity politics. The left promotes identity politics of all sorts.

It's all cancerous, and symptomatic of collectivism, which is essentially a form of totalitarianism.

• up_64
    This reminds me of one group.. oh yeah they radicals left that dominates mainstream media
  • StraightOuttaHades
    Liberals not only dismiss the warning signs they want socialism and gun control the things that will make this happen there is no hope because liberals are simply brainwashed in the worst way possible.
  • thomual
    Did you actually write all of this?

I like that you took a conservative, anti-liberal slant to this argument. But I actually have to strongly disagree.

You equate totalitarianism and tyranny. This is a bastardization of the English language and makes you guilty of the same labeling tactics that liberals use to push the tyranny you describe.

Totalitarianism does not necessarily mean tyranny. What if the monarch or Dictator was benevolent?

Also this is supposed to be a Q and A app. Not a propaganda microphone. Especially when you havnt even written the material yourself.
  • patrickjvv
    This is some extreme mental gymnastics.

So all those actual authoritarian countries in Eastern Europe and Asia, they're the real victims. Yes, that's right. Did you guys know that if you don't like regimes that oppress people, you're a proto-totalitarian.

This whole post is exercise in cognitive bias. How does one reconcile being against indoctrination, yet criticizing religious dogma is hostile.

I also love how the worst RADICAL LIBRUL movements you mention are antifa, "fourth wave feminism" and Green Party. Antifa is a marginal group? "fourth wave feminism" is just, what exactly? And one is a legitimate political party. Thank Jesus, the West is saved if that's what we're up against. Meanwhile an actual totalitarian party, United Russia, controls most of the Russian legislative branch. But let's not talk about that.
  • humanearth
    Your are so right. Facebook been main steaming it for the last 10 years. Now they push censorship to higher level by blocking people and groups.
  • Landshrk0068
    I'm glad I left America when I did. Don't get me wrong, I still care about what happens there, just didn't want to be there when the shit hits the fan.
    • You kidding me? If it happens in America it happens everywhere you are not anymore safe out of the country.

• MarketData
    Interesting take, but if you think the real threat to democracy comes from Antifa and feminists you fell for the misinformation and you're one of the sheeple.
    • No_Archons

obviously the threat originated overseas, mr. marx was not our friend, but antifa and feminism are products of cultural marxism, you understand this to be true, yes?

• MarketData

@No_Archons Whatever you want to call them they are just part of the phoney liberal/conservative conflict. The real struggle is between the have and have nots, the ruling elite versus the people. Everything else is just a distraction.

• No_Archons

Surre, but knowing the details does help. The left are the pawns ushering in totalitarian rule right now, and regardless of who is behind it, we need to shift public opinion so that we as a society dont beg to have our freedoms taken away even further by the manipulative elite.

• young_old_soul
    You nailed it. Anyone who associates with or supports the antifa terrorist group should be sent to Gitmo for life.
  • Smegskull
    This would be way more impactful if you decontextualised it from feminism/antifa/etc. I get that they are prime examples of this but it just comes across as finger pointing and detracts from the point.
  • Secretgardenblood
    Good take
  • Logorithim
    Excellent and cogent analysis
  • Britantic
    Good take and a deserved thumbs up
  • Thatsamazing
    Oh honey. You're special.
  • NoToriousROB
    Let’s thank socialism for that