The Republican party is the home of real feminists now.

Twinrova

Real feminists do exist in the moderate left and the majority of the Republican party. The quintessential feminist is someone who believes that all people - including females - are created equal, and therefore deserve the same rights, freedoms, and treatment under the law. The groups mentioned above do believe in this principle.

Today, many people who brand themselves "feminists" on the progressive left want a different kind of equality: the equality of outcome, but only where it benefits women. For example, they want affirmative action to push more women into the stem field; their logic is that we need an equal amount of men and women in the field, otherwise it’s sexist. But then why is it the case that they don’t want to bring up the number of women in other fields, such as in brick laying? Why don’t we say the Justice system is sexist because men occupy the majority of prison cells? Why don’t we have affirmative action for male nurses?

The reality is, today’s “feminists” are actually female supremacists. They want the state and institutions within to implement programs and laws that elevate women while diminishing men. Equality of outcome that is applied in this arbitrary manner clearly detracts from the equality of treatment under the law, as laws are established to always help one group at the expense of the other. True feminists constitute the majority of people in America. The feminists I am haranguing are thankfully a minority, but unfortunately they are loud, and their autistic clamor carries a lot of weight in our institutions.

3
9

Most Helpful Girl

• MzAsh
    I see what you’re saying in a way, but my problem with the Republican Party is that they lean towards conservative and traditional values that dont consider women’s interests nearly enough as they should. Any party that generally votes against a woman’s right to choose abortion, I’m not going to support.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Twinrova

Why? Both parties tell you what you can and can't di with your body in an effort to protect others all the time. For example, I can't use my body to get behind a wheel and drive while I'm drunk.

• Twinrova

Anti abortionists aren't against the freedoms of women; rather, they are against the harming of other persons.

• MzAsh

I think that’s a rather disingenuous way of looking at it. Especially when I’ve seen far too many anti-abortionists show their true colors by slut shaming women.

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

28
  • 1truekhaleesi
    Hmm no thanks. Democrats suck too but at least they'll me get an abortion and it was Democrats that allowed me to surgically remove both my fallopian tubes as a form of permanent birth control.
    • Twinrova

Why is prohibiting abortions anti-feminist?

• Because forcing a woman to go into labor when it's unwanted is a war crime and I can do whatever the hell I want with my body. You can legally take someone off life support when they're brain dead (beating heart but no brain activity) but people get upset over abortion. Go figure. n

• Twinrova

I can't even discern the argument you're making because you're all over the place but I'll do my best.

1. No. You cannot do whatever you want with your body. We prohibit people from doing all kinds of things with their body when ot puts others at risk. For example, you are not free to use your body to shoot me in the face.

2. With brain dead people you are saving them from a horrific state from which they will not return. You aren't saving a baby from anything by aborting it.

• 8lutty
    with them men dont even have the right to crack sexual joke with women, about women, any man does that will be accused of treating women as sex object, i guess with them if the topic is about running instead of sex, men will be accused of treating women as sport object, lol, they always thinking that men are disrespect to them.
  • chc0009
    I'm for real gender equality. If those women want equal rights, fine, but they need equal responsibilities. Don't expect to have your cake and eat it too, ladies.
  • Thatsamazing
    This was... fascinating to read, to start my day. It was like watching a housefly perpetually try to escape a jar, not realizing that it can't.
  • SuccessfulHornDog
    I love seeing conservative female candidates for any position
  • Jltakk
    Tulsi was attacked by her own party for being an independent woman of color. You can't stray from the Democrat hivemind when running for office.
  • You’re a fcking laugh.
    • Twinrova

Why?

• OddBeMe

Do Republicans want to expand women's rights? No. Equal pay act? No. Birth Control coverage? No.

• Twinrova

Women and men share the same rights. To add more rights for women would be to make them more favorably treated under the law; that isn't equality. You are advocating for female supremacy, not equality.

Equal pay act is laughable. Women are not paid less based on their gender, which has been confirmed by multi-variant analyses. Do your research before coming at me with this crap, while further embarrassing yourself by calling me an idiot while you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about.

• Browneye57
    Reasonable. By why do you give a shit? LOL
  • Anonymous
    supporting abortion is not feminist
  • Anonymous
    I will agree with everything you said about modern feminists. Your characterization of them as female supremacists who try to elevate women while (and by) diminishing men is spot on.

But I do not agree that most of us are feminists, because that implies true feminism is about equality, and that is not true. Feminism has always been extremely gynocentric, and no movement that places the interests of one gender above the other will every truly be about equality. The modern feminism we see today, which is obviously sexist, toxic, divisive (and still extremely gynocentric), is what happens when a movement that is ostensibly about equality but focuses on a single gender is allowed to persist for many years after it accomplished its goals.

We need to let feminism die and take its place in history books and stop trying to make it out to be some noble equality movement. It was never about equality, and never will be. We should all fight for equality, but we should not do it from a gynocentric platform.