Stay at Home Dads. Not that crazy.

Robertcw

It is often said, in old times men were the providers. The hunters, the bosses etc. Which I can actually understand. But today is different from then, today we aren't really allowed to hunt for our own food without permits and driver's licenses, and taxes, and jobs to pay for all that crap. And health insurance, and a computer or cell phone, and a cellular or internet bill and a rent payment or a mortgage payment or a down payment ETC. (Wtf right?)

None of that stuff relates to anything male people needed to do in the old times. In fact, arguably it all requires the exact opposite skills. No surprise then that women are doing better in 'modern schooling' and in the workforce too if you look at people under 30. All this modern structure, it slows men down tripps them up frustrates them and so on and so forth.

But it seems great for women, provides a handicap so to speak by alternative ways of getting food and shelter besides athleticism.

It is logical, then, that women become the primary breadwinner of modern society and men relax into caregiver roles -- free from the burden of modern structure and gunk that clogs everything up, so to speak. I, for one, would love to be a stay at home dad. I think it would be a fantastic and amazing experience to do nothing but love and care for a little copy of me and a person I cared about. And, no driving to and from work, no dealing with bosses and assholes on the job. Sounds great if you ask me.

Stay at Home Dads. Not that crazy.

Of course, obviously I do think that things like breastfeeding can only be done by the woman and are extremely important. Which seems to be a problem. In our modern world we're heading towards a crazy contradiction and lack of ability. Lack of ability in men to fulfill market desires/demand and a lack of time for women to fulfill market desires/demand and child demands.

Lots of high skill positions sit vacant today because of a shortage of qualified workers, especially engineering jobs. Because math is hard (and annoying). But also because modern schooling and social structure also make it difficult for anyone but the women to be allowed to move on to the next steps that lead to actual work in high skill positions in the first place, which, again, sounds fine with the only exception being breastfeeding and possibly the 9 months of pregnancy. It seems as though simple hunting would be much easier and more efficient than sitting in a cramped desk for hours each day with someone trying to teach some abstract material for years at a time to then only drive to and from a work place in traffic and report to a person you may or may not even like, to potentially be treated poorly by such and such, to then be taxed on your eventual pay and fork up at least 30% (before taxes) (40-50% after taxes) on overpriced rentals and/or property taxes. So this sounds a little bit like a rant in some ways, but I don't think it is wrong. Being a stay home parent sounds pretty great, however it is sliced. But only because modern society has become oppressive to the point of, I think, verging on ridiculousness in some ways. Which is probably why a lot of young guys in impoverished areas turn almost immediately to drug dealing and gangs as a way to bypass the whole system with illegal income sources. But I suppose for the rest of us, being a stay home dad isn't so bad, either. Only problem is how to become a dad when you say you want to be a stay at home dad before you have any kids. Seems like this would be seen as a turn off in our modern dating world (which is also a big contradiction we're heading towards).

Stay at Home Dads. Not that crazy.
4
7

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

47
  • MzAsh
    I wouldn’t mind my husband being a stay at home dad, but I don’t think it would be all that easy. You have to submit to the kids needs and they’ll dictate a lot of your time. Plus there’s cooking and cleaning that needs to get done when you get the chance. You must run them to dr appointments, school, etc. It’s not like you’re just sitting around babysitting.
    • yofuknutz

Yeah no kidding! Oh wait that's me. Single dad.

• MzAsh

It’s really interesting to me how a lot of these other guys are literally saying they’d rather die than be a stay at home dad, then they wonder why feminists don’t want to.

• Alpha4U

men and women are nit the same. you just dont get it...

• Xoxocutekitty
    I'd love to have a stay at home dad.

You know why married men succeed in the career world? Because they get to come home to a hot meal, they don't have the think about laundry, or kids doctors appointments, or going to the grocery store, and buying the wrong cheese and having your kid have a meltdown because it's the wrong cheese and then your partner not believing you.

At work,, you don't have to waste 20 minutes figuring out how to convince your smartass toddler how to put on a jacket AND shoes 3 times a day everyday for like 4 years. You're not held accountable if your kid runs into old ladies using walkers at the park or points and calls people ugly (even if it's quite true). You are also not a slave to a tiny bladder and stepping on tiny Lego spikes all day.

Did I mention the screaming? Children scream like no body's business. They scream when they want attention, when they are hot, when they are angry, when they are itchy, when they need to take a poop. Sometimes they just like the sound of screaming.

I would love having the after work shift from 6- 9pm and Sunday morning to get a subscription to a hallmark family. Lol. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Jk. I believe in two working parents and alternating live in inlaws until the kid can go to preschool. I think both parents should split being on-call and respecting each others time. Even a stay at home spouse should have set 'income' for their service to the family unit. Stay at home parents deserve a fixed salary and PTO from their breadwinner partner. 'Nuff said.
  • I was unemployed for over a year while I finished graduate school. I stayed home amd took care of the kids. They were in middle and high school by then but it was a lot of fun and I was absent for such a long time because I used to work a lot it was nice to be able to help them with homework, go on field trips, take then different places and see their athletic games.
  • jaybee281
    we value a woman for her nurturing skills - And we absolutely don't give half a fuck about her career - we just don't say it - on the other hand - almost all women either date a guy who already is doing things or if younger (18-24) then they date (long term) the guy who has potential in his career - how did we get away from the common sense idea that men and women are different is beyond me - on second thought I'm actually gonna write this as my opinion as well. And just sayin she might use the guy for a few years while she's in the "working of my career" state but make no mistake about it - she'll see herself as superior to him soon enough and she'll break it off..
    • jaybee281

Forget about that "on second thought.." sentence I didn't bother deleting it as I copied it

• Hispanic-Cool-Guy
    Stay at home dad = cuck who will get disrespected and most likely cheated on.
    • yofuknutz

I guess time will tell

• Elsa143

So you're indirectly saying that is what happens with stay at home moms. I agree.

• jaybee281

@Elsa143 not really - we value a woman for her nurturing skills - And we absolutely don't give half a fuck about her career - we just don't say it - on the other hand - almost all women either date a guy who already is doing things or if younger (18-24) then they date (long term) the guy who has potential in his career - how did we get away from the common sense idea that men and women are different is beyond me - on second thought I'm actually gonna write this as my opinion as well.

• If that's what he wants and its financially viable go for it
    • Funny seeing the "alpha" guys getting riled up about a guy being a stay at home dad

• MzAsh

There are no alpha men here lol. It’s really interesting to me how a lot of these other guys are literally saying they’d rather die than be a stay at home dad, then they wonder why feminists don’t want to do it either.

• Rattling the Hornets nest comparing pure alpha men to feminists lol

• What has this world come to. I would die rather than live a life like that.
    • yofuknutz

I concur many are look at the white man statistics in America the suicide rate for middle-aged men is extremely high

• Fuck America and the niqqers there come to Europe where you guys fucking belong.

• yofuknutz

I would consider the Czech Republic because of gun rights and transportation. I wonder if most people speak English there

• Djaay
    I've done both with providing and share \ rearing 10 children in my lifetime so far. Men need to be men regardless of societal extremities. Women should do they're fair share of mothering and caring as well. Stop with the stupid ideology's of gender wars. F... n complaining about your idenitys and responsibilitys. Step up to the plate men and women. Nothing worse than a woman who isn't a woman of purpose of her intentional design and that goes for men also. TF is wrong with you'all?
    I'm not being traditional , I'm speaking of purpose.
    Funny how people are when they don't have a livin God in they're sky.
  • No thanks
  • Alpha4U
    Low value men. Yikes.
  • Anonymous
    One requirement for me to want kids is actually if the man wants to take a lot of the responsibility of childcare. If I do ever get a job that is payed well enough for an income for a whole family, I would consider it, but I think it is unlikely. But he could maybe just have a part time job.
    I have actually mostly dated men with low demanding jobs (and therefore also low payed), because they often have a lot more time and energy to put into a relationship.