Stay at Home Dads...Not that crazy!

Robertcw

It is often said, in old times men were the providers. The hunters, the bosses etc. Which I can actually understand. But today is different from then, today we aren't really allowed to hunt for our own food without permits and driver's licenses, and taxes, and jobs to pay for all that crap. And health insurance, and a computer or cell phone, and a cellular or internet bill and a rent payment or a mortgage payment or a down payment ETC. (Wtf right?)

None of that stuff relates to anything male people needed to do in the old times. In fact, arguably it all requires the exact opposite skills. No surprise then that women are doing better in 'modern schooling' and in the workforce too if you look at people under 30. All this modern structure, it slows men down tripps them up frustrates them and so on and so forth.

But it seems great for women, provides a handicap so to speak by alternative ways of getting food and shelter besides athleticism.

It is logical, then, that women become the primary breadwinner of modern society and men relax into caregiver roles -- free from the burden of modern structure and gunk that clogs everything up, so to speak. I, for one, would love to be a stay at home dad. I think it would be a fantastic and amazing experience to do nothing but love and care for a little copy of me and a person I cared about. And, no driving to and from work, no dealing with bosses and assholes on the job. Sounds great if you ask me.

Stay at Home Dads...Not that crazy!

Of course, obviously I do think that things like breastfeeding can only be done by the woman and are extremely important. Which seems to be a problem. In our modern world we're heading towards a crazy contradiction and lack of ability. Lack of ability in men to fulfill market desires/demand and a lack of time for women to fulfill market desires/demand and child demands.

Lots of high skill positions sit vacant today because of a shortage of qualified workers, especially engineering jobs. Because math is hard (and annoying). But also because modern schooling and social structure also make it difficult for anyone but the women to be allowed to move on to the next steps that lead to actual work in high skill positions in the first place, which, again, sounds fine with the only exception being breastfeeding and possibly the 9 months of pregnancy. It seems as though simple hunting would be much easier and more efficient than sitting in a cramped desk for hours each day with someone trying to teach some abstract material for years at a time to then only drive to and from a work place in traffic and report to a person you may or may not even like, to potentially be treated poorly by such and such, to then be taxed on your eventual pay and fork up at least 30% (before taxes) (40-50% after taxes) on overpriced rentals and/or property taxes. So this sounds a little bit like a rant in some ways, but I don't think it is wrong. Being a stay home parent sounds pretty great, however it is sliced. But only because modern society has become oppressive to the point of, I think, verging on ridiculousness in some ways. Which is probably why a lot of young guys in impoverished areas turn almost immediately to drug dealing and gangs as a way to bypass the whole system with illegal income sources. But I suppose for the rest of us, being a stay home dad isn't so bad, either. Only problem is how to become a dad when you say you want to be a stay at home dad before you have any kids. Seems like this would be seen as a turn off in our modern dating world (which is also a big contradiction we're heading towards).

Stay at Home Dads...Not that crazy!
12
25
12Girl Opinion
25Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• Xoxocutekitty

I'd love to have a stay at home dad.

You know why married men succeed in the career world? Because they get to come home to a hot meal, they don't have the think about laundry, or kids doctors appointments, or going to the grocery store, and buying the wrong cheese and having your kid have a meltdown because it's the wrong cheese and then your partner not believing you.

At work,, you don't have to waste 20 minutes figuring out how to convince your smartass toddler how to put on a jacket AND shoes 3 times a day everyday for like 4 years. You're not held accountable if your kid runs into old ladies using walkers at the park or points and calls people ugly (even if it's quite true). You are also not a slave to a tiny bladder and stepping on tiny Lego spikes all day.

Did I mention the screaming? Children scream like no body's business. They scream when they want attention, when they are hot, when they are angry, when they are itchy, when they need to take a poop. Sometimes they just like the sound of screaming.

I would love having the after work shift from 6- 9pm and Sunday morning to get a subscription to a hallmark family. Lol. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Jk. I believe in two working parents and alternating live in inlaws until the kid can go to preschool. I think both parents should split being on-call and respecting each others time. Even a stay at home spouse should have set 'income' for their service to the family unit. Stay at home parents deserve a fixed salary and PTO from their breadwinner partner. 'Nuff said.

LikeDisagree 4 People
    Is this still revelant?
  • MzAsh

I wouldn’t mind my husband being a stay at home dad, but I don’t think it would be all that easy. You have to submit to the kids needs and they’ll dictate a lot of your time. Plus there’s cooking and cleaning that needs to get done when you get the chance. You must run them to dr appointments, school, etc. It’s not like you’re just sitting around babysitting.

LikeDisagree 12 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • yofuknutz

Yeah no kidding! Oh wait that's me. Single dad.

• MzAsh

It’s really interesting to me how a lot of these other guys are literally saying they’d rather die than be a stay at home dad, then they wonder why feminists don’t want to.

• Alpha4U

men and women are nit the same. you just dont get it...

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous

In some situations, this makes total sense and couples do this successfully.
    However, we're told statically that women say they like the idea of stay at home dads but do not respect them as partners.
    But regardless.
    In egalitarian countries, we still see natural tendencies if women towards teaching and health care, men towards stem subjects. Women still like babies and want to raise them. They may be successful in their careers before children, and want to return to it afterwards. Or they may decide to embrace their children.
    Many, it seems in the US, raise children alone for whatever reason which is to the detriment of their children (they do worse statistically).
    So ideally, a mother needs a partner to support them.
    You are not redundant in the work place. You do have something to offer yourself, and potentially a partner. If you choose otherwise, well it's your life, you can live as you choose.

Is this still revelant?
  • jaybee281

we value a woman for her nurturing skills - And we absolutely don't give half a fuck about her career - we just don't say it - on the other hand - almost all women either date a guy who already is doing things or if younger (18-24) then they date (long term) the guy who has potential in his career - how did we get away from the common sense idea that men and women are different is beyond me - on second thought I'm actually gonna write this as my opinion as well. And just sayin she might use the guy for a few years while she's in the "working of my career" state but make no mistake about it - she'll see herself as superior to him soon enough and she'll break it off..

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • jaybee281

Forget about that "on second thought.." sentence I didn't bother deleting it as I copied it

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1023
  • KneeDragger

First off, gangbangers peddle drugs because they don’t have their real birth fathers at home. Fathers play a huge role in the raising of their own children!

As a stay-at-home father I’ll speak about my experiences. My wife and I had the talk of who wants to stay home with the kids while the other one works. We decided that because she was a teacher, if she stopped teaching then she would lose her credentials. Before we got married and started a family, I had a traumatic motorcycle wreck and lost use of my Right arm. Anyway, on a teacher’s salary we have been very, very blessed to make things work. After this spring our youngest will start school in the fall, obviously, and I’ll start working in my own business.

We don’t have a HUGE house where each child has their own room and a matching bathroom, but we are not living in a mobile trailer either. We save our money and live at less than we can afford. Neither one of us has gotten sick so that is another area where we are blessed. We don’t have cable and the only bills are water, sewer, internet, two cell phones and of course no one gets out of taxes.

My wife loves teaching so that helps. We will probably work at jobs the rest of our lives, or at least a good portion of our lives, but there is something good in earning a paycheck to bring home.

Reply
  • Apple1996

Haha 😂 you're ridiculous for thinking being a stay at home parent is easy. Like sure you dont have real bosses and dont gotta drive to work but kids are little mini bosses. They get to pick and choose how your day works, zero breaks so no time to eat lunch or dinner. Only time to live is when they're sleeping and by then your so tired you can't even get up. And yeah the driving is all day long. School drop offs and pick ups, constantly going to the store for BS shit they need and many many doctor appointments. I can say that I easily drive much more in a day then my husband does going to work.
    Just saying all this since you seem to think it's all great staying at home. I think most men truly don't have the patience to stay at home with the kids. I'm sure there are a select few that could deal with it but overall staying at home is more for women.

Like 4 People
    Reply
    • It’s definitely not easy but it’s easier you get to see the results that you work for you spend time with the most important people in the world and get to create a stronger bond my wife will s still pregnant but so far it’s looking like she’s gonna be the stay at home not gonna lie I’m pretty envious of her

• Apple1996

@Jesus_is_the_guey I've been a stay at home mom for the last 6 1/2 years. It is much harder than a real job. My husband is off work on the weekends and sometimes complains about how he can't wait for Monday to come so he can get out of this crazy house

• Depends on the kids I guess some kids are easier than others and a lot of parents don’t discipline their kids these days which leads to a hectic household not saying you guys are like that every situation is different, like for me work would be harder since my work place is so toxic people quit all the time fights sometimes physical happen and in one instance a knife got pulled but yea I don't know to me it would be plausible that it would be harder but it would definitely and undeniably be more rewarding but like I said my wife’s still pregnant so I guess imma have to see till my baby girl comes

• CurlyGirl42

One requirement for me to want kids is actually if the man wants to take a lot of the responsibility of childcare. If I do ever get a job that is payed well enough for an income for a whole family, I would consider it, but I think it is unlikely. But he could maybe just have a part time job.
    I have actually mostly dated men with low demanding jobs (and therefore also low payed), because they often have a lot more time and energy to put into a relationship.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Ditto626

I would love to be a stay at home dad but I don't see that being possible because with the economy you need two incomes to get by and I'm certainly no trophy so I need to provide a contribution (my salary) to the relationship to be wanted.

Reply
  • devilish-cutie

All is peachy until you said that being stay at home parent is easy. LOL
    Thsts exactly wrong with gender roles thing where "womens work" id always easy. You should first try it and see. Any job you do can be hard or easier dependong on weather you are good at it and how much you like it. Id never be stay at home mom, id go nuts. Id rather go to war, bye. But thats just me and my personality. So lets not downgrade any job. Also it doesn't have to be extreme as he is at home, im going to work, there is also the thing called split work. Where we both can have jobs and both do house chores and taking care of kids.

LikeDisagree 6 People
    Reply
    • Susjsm

All men who do it say it's easy. Because it is

• @Susjsm I don't know any guy that is stay at home parent

• exitseven

I was unemployed for over a year while I finished graduate school. I stayed home amd took care of the kids. They were in middle and high school by then but it was a lot of fun and I was absent for such a long time because I used to work a lot it was nice to be able to help them with homework, go on field trips, take then different places and see their athletic games.

Reply
  • mistixs

Well studies show that most stay at home dads leave most of the housework to be done by the mom when she gets home from work, so it's a pretty unfair arrangement in practice

LikeDisagree 2 People
    Reply
  • Browneye57

Good luck with all dat. Just don't be surprised when she wanders off with CHAD THUNDERCOCK. :)

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Robertcw

😆 Please. I can be that guy too, if I really put the effort it. I'm not super tall but I'm capable of being a pro athlete regardless. I have the know how and genetics for strength building, speed and agility. I've an athlete all my life up through college aged years. I can hang with those guys if I try as hard as they do.

Would I be trying that hard I don't know.

• You make too many excuses. Sorry. Be ALL MAN ALL THE TIME. And never forget, YOU ARE THE PRIZE! So start acting like it.
      Your woman depends on you for this. Don't be a beta-cuck.

• KrakenAttackin

Women very quickly lose respect for the stay-at-home-dad. I have seen this many times.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • wonderfulstation404

lol God forbid me being a stay at home dad...
    seriously no one needs any explanations here on why he should't be a stay at home dad or (simp dad).
    God please just let me just catch my son trying to be a "stay at home dad"...

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
  • NikolaiIvanov

What has this world come to. I would die rather than live a life like that.

LikeDisagree 4 People
    Reply
    • yofuknutz

I concur many are look at the white man statistics in America the suicide rate for middle-aged men is extremely high

• Fuck America and the niqqers there come to Europe where you guys fucking belong.

• yofuknutz

I would consider the Czech Republic because of gun rights and transportation. I wonder if most people speak English there

• OliviaOfTheScots

If that's what he wants and its financially viable go for it

Like 2 People
    Reply
    • Funny seeing the "alpha" guys getting riled up about a guy being a stay at home dad

• MzAsh

There are no alpha men here lol. It’s really interesting to me how a lot of these other guys are literally saying they’d rather die than be a stay at home dad, then they wonder why feminists don’t want to do it either.

• Rattling the Hornets nest comparing pure alpha men to feminists lol

• ItsMeItsMe1989

for a while, my dad was a stay at home dad

but, eventually he started working, and my mom got her own business, working from home, so she could take care of me AND work, at the same time

pretty cool, eh?

Reply
  • GrimmGothBabe

My dad was the one to stay at home and raise us while our mom worked so its normal to me. However I like staying at home and teaching my kid loving him. I also think tho that men should have the same opportunity to see their child in that light instead of coming home getting a few hours if lucky and going to bed. Overall I think the hours of work demand make it impossible for the breadwinner to be home at all its crazy. It may just be me but I think the ideal is both the mom and dad work a few days the week and trade off staying at home with the kid so both parents get the ability to be there as a kid grown but also get the break from the kid. Being a 24hr a day stay at home parent can be mentally exhausting and believe me time without kids is essential at times.
    I know my hubs dislikes that he doesn't get to see our son enough but he also believes im better at teaching and handling our kids needs so I think some people just don't have the temperament for it.

Reply
  • Jack9949

Well. This is a white woman’s dream. Too bad for them that me and @notarobberyet have ZERO interest in simping out for them while they DEMAND equal pay at their own jobs.

Reply
    • Jack9949

I mean its nice that you want to be close to your kids brother but that just ain’t the biological role of a man.

• Hispanic-Cool-Guy

Stay at home dad = cuck who will get disrespected and most likely cheated on.

LikeDisagree 7 People
    Reply
    • yofuknutz

I guess time will tell

• Elsa143

So you're indirectly saying that is what happens with stay at home moms. I agree.

• jaybee281

@Elsa143 not really - we value a woman for her nurturing skills - And we absolutely don't give half a fuck about her career - we just don't say it - on the other hand - almost all women either date a guy who already is doing things or if younger (18-24) then they date (long term) the guy who has potential in his career - how did we get away from the common sense idea that men and women are different is beyond me - on second thought I'm actually gonna write this as my opinion as well.

• CallmeTheKnight

It's not that crazy, but what's valuable about you? Other than cooking, taking care of the kids, taking care of the house, making repairs... What would make your future wife see a benefit of you staying home while she brings home the bacon?
    The notion of staying home is fine when you need time to relax and bond with the family for missed time, but, for me, I would never do such a thing as staying home. It's 2021, everyone works and opportunities are nearly endless for careers. Why is this even a topic

Reply
  • scott04sa22

I would adopt a child but I don't mean to requirements because I don't drive

Reply
  • Aiko_E_Lara

I don't mind being a stay home dad as long as i am a retired person with multiple businesses running. We can both be stay home parents if she wants.

Reply
    • Being a stay home dad and not making any income while my wife is providing everything is not my style

• Susjsm

Women excell at education because they get extreme special treatment a fact that's been proven by countless of studies.

Reply
  • Show More (13)