Is Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer Deeply Problematic?

I couldn’t post the original Twitter video from huffington post, so I had to grab this from YouTube.

2650

Most Helpful Girls

• WTF can y'all feminazi stop with this honestly. I understand why but it was a differnt time and why its such a nice story becuase they accept him so stfu

• What does it matter when it was made? Its still accurate of todays society, bullies, exploitation, and abuse are real. 90% of it in this movie was shown as being bad hence why the main character felt like shit.
      People just dont like seeing reality lol

• 2d

jesus, this too now? Did you hear how Baby it's cold outside has been banned from multiple radio stations because of metoomovement? The metoomovement has legit reasons and has helped call out bad men. But people who think the song is anything like harassment or blackmail, etc are idiots and need to listen to the song again. Stupid.

• 2d

Where i lived people stopped playing that like 5 years ago

• I think it’s a great movie. It teaches reality. Not everyone is going to be accepted. People are going to judge you based off appearances, and you will be picked on. The lesson to be learned from Rudolph is that no matter what other people think, all that matters is what you think of yourself. It teaches that love comes from inside you. It teaches that you can be different, but that different can be good. It teaches that everyone has something they can do. Everyone has a gift. It even teaches you that you can find people that will accept you, and love you in spite of your flaws. Rudolph and the elf that wants to be a dentist become friends because they’re both outcasts in society. They both are strange to others, but it’s their strangeness that makes them special.

Most Helpful Guys

• As a left-wing myself I don't see the problem with the animation at all. The animation shows the audience that Rudolph gets bullied for being different and that bullying isn't acceptable. It also shows that Rudolph later on saves the day and teach the other reindeer to respect him. The story has a good message in it and it seems like someone has overlooked it.

• Oh for fuck sake the world is falling apart. It was meant to come off that way, the father was meant to be a bigoted asshole, the bullies were meant to be hated, etc. People get outcast for being strange, unfortanately it happens, cancelling shows that include outcasts will not fix this, it will simply remove their ability to relate to characters. Imagine being a child bullied for being weird, the story explicitly shows you that while things might be shitty for a while, you can probably find a way to use your weird trait as an advantage and be a better person for it, and far stronger because of what you went through. "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." -Emperor of China, Mulan.