Super Bowl droughts of 25 and 50 years and why the winner should cherish it so greatly

Exorcist_Rampage

I will discuss the 2 teams meeting in Super Bowl 54, starting with the more recent title winners of the 2: the 49ers, then the Chiefs. I will explain why it is amazing one teams' drought is double the other team's drought.

San Francisco 49ers (last title: 1994 season (January 1995), 25 years ago)

The 49ers including the playoffs are 15-3 and all 3 losses were in the last 5 seconds. Their 1st loss was with 4 seconds left in overtime, in which the Seahawks made a 43 yard yield goal that barely snuck inside the right upright narrowly avoiding a tie game. Their 2nd loss was with 3 seconds in regulation, in which the Ravens made a field goal from about 30 yards, losing by 3 points. Their 3rd loss was to the Falcons, in which Julio Jones caught a touchdown pass that barely broke the plane of the goal line. Yes, the 49ers were in all their games with a chance to win.

Kansas City Chiefs (last title: 1969 season (January 1970), 50 years ago)

The Chiefs including the playoffs are 14-4, winning their last 8 games (6 regular season, 2 playoffs). Patrick Mahomes has led them to massive score outputs. In many of these games, they started off slow and finished big. it is good to know you have the offensive firepower to come back, even while trailing by double digits. While it is hard to keep depending on this to occur, it does boost a team's confidence knowing they only have to step up one time and play pretty good defense to have a shot at the ultimate glory of winning the Super Bowl. The Chiefs seem to be over the playoff past woes.

Prediction

49ers 27, Chiefs 26. Yes, I think the 49ers will win the Super Bowl by 1 point and their defense will make just enough plays to keep the Chiefs offense in check.

Conclusion

It is amazing how the story lines stacked like it did, featuring such long droughts of exactly a quarter of a century and exactly half a century. Yes, the year of the season (2019) is what I'm going by. The 49ers last won in January 1995 and the Chiefs last won in January 1970. This is awesome and thanks for reading!

1
1

Most Helpful Guy

• jamesgoldman
    Yeah... it gonna be close
    That makes placing a bet harder but I am tettering towards the 49rs as I made and won a few bets during the main season
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

10
  • jessicarosen
    Great take. But I think both teams definitely have a shot at returning this year and in the seasons to come.