Why do people seem to be obsessed with taking selfies?

call me old fashioned but like I've never really gotten what the hype is about when it comes to the constant need of taking selfies or even just making a bunch of posts on social media to let everyone know what you're doing (I'm not claiming that every person does this). like why do people see it as important to put their whole lives on the internet for random people to know about it? is it just a way of people wanting to glorify themselves or feel better about themselves or something? I mean yes I am on a social media thing this very moment (G@G, its all I care to have) and I don't care about people seeing what I look like or delving into every part of my life besides just the music I work with..

2388

Most Helpful Guy

• My picture of me is there because someone suggested I do it. I'm not a selfie kind of guy. I hate them too. Hate them so much. I find it a little arrogant to think you look so good that you want others to know that you feel like you look so good that you have to show them how good you look. When I was in a relationship, I never liked our commented on her selfles and I never wanted to take a picture with her (I still can't figure out why I'm single (sarcasm)).
    Maybe I'm a bit too old fashioned, but I don't care for people seeing my face, and I'd change mine back to the old man it used to be if a friend on this site didn't get on me about it.

• many people have asked me to put my face as my profile pic. but I never do it I just put up a band artwork or some musician so it could confuse people and make them look closer to see if its me or not lol

• Perfect. Real easy to confuse them when a lot of the good rock and roll stars dressed like girls. I saw a Guns n Roses music video and I went "oh, she's kinda cute"... I was looking at Axl Rose. I made myself laugh so hard.

• lmao and let's not forget Motley Crue.. I swear the singer at one point looked like a male version of Cherie Currie of The Runaways lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Because its a trend, people do what others are doings cause they don't want to feel left out. Sometimes it for self validation, if people show that person that they care what they are doing then it makes them feel good about themselves as well as important. Its possible that they may not feel like they are noticed in their personal lives very often and wish they were. But yeah a lot people do it for glorification. Honestly i never hoped on the trend, im not photogenic and don't care much for photos.