Halloween Holidays !!! How this White Queen will be spending it.👻👽👺💀☠🦍

Halloween Holidays !!! How this White Queen will be spending it.πŸ‘»πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΊπŸ’€β˜ πŸ¦

For those of you don't know what Halloween or all Hallows Eve is a religious festival in the Christian calendar year on the 31st of October and is one day of the Triduum of Allhallowtide which consists of All Hallows' Eve 31st October, All Saints' Day 1st November and All Souls' Day 2nd November. Trick or Treating also takes place as does dressing up in costumes. I'm honestly so so so excited. So here's what I will be doing over the Halloween period.

1. Going to Mass & Praying

The three days off the dead holy days observances so I will be going to Mass three times. Catholics are encouraged to keep a vigil on all Hallows eve as well as to pray for lost souls, to the saints, for deceased relatives and for all the deceased relatives in the name of Christ. All Saints' Day is a holy day to honour all the saints and martyrs. All Souls day is the commemoration of all the faithful departed.

2. Making Toffee, chocolate & caramel Apples.

Making Toffee or chocolate or caramel Apples. Is rather easy and kids love it. They are better made on the day in my opinion as the stick causes the Apple to rot. Here's a quick easy BBC recipie.

Place the apples in a large bowl, then cover with boiling water (you may have to do this in 2 batches). This will remove the waxy coating and help the caramel to stick. Dry thoroughly and twist off any stalks. Push a wooden skewer or lolly stick into the stalk end of each apple.
Lay out a sheet of baking parchment and place the apples on this, close to your stovetop. Tip the sugar into a pan along with 100ml water and set over a medium heat. Cook for 5 mins until the sugar dissolves, then stir in the vinegar and syrup. Set a sugar thermometer in the pan and boil to 150C or 'hard crack' stage. If you don’t have a thermometer you can test the toffee by pouring a little into a bowl of cold water. It should harden instantly and, when removed, be brittle and easy to break. If you can still squish the toffee, continue to boil it.
Working quickly and carefully, dip and twist each apple in the hot toffee until covered, let any excess drip away, then place on the baking parchment to harden. You may have to heat the toffee a little if the temperature drops and it starts to feel thick and viscous. Leave the toffee to cool before eating. Can be made up to 2 days in advance, stored in a dry place.3.

3. Dressing up.

Dressing up or guising is a long standing Halloween tradition. This year I'm going to go for the wicked witch with fake nails, green skin, fake nose, witches hat, broomstick and the works. Been practicing my cackle too lol. I prefer to dress up as something on Halloween rather than the risque costumes other girls wear on Halloween. I save the kinky outfits for my fella in the bedroom lol.

4. Making Jack-o'-lanterns.

Jack-o'-lanterns have a long centuries old history of being made here in Britain though being made of Turnips not pumpkins to ward off evil spirits. Its the Americans who started making Jack-o'-lanterns out of pumpkins and if you've ever tried to carve a turnip it's not hard to see why. Jack-o'-lanterns get their name from the mysterious lights seen in bogs all over Britain, also known of the will o the wisp. Last year I went made with making Jack-o'-lanterns as Pumpkins in Asda were going cheap, serious waste i will have to look up American pumpkin recipes because I've no idea how to cook a pumpkin.

Pumpkin Jack-o'-lanterns are not too hard to make, you cut off a whole at the top scoop out the insides with an ice cream scoop and carve a scary face into it. I recommend drawing the face before carving. Then put a Candle in it. Simples.

5. Trick or Treating.

Trick or Treating is a very American term that's kind cemented itself here though we have an older history of it here called Halloween begging or guising going from door to door, children would go door to door begging their neighbors for a β€œSoul Cake”. In turn, they would say a prayer for those neighbors’ dead saying,
β€œA Soul Cake, a Soul Cake, have mercy on all Christian souls for a soul cake!”

Yes I know I know I'm too old to go trick or treating though my younger sister says I'm so short that I could be mistaken for a 12 year old in a costume (not cool you bitch), she and I will be taking our nephews and nieces and possibly some of their friends door to door. I live answering the door to trick or treaters with all their cute costumes.

6. Playing Halloween games

There are all sorts of games you can play on Halloween such as bobbing for Apple's which is just a basin filled with water and apples the goal being to pull an apple out with your mouth with your hands behind your back. Then there's Snap Apple which is basically just an apple on a string you have to try to bite into. There's also telling ghost stories but nothing scares children these days what with movies and all. There's also BairΓ­n Breac which is a fortune telling game involving loaf with items baked into the dough and your given a slice which tells your future such as ring= marraige, a stick= unhappy marriage, a coin= wealth, a holy medal = becoming a priest or nun. Im sure there are loads of other games I dont know about.

7. Partying

Halloween is usually a great night for partying so I will probably head out on the Thursday to meet my big lad at a club at 11 or 12, clubs usually only get going around then. I'm finally legally able to go to a club & buy alcohol though it never stopped me before. I know a few people that are hosting house party's during the weekend so it should be a fun few days. If you see a witch doing the monster mash all night it's possible that its me.

8. Visit the graves of beloved lost relatives.

We nearly all mourn for someone we've lost, we visit the grave of a loved to honours their memory. It shows that their life had significance on Earth that is not forgotten at least not by you. To me it is spiritua being on hallowed ground , a place of peace& source of comfort where contemplation and prayer are so natural.

9. Leaving a Candle in the Window for the dead.

This is an old tradition may be you do it to. Basically a lit candle is left to burn all night in the window during Halloween in remembrance to a deceased relative and as an invitation to enter. During the three days of Allhallowtide espicially on the night of October 31 it is believed by many that the barriers between this world and the next are weakened, that the ghosts of the dead (among other thing) returned to earth. So leave a Candle in the Window & you might get reacquainted with someone you used to know.

10. Watch some Scary movies.

There are so many scary movies out there these days. Halloween, Paranormal activity, the grudge, the evil dead poltergeist, the conjuring, cabin in the woods, the exorcist, the exorcisn of Emily rose, insidious. I watched the Lovely Molly last year, OMG so scary.

11. Eating far too much Candy

Well we know how this goes, there's always far too much Candy around to tempt you lol and you can never eat just one. Like the kids when given the choice between some healthy apples or nuts I'm going to choose the candy.

12. Spend time with my family

We don't really feast but we do have three good meals as a family together. So I'm just going to be spending a lot of time chilling with my family.

13 November 5th

Doesn't really count as part Halloween but but Monday the 4th is a bank holiday here and the 5th is a holiday. I like the 5th of November I enjoy the bonfires, parades and fireworks despite Guy Fawkes day having a history as an Anti-catholic celebration where in some places in England papal effigies alongside the guy are paraded through the streets by people carrying torches put on a bonfire and burned. Thankfully it's mostly secularised and there's no more Anti-catholic violence that once went along with Guy Fawkes night, it's very inclusive these days. If your a tourist in England I would reccomend Gut Fawkes night.

Hope you enjoyed this my Take, i know its a tad early but Happy Halloween from this White Queen.

#HALLOWEEN #HAPPYHALLOWEEN

#Allhallowtide #AllHallowsEve

35
8

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

Most Helpful Girls

• That sounds awesome :-)

I don't hate you just cause you were mean to my friend (@SpiderManFan2002). As long as you're not attacking her or being racist, I don't mind posting nice comments on your stuff.

I like Guy Fawkes as far as historical figures go.

Check out the All Hallows Eve and Season of the Witch Magic cards. The artwork is amazing. What do you think, @Orangeandturquoise?

Is this still revelant?
    • She was mean to me and racist too all because I refused to be silent about the grooming gangs gang raping young white girls. She even posted a mean bullying question about me that the admins deleted.

• goaded

Did you see the series, I think it was called Gunpowder, with the actor who played Jon Snow in Game of Thrones? He is related to the character he played.

• Sounds so fun! I’m having a Halloween weekend with my best friend and her daughter the weekend before Halloween. Then I’m spending Halloween day with my grand nephew. We will be making cookies, mummy hotdogs and maybe some carmel apples.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• zagor

In both the colleges I attended, Halloween was a big deal. At one of them they would have mounted police on the streets to control the crowds. At the other one, it was a big day for psychedelic substances.

Now I stay home and hand out candy; last year had 4 kids.

Sounds like you have a full schedule though.

Is this still revelant?
    • 4 kids? We seem to get about 400 minimum

• zagor

Wow.

In the neighborhood where I grew up, my parents didn't get any trick-or-treaters last year. When I was a kid, there would be 70 or 80 minimum there.

• MannySimms

It's the basic Pagan new year. I'll be partying with my ancestors, which is the original intent of the holiday.

Is this still revelant?
    • Pretty sure pagan new year is the winter solstice in December🀣

• MannySimms

Nope. It's Halloween. Logical thinking though.

Google it.

633
  • Exterminatore

It all sounds great except the going to mass part. I used to be Catholic but I have many grievances with Catholic doctrine.

I see no point to pray for the dead and lost souls.

Scripture says this:

β€œTherefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:”
    ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So, if we are alive, we are in our bodies, but if we belong to the Lord and are deceased then we are with him. If this is so then once one dies their eternal destination is fixed. Where they are they are and no amount of prayer can change that. Those in heaven don’t need our prayers as they are in sinless paradise where there is no suffering and those in Hell cannot be helped. So I see no reason to pray for the dead or the lost souls who have departed.

What do you think of this?

However I think it is good you intend to devote some time to prayer and God.

Honestly sometimes I miss being Catholic but I have too many doctrinal issues with Catholicism and I do not like the pope or how the sex abuse scandal has been handled, not to mention several issues in the past, so I cannot be Catholic.

• Nxtawm

Sounds fun, seems like you really love Halloween πŸ˜„ It is a really fun holiday
    I don't think I'll be doing as much as you lol I'll probs do some pumpkin carving with friends, maybe wear a casual costume for the school day and for sure I'll be doing some community service asking for donations for a food drive. Gonna be eating a lot of candy too! ❀️

• LoU_Hades

I hope you will enjoy Halloween this year. It's not so popular in my country and I limit myself to buying sweets for the kids who ring on my house gate. All Saints on 1.11 is rather an exhausting day hence is 31.11 not a good day for parties.

• Shezadi

That GIF will give me nightmares and you are so serious about Halloween.

• goaded

The apple bobbing and snapping should be easier this year; at least all our apples came out bite sized. Nice take.

• lightbulb27

That's sweet to pray for others and glad you have fun with it.
    I'd skip the caramel/toffee, takes immune system down
    be careful with candle in the window... fires
    We need pic in witch outfit and video:)

• ILoveAnime

Oh nice. Here in Portugal it's not a holiday (only the next day, the known "Dia de todos os Santos" in my country or as most people know it "Dia de los muertos" but I'll probably do a horror marathon

• ObscuredBeyond

Most Halloweens were I live are lame. This sounds like a cliche, yet fulfilled list. If I got to chaperone kids, I'd wanna be Honkler this year. Just... not on a college campus. That'd be suicide.

• Hans222

Happy Halloween :D
    Sounds like some good plans!
    Halloween is not really a hype in Belgium, though in some places up to 10-15% of the people put a pumpkin in a visible place or do something scary.

• October808

Daenerys you sound like a lot of fun to be with on Halloween. Just don't burn any cities. :)

I will be here in this City With No Children on Halloween not eating any candy or handing any out.

I will be playing Layers of Fear though.

• IAMNathanael

At most I'll probably just dress up, answer the door and give away candy. I haven't really done anything awesome for Halloween in a few years.

• NightOwl8801

I'll be spending the evening with my girlfriend and her kids...
    Pumpkin carving while listening to Halloween music then we go trick or treating with them

• morrowlow

cool. sounds really exhausting though. these are a lot to do. we don't have Halloween here but whenever we have a holiday i'd rather kick my feet up and watch something and eat lots of food

• Will watch out for a wicked witch doing the monster mash lol great mytake

• Ronald_25

AHH, all hallows Eve. I shall be doing the above and more because I am Hindu. I shall cook my grandparents favourite meal and remember them as me and my family dine. I will also pay my respects to The dark Goddess Kali. As per my culture, she will roam the realms on the night of the dead and be as so kind to visit households paying respects to her.

In Hinduism the most feared entity is no demon, witch or god, it is Goddess of death.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali

• Ronald_25

There is a belief observed by some that chanting her prayers on a Halloween night provides you with protection from evil spirits, but in return, as she is from the spiritual realm, as a female, you are giving your consent for her "borrow" your body for the night for her "activities". Don't be surprised if you wake up with a mouth full of blood in and castrated men near you, it's just how Kali rolls 😎 difficult one to explain to the police.

www.google.com/search

www.google.com/search

www.google.com/search

• justawhiteman

Well have fun! I personally find Halloween to be kinda dumb so I dont celebrate it tho so

• Sweatyotterr

They should make Halloween just on every last Saturday of October it would be a lot more fun

• I'm working a 12 hour shift from 4 PM to 4 AM... That's about it.

• Danganronpa_senpai

You're always writing myTakes about stuff I couldn't care less about...

Stop inviting me.

• MisterSir

thank you for spending you Halloween holidays this way

• Exorcist_Rampage

I don't celebrate it.

You actually dress up in Catholic churches for it?

• Sevenpointfive

#10 my birthday is 10 days too early

• I donΒ΄t celebrate any of the holidays.

• Nice...

• Phoenix98

I'll be working lol.

• Iron_Man

Have fun Queen and follow me

• Iron_Man

Thank you for your follow 😊

• Massageman

Trunk or Treat at the local church.

• 1828avaava1828

Scary movies!! πŸ‘»

• motownplayer2000

Ok...

• Joker_

Somehow

• TBH it's just another day to me

• sounds interesting

• Rob171977

10 & 11

• just_legit1998

I wish Halloween was a holiday. πŸ˜‚

• sydneyboy

Cool stuff πŸ‘Œ

• Love this! Didn't know you're Christian toug

• Anonymous

1. Halloween is a festival of pagan worship that was adopted by the Catholic church.
    2. The role apples play in Halloween is that when you cut them in half crosswise, there's a visible pentacle pattern, which was sacred to the druids for whom the holiday had meaning.
    3. Dressing up is meant to confuse the evil spirits that roam. It doesn't work.
    4. Jack-o-Lanterns had to be lit with a candle made from human tallow to ward off spirits. They were left by Druids at villages who supplied them with a human female sacrifice.
    5. Who was the "treat" offered when the druids came offering to curse or save the village from the roaming spirits. These were typically raped and butchered.
    6. Apples again.
    7. The druids engaged in orgies.
    9. An invitation to all spirits, not just those you want to visit.

Bonfires - also a pagan tradition.

Demons don't know or care whether you practice these rituals innocently or not.

• Anonymous

I’LL BE DOING WHAT WAS NOT MENTIONED, WORKING...

• Anonymous

Nice take..