A Message to My Fellow American GAGers

A Message to My Fellow American GAGers

Last night was surely a shock to all of us. Many are happy with the decision that was made, many are not very happy with the decision that was made. However, we really should not be divided by whoever wins. I wish the best of luck to President Elect Trump and congratulate him. I would have done the same for Hillary Clinton. Although I did vote for Clinton I do respect the decision the voters made. I am not here to judge anyone no matter who or what they are and identify as such.

There is a lot of uncertainty, but there would have been too if Hillary would have been elected. But, I'm not here to talk politics I am here to say if you voted, you should be proud no matter who you voted for. We are all Americans no matter who is the president. I am proud of everyone who went out and voted. Those who campaigned no matter who they campaigned for, I am happy you let your voice be heard. Sometimes things do not go the way as planned. I know its hard to stay optimistic, but in order for us to succeed as a nation we need to stay strong and support one another no matter if they are straight, gay, Bi, Black,White, Latino, Asian, Jew, Christian, Muslim, woman, man, trans etc...

You might be scared of what is going to happen next; I'm not going to lie, I am too. But still we are Americans. We are human beings. We still need to treat each other kindly as such no matter who the President is.

A Message to My Fellow American GAGers

#StillproudtobeAmerican

#SupporteachotherAmerica

A Message to My Fellow American GAGers
4
4

Most Helpful Girl

• GirlNextBored
    Just to piggy back off of that.
    So many people are saying "He's not my president " and "I hope he fails". That's stupidity, because if he fails it harms YOU and YOUR country. I get you may not like him so rally the troops and vote him out in four years but you want him to do the best job possible while he is in there so he doesn't damage America. Openly hoping he does is just lunacy.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dred1614returns
    I can't believe these people. If Clinton had won, I would've been upset, but still accepted her as my president and given her the respect that her office deserves. The fact that many Clinton supporters won't accept Trump as their president shows that they have no respect for the country they live in, or what it stands for.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

33
  • Triss
    If I'm #AmericanAtHeart is that message for me too?
  • Thisperson98
  • ginny_weasley
    Well said but he still isn't my president and never will be.
    • enis_Penvy

This makes little sense.
      If you are an American he is your President even if you didn't vote for him. Saying he's not your President is just childish , immature, and wrong.
      And before you ask I didn't vote for him ether

• @enis_Penvy that's a positive outlook but Republicans weren't saying that when Obama was President. That's the hypocrisy of it all.

• enis_Penvy

You're use of hypocrisy is wrong in this example.
      But although Republicans were overly irritated that Obama was elected they weren't rioting in the streets.
      By not supporting him you basically guarantee he fails along with the US with him. I for one don't want to see my country fall on its ass the next four years so I plan on supporting him where I can and when 2020 comes up voting his racist behind out of there.

• NearlyNapping
    It's not going to stop because it's not really about this election. This election is nothing more that a symptom of a deeply divided country. That division is only getting worse. I don't see that changing just because the election is over.

People always talk about a government that is detached from the people. They talk about a government that is owned by corporations, where the people aren't represented.

But the people ARE represented. This particular president might not represent you specifically. Your Senator or House Representative might not represent you specifically. But the overall makeup of our elected officials represents the overall makeup of the people.

Government is divided because the people are divided. That's not changing.
  • Saoirse_Nua
    Well said
  • Adigelunar
    thats good!