Mollie Tibbetts Found, Suspect in Custody

Whatthefluff

As many of you are aware, Mollie Tibbetts was a 20-year-old college student living in Iowa. She was loved by many, very thoughtful, and very kind. She was also very funny and intelligent. She will be greatly missed.

Over a month ago, Mollie was reported missing. She was house-sitting for her boyfriend's sister and fiance in Brooklyn, Iowa, who were out of the country planning their destination wedding, when she went for a routine jog. Brooklyn is a very small town and cases like these never happen. Her boyfriend was miles and miles away at his construction job, a family business.

Her family became worried when her co-worker contacted them after she didn't show up for work. She was last seen jogging the evening before she was reported missing. She had her Fitbit and her phone on her.

While on the July 18 jog, a neighbor's security cameras recorded the encounter that led to her death. She was being followed by a man in a car. While he was following her, Mollie told him he would call the police if he did not leave her alone. Sadly, she wasn't able to do that as he blacked out and murdered her.

The suspect charged with first-degree murder is 24-year-old Christian Rivera. He is an illegal immigrant who had been living in the US for 4-7 years. He wasn't social and stayed to himself, very much a Boo Radley.

Her body was found in a cornfield, covered by cornstalks. The murderer led the police to the site.

Rest in peace to Mollie Tibbetts, who had such a bright future ahead of her. The best we can hope is that justice will be served.

33
13

Most Helpful Guys

• JudgmentDay
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...6-b772-3cb1407baa3a.jpg

More proof of existential risks that NOBODY CAN ABSOLUTELY BE CERTAIN what CAN or WILL HAPPEN to their own children throughout the entire course of their lifetime.

If somebody is in the wrong place at the wrong time, it would all be over for them just like that. There isn't gonna be any "rescue".

Even though the suspect is in custody, and even if the bastard pays for what he had done, and he should pay for what he had done, there's no bringing Mollie back because she's gone now. I can't imagine the horror, the grief and despair that one has to go through when they lose their own child to something so horrible and completely unexpected. It's like WHY THE FUCK YOU HAVE TO DO THIS? WHY?

As I said before it's a BIG FUCKING GAMBLE when new life is created and added into this world, it's the equivalent of playing Russian Roulette with somebody's future and well-being, YOU CAN NEVER BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO TURN OUT TO BE JUST FINE FOR YOUR OWN CHILDREN SHOULD AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO BRING THEM HERE INTO THIS WORLD. YOU ALSO CAN NEVER BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT THEY WON'T OR WILL NEVER DO SOMETHING SO FUCKING HORRIBLE AND TERRIBLE TO OTHERS.

@sugarchateau @Shimy @lizziepooh03 @boulshyte @menina Have any of you seen this yet?
    Is this still revelant?
    • You are exactly right, somebody was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The illegal alien was in the United States where he don't belong. He was in the wrong place and has remained here for the last 4 to 7 years. All illegal aliens need to go.

• Definitely something incredibly important to take under more serious consideration. Which would be very useful and wise, as of right now with our current status, to be patient and remain childless until we can better solve our current issues (to better suite future children, their needs and their environment).

• MrOracle
    Unpossible! "Undocumented immigrants" just want a better life! We should have open borders!

This is incredibly sad, and should have been preventable.

Every country or society has their share of criminals and even murderers - but the US has been importing them from other countries for decades, and that needs to stop.

I'm all for LEGAL immigration, with proper screening, etc., but this happens far too often. Two people I once knew have been killed by drunk, uninsured illegals and in both cases, the drivers escaped back over the border and got away with it. Countless others have only lost property (lots of stolen cars and car crashes in border states).

I feel for Mollie's family. There was another, much less publicized murder of a child by an illegal in California this week too.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Bottom line is that illegals need to be rounded up and deported case in point.

• Of course a feminist dislike this they have a nurturing and loving ways towards illegals but not their own children

• Oh right because they don't have any

Most Helpful Girls

• TrixiePooch
    I'm wondering if she fought at all or went to the cornfield on her own free will instead of fighting, screaming, biting, and kicking as girls are taught to do in self defense videos. You have to do that right from the start as it has been learned that after they have you in their control and take you away from the abduction point you most likely will not be coming back. They want to take you elsewhere so they can rape you and then kill you. So girls, fight back like your life depends on it because it does. They may tell you do as I say and you won't be hurt. That is usually a lie just so you will go along peacefully and at that point you are already dead so you may as well go down doing as much damage as you can. Grab balls, gouge eyes, bite where ever you can. Scratch, kick, and scream. Don't go down without a fuss that someone passing by might hear.
    Is this still revelant?
  • NatashaJ
    I have a feeling this creep because he is a creep he even said he wouldn't leave her alone because she felt something towards her. Probably attack and kill other white girls they should really get his DNA and put it in a database and see this fucker did something else to someone. I doubt this is the first time he harm someone and I don't know something tells me he must have a white fetish and when she said to fuck off he got mad because he thinks he deserves white girls or something. Evil piece of shit.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Why do you think he has a white girl fetish? What are you basing this off of?

• NatashaJ

he felt* and also this is why a lot of women don't feel comfortable going outside I don't sometimes because some guys are so fucking irritating and do things on purpose to make you uncomfortable as hell. They can't take no for a answer which is why I don't dress up unless it's a event some guys won't take the hint to fuck off.

• Alright

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1131
  • abc3643
    I am upset about this because this occurred in the Brooklyn IA area.
    When I got married 17 years ago, I stayed at the hotel at the intersection of I-80 and IA-21 right in the Brooklyn area. Such a nice area - so lush and green. Terrible that this happened to this girl.

I am a Liberal but not only do I agree with Trump on immigration, frankly, the USA doesn't need any more immigrants, PERIOD.
    • ElvenMr

Immigration from a certain part of the world* Or the amount of it..

• abc3643

@ElvenMr All of it. I want almost zero immigration.

I am not interested in:

""Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

I want to help the people already here yearning to find good stable jobs and help them achieve the American Dream which is slipping away for so nany who are already here.

• ElvenMr

I agree with that, i think immigration should be controlled and strictly regulated, which i thought it is already, but seems it's not really the case. Especially mass immigration should not be allowed. Tho with the USA it's a bit weird since, people migrated there for the American Dream in the first place.
      America is at least big, and has space for immigrants, for the most part..(afaik) unlike many European countries which are already so crowded and people usually don't like outsiders that much, no matter where they came from.

• Eva0002
    It's so fucking sad already, but so much more when you look at that picture. That's such a bright smile and it went out in a way like that.
  • ENTP_EMO
    Awww :(. But anyone else thinks it's weird that this story got THIS BIG?
    I think they have an idea of who it was within the first week or two but politics happen behind the scene. The media also have this information that's why making a big deal out of it. It's media psychology 101.

I'm pretty sure at least 10 people are missing since her...

:(
    • Just wait--it will drop into the LibMedia Memory Hole right quick now that the perp is known.

• TonyMetal86
    May she rip, instead of seeing her getting married, having kids and making a good family, she got murdered...

It's truly sad that her beloved ones can't hear her, can't see her smile and can't hang out with her anymore...

Her presence became absent but her soul is in a better place, he killed the body only and her soul will live forever...
  • NineBreaker
    That's horrible. What I'm wondering however: If her murderer was a citizen; whose ancestors came to American 5 generations ago, would that make her death any less tragic or preventable?
    • Every society has it's own killers. That's no reason to import other countries killers too. It is extra enraging considering he shouldn't have even been here... hence she'd STILL be alive without this scuz breaking into our country without being vetted and "INVITED" by the government.

• @Miristheiss Don't get me wrong. I am completely against illegal immigration. It's reasonable for us to vet out anyone who comes into the country. My family and I are among the lucky few who came here legally and became naturalized citizens, and out of personal experience, I can tell you, the government vets the living daylights out of you.

I was interviewed, finger printed, underwent a physical (I think), and I know they tested my blood, urine and a fecal sample. I got finger printed, photographed, and immigration had a certified and translated copy of all kinds of documents that prove that I am who my parents said I was. Even after that, after spending a few years as a permanent resident, I went through another round of vetting before becoming a naturalized citizen. The interview for naturalization was second only to an interview someone goes through to become a federal employee with a security clearance.

• My main concern however, is that the discourse often snowballs and goes off the deep end, where the very small proportion of undocumented immigrants who are violent criminals are lumped up with the many who (with the exception of illegally crossing the border), are not violent criminals; and some of them are very young children, and true refugees. It sometimes go as far as even criticize LEGAL immigration without truly understanding what it takes for someone to become a legal immigrant and often eventually a naturalized citizen.

• Robert_Toast
    Any time something like this happens, I think the Justice System needs to do its work to avenge a life lost too soon. I hope swift action is taken to severely penalize the person responsible for her death.
    • That rarely ever happens, even if he's sentenced to death and goes to death row, he won't be immediately executed, it could take a long time, even years before its him turn to be executed.

• @JudgmentDay It's unfortunate things work out that way. That said, there isn't anything that can bring young lives lost needlessly back. If only there was more that can be done. I do realize what I think should happen and what actually does happen don't typically align, so I'm not holding my breath.

• They don't allow harsh and cruel punishment here, unfortunately. Wish they just put him and others like him all alone in the middle of nowhere to fend for himself such as a far distant wilderness filled with deadly animals and creatures. Odds are they won't survive such a punishment and be nothing less than dinner for the wolves, the bears, tigers, etc. It would be giving them a taste of their own medicine for preying upon someone vulnerable and helpless. And people thought the current modern methods of execution is harsh?

• AngelicSin
    This is really sad, however I'm more worried about what will come after.
    And action like that will cost many problems in the society and in the politics because the murderer is an immigrant.

My best guess there is going to be many problems in US.
    • No, it wasn't an "immigrant". It was an "ILLEGAL immigrant". Big difference.

• There have been issues with immigration in Canada, the United States and in Europe. Cases like this will exacerbate political issues. Issues will invariably arise, whether or not anybody agrees with it is notwithstanding. It would be ideal if people only focused on issues of justice. The person in this case is said to be an illegal immigrant, so I think that should be a pertinent consideration.

• @Robert_Toast It doesn't help that the government doesn't do enough to distinguish between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration with the general public... and many times, I believe it's deliberate.

• Curmudgeon
    Another Illegal alien doing the "hit jobs" Americans won't do. >:-(
    • @jacquesvol And the lawyer is lying. :P

• www.breitbart.com/.../

"Officials with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency said a search of federal records reveals that Bahena-Rivera does not have a lawful immigration status in the country, indicating that he is, in fact, an illegal alien.

“A search of records by USCIS revealed Rivera did not make any DACA requests nor were any grants given,” USCIS spokesman Michael Bars said in a statement. “We have found no record in our systems indicating he has any lawful immigration status.”

Bahena-Rivera worked at Yarrabee Farms, a dairy farm in Iowa, after he used a stolen or fake ID and fraudulent Social Security card to land a job. The farm owners originally claimed they used E-Verify to check the legality of Bahena-Rivera’s immigration status, but later admitted that they did not use the system."

• englisc
    Yeah she was a really nice girl.
    • DamnMan

She's dead. Let it go.

• englisc

@DamnMan

No.

• Now THAT is sad Karma. Stupid Leftist Woman gets what she sadly deserves.

• KiaTate
    This is a sad situation but this kinda stuff happens a lot and it's not just "immigrants" doing sick shit like this. It's people who were born in this country doing the same thing that monster did to that woman.

• KiaTate

@NYCQuestions1976 still people who were born in this country doing the same thing. Th e only reason the media brought it up is because someone wants to build a wall.

• So because there are murders committed in this country by people that were born here that somehow makes this particular crime any less heinous or grounds not to talk about it occurring? No, the media brought it up because a woman was murdered. Building a wall wouldn't have traction as a story if we didn't have a problem with people coming here illegally.

• RegularTK421
    Any illegal alien that kills or rapes a US citizen, should recieve the death penalty. Other illegals should be deported. Illegal aliens should not be able to work, drive, own property, etc until they leave to their home countries and apply for an immigrant visa.
  • reptocarl
    And liberals want to just let illegals in and stay
    • So many more murders in America are committed by US citizens

• reptocarl

So that’s a reason for no borders?

• Surely

Give it time!

• sickz
    let it be a lesson for the ladies: threatening to call the cops could get you killed. skip the threats and just dial 911.
    • ElvenMr

I would say even that won't save you sometimes, better to just run.

• abc3643

Better: carry a gun.

• ElvenMr

@abc3643 I heard that carrying a strong enough pocket flashlight is also good, so you can blind the attacker first, then run, hah.

• WalterRadio
    Another murdered American thanks to Obama's immigration policies.
  • vishna
    Poor girl, he deserves to be thrown under the jailhouse. She had her entire life ahead of her.
    • Putting him under a jail isn't justice. Run over him with a city buss, that's justice.

• NightOwl8801
    Too bad you can't have old west style of justice now a days.
    Wouldn't be as much crime if someone met their gate at the end of a rope from a tall tree or the gallows
  • WhitePanther88
    Sad for the family and her boyfriend. Mostly sad for her to live through that terror and lose her life.
  • Logorithim
    How awful and senseless. Feel so terrible for her family.
  • ksoma
    I'm disgusted and sad, but not surprised.
    This was, tragically, how I expected this to play out.
  • BillieJean1070
    This is so sad. It cries for the death penalty but Iowa doesn't have one. Make it a hate crime and charge him in federal court and give him death!
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing this with us. RIP Mollie Tibbetts so sad she had her whole life ahead of her. Very well written MyTake of yours -Hugs-
  • ZeussLightningBolt
    I knew she was dead after a week had passed and they hadn't found her
  • LegateLanius
    Thank you for sharing. I feel sorry for her parents.
    • I said it so many times already about how big of a gamble it really is to put a new life into existence into this kind of a world. With joy comes pain. Now it has become a reality, it can't be changed or reversed, whatever had happened had happened and is permanent, even if they were to somehow execute the bastard for this horrific crime it doesn't bring the victim back. When somebody is in the wrong place at the wrong time, bad things are going to happen unexpectedly.

• That is really sad to hear... Well at least her parents can have at least some closure
  • ThisAndThat
    Blacked out my A**! He knew what he was doing and he is a prime example of why not a few, but every single illegal should be deported.
  • DamnMan
    So some illegal immigrant did it... I am wary of that.
    But it's still sad to hear about her death.
  • MrMysteryMan
    Fucking bullshit! This guy deserves a worser fate!
  • TheManOfQuestions
    Damn... I was not prepared to cry like this :(
  • Iron_Man
    Interesting my dear Watson interesting
  • jacquesvol
    If he did it, throw him in jail for life.
    • He needs to be put before a firing squad.

• @ThisAndThat I'm against all executions

• @ThisAndThat That's unlikely going to happen. When was the last time they ever reported somebody being executed by firing squad? Or even electric chair? These days it's typically either lethal injection or a sentence of life in prison.

• Eternallylucky
    Rest in peace, Molly
  • RedRobin
    Nice take
  • VixenRach
    Rip Mollie 😢
  • ThePundertaker
    Rip mollie
  • sunnyday35
    HM...
  • clampfan101
    News makes me ashamed to be human. :/
  • dianasteve
    he must be hang
  • Anonymous
    Great take
  • Anonymous
    and liberals want immigrants in the country lol
  • Anonymous
    how did he murder her?
    • That information hasn't been disclosed yet, but I'm guessing it was strangulation.

• More like WHY did he do it?

• He blacked out when he did it so I'm guessing a psychotic episode or something like that, possibly

• Anonymous
    That's sad
  • Anonymous
    What justice the guy doesn't even officially live here. Remember just 3 years ago an illegal immigrant murdered a young woman on an overpass in San Francisco. The man was not convicted and he still roams the streets of this country. Not citizen = no justice.