Mollie Tibbetts Found, Suspect in Custody

As many of you are aware, Mollie Tibbetts was a 20-year-old college student living in Iowa. She was loved by many, very thoughtful, and very kind. She was also very funny and intelligent. She will be greatly missed.

Over a month ago, Mollie was reported missing. She was house-sitting for her boyfriend's sister and fiance in Brooklyn, Iowa, who were out of the country planning their destination wedding, when she went for a routine jog. Brooklyn is a very small town and cases like these never happen. Her boyfriend was miles and miles away at his construction job, a family business.

Her family became worried when her co-worker contacted them after she didn't show up for work. She was last seen jogging the evening before she was reported missing. She had her Fitbit and her phone on her.

While on the July 18 jog, a neighbor's security cameras recorded the encounter that led to her death. She was being followed by a man in a car. While he was following her, Mollie told him he would call the police if he did not leave her alone. Sadly, she wasn't able to do that as he blacked out and murdered her.

The suspect charged with first-degree murder is 24-year-old Christian Rivera. He is an illegal immigrant who had been living in the US for 4-7 years. He wasn't social and stayed to himself, very much a Boo Radley.

Her body was found in a cornfield, covered by cornstalks. The murderer led the police to the site.

Rest in peace to Mollie Tibbetts, who had such a bright future ahead of her. The best we can hope is that justice will be served.

1333
Whatthefluff is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Unpossible! "Undocumented immigrants" just want a better life! We should have open borders!

This is incredibly sad, and should have been preventable.

Every country or society has their share of criminals and even murderers - but the US has been importing them from other countries for decades, and that needs to stop.

I'm all for LEGAL immigration, with proper screening, etc., but this happens far too often. Two people I once knew have been killed by drunk, uninsured illegals and in both cases, the drivers escaped back over the border and got away with it. Countless others have only lost property (lots of stolen cars and car crashes in border states).

I feel for Mollie's family. There was another, much less publicized murder of a child by an illegal in California this week too.

• Bottom line is that illegals need to be rounded up and deported case in point.

• @jacquesvol

"Yarrabee Farms, Rivera’s employer, issued a statement Tuesday night saying Rivera was vetted through the government's E-Verify system. However, a government archive does not indicate the Brooklyn, Iowa, farm as a participating member of the system.

On Wednesday, officials from the farm acknowledged they did not use the E-Verify system and that Rivera gave them false information."

• Yarrabee lying in their 1st statement, not in their 2nd?

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...6-b772-3cb1407baa3a.jpg

More proof of existential risks that NOBODY CAN ABSOLUTELY BE CERTAIN what CAN or WILL HAPPEN to their own children throughout the entire course of their lifetime.

If somebody is in the wrong place at the wrong time, it would all be over for them just like that. There isn't gonna be any "rescue".

Even though the suspect is in custody, and even if the bastard pays for what he had done, and he should pay for what he had done, there's no bringing Mollie back because she's gone now. I can't imagine the horror, the grief and despair that one has to go through when they lose their own child to something so horrible and completely unexpected. It's like WHY THE FUCK YOU HAVE TO DO THIS? WHY?

As I said before it's a BIG FUCKING GAMBLE when new life is created and added into this world, it's the equivalent of playing Russian Roulette with somebody's future and well-being, YOU CAN NEVER BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO TURN OUT TO BE JUST FINE FOR YOUR OWN CHILDREN SHOULD AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO BRING THEM HERE INTO THIS WORLD. YOU ALSO CAN NEVER BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT THEY WON'T OR WILL NEVER DO SOMETHING SO FUCKING HORRIBLE AND TERRIBLE TO OTHERS.

@sugarchateau @Shimy @lizziepooh03 @boulshyte @menina Have any of you seen this yet?

• @sugarchateau I very much doubt things are ever exactly gonna "better". We can only hope that it does not get any more worse than it already is.

• Why am i not surprised. It's just bad, that this mollie girl died. She seemed like an awesome woman judging from the photo and the brief description.
      But you're also right. if she did not exist in the first place, then she wouldn't die.
      I rather those murderers Kill some other degenerates instead like for example feminazis or other murderers or rapists than an seemingly awesome girl.

This junkie will go to prison for some years, then be released, then he will kill another one and the story repeats.

Generating life is 99% gamble and 1% self control aka self influence. Has been like that since the beginning of first multicells life.

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm wondering if she fought at all or went to the cornfield on her own free will instead of fighting, screaming, biting, and kicking as girls are taught to do in self defense videos. You have to do that right from the start as it has been learned that after they have you in their control and take you away from the abduction point you most likely will not be coming back. They want to take you elsewhere so they can rape you and then kill you. So girls, fight back like your life depends on it because it does. They may tell you do as I say and you won't be hurt. That is usually a lie just so you will go along peacefully and at that point you are already dead so you may as well go down doing as much damage as you can. Grab balls, gouge eyes, bite where ever you can. Scratch, kick, and scream. Don't go down without a fuss that someone passing by might hear.

• I have a feeling this creep because he is a creep he even said he wouldn't leave her alone because she felt something towards her. Probably attack and kill other white girls they should really get his DNA and put it in a database and see this fucker did something else to someone. I doubt this is the first time he harm someone and I don't know something tells me he must have a white fetish and when she said to fuck off he got mad because he thinks he deserves white girls or something. Evil piece of shit.

• Why do you think he has a white girl fetish? What are you basing this off of?

• Because I notice a lot of these type of creeps tend to have fetishes towards a certain race and be creepy towards them. My friend had a creepy white guy had a fetish for brown girls because they make good wives and tend to be virgins.

• In case you try to say I am being racist, no even white guys have weird gross fetishes same with white girls a lot of people don't like people who only dated them for their race it's weird and sometimes gross how they act.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 31

• I am upset about this because this occurred in the Brooklyn IA area.
    When I got married 17 years ago, I stayed at the hotel at the intersection of I-80 and IA-21 right in the Brooklyn area. Such a nice area - so lush and green. Terrible that this happened to this girl.

I am a Liberal but not only do I agree with Trump on immigration, frankly, the USA doesn't need any more immigrants, PERIOD.

• Immigration from a certain part of the world* Or the amount of it..

• @Rissyanne
      Of course I voted for Hillary although I would have voted for Bernie. And, no, she's not a criminal ALTHOUGH she did fuck up with the emails and should have been charged. However, for a crime, you need two components:
      1. Actus reus - a criminial act
      2. Mens reus - a criminal mind
      The FBI investigation determined she did not have mens rea which is why she was not cyarged.

This is unlike Trump and his father who, in 1973, actually had mens rea when they illegally discriminated against persons of color in their apartment rental practices. The Federal Government let them settle out of court. Just imagine if they went to trial; most likely they woukd have lost and Trump could not have run for office.

Anyway, I am done with this conversation and muting it.

• Do you really want me to bring up the history of the Clinton crime family? Bernie is just as bad... he endorsed her. He took it up the butt from her and turned around and smiled at her.

• Awww :(. But anyone else thinks it's weird that this story got THIS BIG?
    I think they have an idea of who it was within the first week or two but politics happen behind the scene. The media also have this information that's why making a big deal out of it. It's media psychology 101.

I'm pretty sure at least 10 people are missing since her...

:(

• Just wait--it will drop into the LibMedia Memory Hole right quick now that the perp is known.

• May she rip, instead of seeing her getting married, having kids and making a good family, she got murdered...

It's truly sad that her beloved ones can't hear her, can't see her smile and can't hang out with her anymore...

Her presence became absent but her soul is in a better place, he killed the body only and her soul will live forever...

• That's horrible. What I'm wondering however: If her murderer was a citizen; whose ancestors came to American 5 generations ago, would that make her death any less tragic or preventable?

• Every society has it's own killers. That's no reason to import other countries killers too. It is extra enraging considering he shouldn't have even been here... hence she'd STILL be alive without this scuz breaking into our country without being vetted and "INVITED" by the government.

• @jacquesvol well he’s your boy

• Any time something like this happens, I think the Justice System needs to do its work to avenge a life lost too soon. I hope swift action is taken to severely penalize the person responsible for her death.

• That rarely ever happens, even if he's sentenced to death and goes to death row, he won't be immediately executed, it could take a long time, even years before its him turn to be executed.

• They don't allow harsh and cruel punishment here, unfortunately. Wish they just put him and others like him all alone in the middle of nowhere to fend for himself such as a far distant wilderness filled with deadly animals and creatures. Odds are they won't survive such a punishment and be nothing less than dinner for the wolves, the bears, tigers, etc. It would be giving them a taste of their own medicine for preying upon someone vulnerable and helpless. And people thought the current modern methods of execution is harsh?

• @JudgmentDay In a separate and more extreme case, I remember reading about Osama's body being lowered into the water to account for "religious sensitivities". He, among others, were tied to the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center resulting in the undignified loss of life for close to 3,000 people in New York. Regardless of the context, when people treat others so poorly, the dignity of the perpetrator should not be a priority. This case is no exception. It should go back to the old saying: "Treat others the way you would want to be treated". Taking an innocent life the way he did is reprehensible. There isn't much I can do to create the sort of change necessary to discourage this sort of violent and senseless crime. #AllLivesMatter

• Another Illegal alien doing the "hit jobs" Americans won't do. >:-(

• Who believes the white supremacists on Breitbart?

• @jacquesvol such a fatuous statement speaks for itself. ICE confirms Breitbart. Who believes the lamestream media anymore, who took a shyster at his word with no further research?

• Yeah she was a really nice girl.

• She's dead. Let it go.

• @jacquesvol

It's not a fake post. It's easy to find on her twitter feed. As for the Guardian article, that's his opinion, which I don't give a shit about.

• Too bad you can't have old west style of justice now a days.
    Wouldn't be as much crime if someone met their gate at the end of a rope from a tall tree or the gallows

• Any illegal alien that kills or rapes a US citizen, should recieve the death penalty. Other illegals should be deported. Illegal aliens should not be able to work, drive, own property, etc until they leave to their home countries and apply for an immigrant visa.

• Sad for the family and her boyfriend. Mostly sad for her to live through that terror and lose her life.

• And liberals want to just let illegals in and stay

• So many more murders in America are committed by US citizens

• So by your logic since our people or should I say some of our citizens are criminals let's risk more criminals from other countries yeah you're 16-year-old self needs a lot of growing up to do

• Just read that the farm the guy worked on was owned by a politician. Anyone confirm that?

• let it be a lesson for the ladies: threatening to call the cops could get you killed. skip the threats and just dial 911.

• That is really sad to hear... Well at least her parents can have at least some closure

• How awful and senseless. Feel so terrible for her family.

• I'm disgusted and sad, but not surprised.
    This was, tragically, how I expected this to play out.

• Thank you for sharing. I feel sorry for her parents.

• I said it so many times already about how big of a gamble it really is to put a new life into existence into this kind of a world. With joy comes pain. Now it has become a reality, it can't be changed or reversed, whatever had happened had happened and is permanent, even if they were to somehow execute the bastard for this horrific crime it doesn't bring the victim back. When somebody is in the wrong place at the wrong time, bad things are going to happen unexpectedly.

• I knew she was dead after a week had passed and they hadn't found her

• Thanks for sharing this with us. RIP Mollie Tibbetts so sad she had her whole life ahead of her. Very well written MyTake of yours -Hugs-

• Another murdered American thanks to Obama's immigration policies.

• Blacked out my A**! He knew what he was doing and he is a prime example of why not a few, but every single illegal should be deported.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 11

• It's so fucking sad already, but so much more when you look at that picture. That's such a bright smile and it went out in a way like that.

• This is really sad, however I'm more worried about what will come after.
    And action like that will cost many problems in the society and in the politics because the murderer is an immigrant.

My best guess there is going to be many problems in US.

• No, it wasn't an "immigrant". It was an "ILLEGAL immigrant". Big difference.

• There have been issues with immigration in Canada, the United States and in Europe. Cases like this will exacerbate political issues. Issues will invariably arise, whether or not anybody agrees with it is notwithstanding. It would be ideal if people only focused on issues of justice. The person in this case is said to be an illegal immigrant, so I think that should be a pertinent consideration.

• @Robert_Toast It doesn't help that the government doesn't do enough to distinguish between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration with the general public... and many times, I believe it's deliberate.

• This is a sad situation but this kinda stuff happens a lot and it's not just "immigrants" doing sick shit like this. It's people who were born in this country doing the same thing that monster did to that woman.

• @NYCQuestions1976 still people who were born in this country doing the same thing. Th e only reason the media brought it up is because someone wants to build a wall.

• So because there are murders committed in this country by people that were born here that somehow makes this particular crime any less heinous or grounds not to talk about it occurring? No, the media brought it up because a woman was murdered. Building a wall wouldn't have traction as a story if we didn't have a problem with people coming here illegally.

• Poor girl, he deserves to be thrown under the jailhouse. She had her entire life ahead of her.

• Putting him under a jail isn't justice. Run over him with a city buss, that's justice.

• This is so sad. It cries for the death penalty but Iowa doesn't have one. Make it a hate crime and charge him in federal court and give him death!

• HM...

• Nice take

• Rest in peace, Molly

• Rip Mollie 😢

• he must be hang

• Great take