Islamic Jihad Versus Christian Crusades: There Is No Moral Comparison

Let's cut right to the chase:

The purpose of Islamic Jihad was (and still is) to enslave people, the purpose of the Crusades was to free Christians from enslavement by Muslims. There is NO MORAL COMPARISON between the two.

You want history? I'll give you history.

Here is the history of the last 1,400 years illustrated on a dynamic battle map of both the imposition of Islamic Jihad during that period and the imposition of the Christian Crusades.

Keep in mind that Muslims had been brutally attacking Europe for 450 to 500 years before the Crusades even took place.

If you can see this history and still believe there is some kind of equivalence between these two movements, you are irredeemably brainwashed.

There is no moral equivalence. Islamic barbarianism stands alone as the most evil force known to mankind in the last 1,400 years at least and still is to this day. There is no religion more intolerant, more violent, more militaristic, more tyrannical, more evil or more dangerous on earth.

Watch and learn the truth.

1125

Most Helpful Girls

• 7d

The difference is the Bible never promoted or encouraged the crusades and anyone acting violent on behalf of Jesus or Christianity is going directly against its teachings and is actually violating the commandments. The Bible never taught its followers to go out and kill non believers but instead to turn the other cheek and to forgive and love thy enemy.

The Quran contains many versus that are a call to action to bring violence against non believers. Many versus teach aggressive non tolerance and even though there are other verses riddled throughout which also teach kindness and love, these violent versus are dangerous and can be taken literal by followers of this religion.

• 6d

Excellent point. I'll also add that the Bible forbids suicide whether by your own hand or the had of a Jihadist. To fail to DEFEND life is a sin.

• 2d

the only problem with your comment is that it's wrong. Islam only allows Muslims to fight oppressors and those tyrants. Now if some so called Muslims don't have a clear definition for those terms< it doesn't prove anything wrong with Islam.

• Do you even know what Jihad means?
    Jihad's original Islamic meaning: "The struggle to be a perfect Muslim."

Also, your source was just making statements not backing it up with any proof. To be honest it seemed really biased. He claims they're facts but where is his proof?

If it was true, then it wasn't right, and they should not have done what they did.

You seem so bothered about what has happened 14,000 years ago, yet what happened in Iraq 16 years ago, doesn't seem to bother you at all.

In my eyes, you are just as biased as your source.

• But then aren't you ignoring groups like isis using the crusades as a rallying cry. So it's a bit of a fallacy to claim one person is doing that but ignore that an entire group is doing the same thing from a different point of attack. Either condemn all or nothing.

• 6d

Islam is the only significant religion I know of whose founding document commands them to murder innocent people who refuse to bow down to their god. That is the essence of Islam. There is no escaping it and no justifying it. I have no respect for anyone who would belong to a religion that has that in it's holy documents. So they say, yeah, but "We don't believe in that. That's not Islam." That's like saying you are a Christian but you don't believe in Christ. I have no respect for anyone who would belong to such a barbaric, evil cult.

• 6d

@MementoMori_ however I disagree with that, many people including people I know are muslims but don't know anything about they're religion. Some of these people are the victims of brainwashing of their parents. One of my relatives wife was an ex Muslim, I know lot of ex muslims and they really brainwash them since they are kids.

Most Helpful Guys

• GOD is above the dome Jesus Christ
    so yeah this fight will go on till the end bro

and GOD will deal with them
    what I wonder and hope is there are good muslims who do not want to kill or force

I just hope they make it to heaven
    but it's only hope

• I wonder how there can be such a thing as a "good" Muslim if they associate themselves with a "religion" whose founding document commands them to murder anyone who doesn't believe the way they do, whose fellow members of the "religion" are committing daily atrocities in virtually every country all over the world and whose "religion" has a 1,400 year history of the most barbaric, warlike behavior known to man. Can anyone who chooses to call themselves a member of this subhuman club really be a "good" person? I would immediately renounce my religion if it was like that. If I didn't, how could I consider myself a "good" anything?

• I don't support killing Muslim children. What I do support is policies to force Muslim countries to stop teaching their children to kill non-Muslims in their schools. This is where terrorism is taught to go from one generation to the next.

• the only way to do that is to KILL lol
      and take over
      if you wanna leave the kids alive
      sure but the adults and grown teenagers JUST KILL

• 7d

If you look at the numbers this video and your post are a load of bs en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_by_death_toll

• 7d

Have no idea how anything at the link you posted supports your conclusion but here is a documented list of battles of the Muslim invasion just of the Iberian Peninsula (doesn't include the Middle East or Africa, other parts of Western Europe or Eastern Europe). It's a list of the battles in which Muslims invaded the Christian lands in the Iberian Peninsula and the battles where Christians in that area finally pushed them back hundreds of years later. As show in the video there were hundreds of Islamic assaults on the Christians during that period.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Timeline_of_the_Muslim_presence_in_the_Iberian_Peninsula

• 7d

If it's considered immoral to exclude Muslims from living in your country, how can the spread of Islamic terrorism be prevented?

Let's assume that most Muslims are not violent and also assume that when you let in non violent Muslims you are also letting in violent Muslims who will murder innocent people.

Is it more moral to allow all of them in and let innocent people die, or to exclude all of them to prevent it?

• 7d

It's not an issue of morality, so lets not make this a false dichotomy.

It's an issue of weather or not the imported culture is compatible with the home countries culture, and weather or not the people being brought in are needed in the destination country and if those people are capable of fitting in to the new home country.

Join the discussion

923
  • You should read books written by credible historians rather than shit made up by ignorant people on the internet. I recommend reading books written by Thomas Asbridge, who is a credible historian in Medieval history.

I'll give you a piece of history. When the First Crusades retook Jerusalem, they killed, raped and pillaged all the Muslims living there. They also massacred Jews on their way to Jerusalem. Women and children were not spared. When Saladin re-took Jerusalem, he told his followers to spare the women and children, giving the Christians living in the city time to leave. He also forbade his followers from destroying and pillaging the churches in Jerusalem.

Also, Pope Urban did not call the First Crusades because of Christians being persecuted by Muslims in Jerusalem (a lot of historians state that Alexius may have exaggerated this to convince Urban to help him). He called it because he wanted to heal the Great Schism of 1054 and believed a crusade could help achieve this.

• 7d

Again these are acts committed by bad people and have nothing to do with Christianity. Anyone committing these acts are clearly in conflict with the direct teachings of the Bible. The Bible leaves no room
      For misinterpretation about the subject of treating your neighbors and enemies with love and one of the commandments is not to kill so anyone who murders can claim to murder in the name of the Bible but are false members of the true church.

• 5d

Sadly that is an argument that falls on deaf ears. Muslims use the same argument about Islam, i. e. the terrorists are not real Muslims. Of course the Koran tells them to slaughter non-believers and the Christian Bible tells Christians to turn the other cheek. But never mind the facts, facts never count when you are on the wrong side of the truth. The bottom line is I will leave the academic debate about what the real Islam is to Muslims. Who cares. All I care about is killing the Muslim terrorists before they kill me.

• Don't believe everything you read on internet kids. Read books and listen to speeches of those who actually studied history in depth instead.

Here we go again with the ignorance and naiveness. Person #66478. Next.

• When you brainwash children from a young age to believe in your religion, you're shit on the other side of the same coin as far as I'm concerned. We need to shed both religions and all of their denominations. They hold back science, they cause social and political unrest, and historically, they've proven diabolical in their own rights and to this day they still do. There's your moral comparison, sir. We get rid of both, not one of them. Christianity is as big a sadistic joke as Islam is.

• While Islam is really bad, I wouldn't defend Christianity. How many people were urned alive by the church for heresy? Being a scientist or simply being viewed as a witch are not reasons to kill someone, but for the church they were...

• Okay... but let's talk about TODAY. Here is a documented list of 110 Islamic attacks, committed in the name of Islam, in 23 countries, in which 544 people were killed and 715 injured JUST IN THE LAST 30 DAYS.

Let's compare that with a list of Christian terrorist attacks during the same period. How about Jewish terrorist attacks? Hindu? Buddhist? ANY other religion?

The answer is the same for the 30 days before that, and the 30 days before that, and the 30 days before that and so on going back HUNDREDS if not in the THOUSANDS of years.

There is no comparison between the 1,400 year Jihad of Islam which is STILL going on today and the acts of violence committed by any other religion. Islam stands alone in both the magnitude, scope and duration of their atrocities. And most importantly it is the ONLY religion on planet earth today that is committing such atrocities on a wholesale basis.

• 2d

You're telling the truth, but the Church admited, and has apologized for all the wrong they did in the past, but I didn't hear the Muslims apologize for the acts of extremists. And I live in town where Ottomans were defeated in 1593 on their way for Vienna. And you have no ideea what they'we been doing to the people on this areas for 2 centuries (14 - 16 century). And all in the name of religion and spreading Islam in Europe.

• 2d

As to the debate about which is the "real" Islam, the Islam of the terrorists or the Islam of the non-violent Muslims, I will leave that to the religious scholars to sort out. It's hardly a concern to those who are being decimated by Islamic terrorism on a daily basis. Ask them if they would like to join the academic discussion. Seriously, who cares. And if you are going to engage in that discussion let's start off with the ubiquitous commands to terrorism in the Koran. My personal view is that anyone who would associate themselves with Islam, a religion whose founding document calls for the intentional slaughter of innocent people, is immoral and an enabler for terrorism at minimum.

• True, they were defensive, but their execution was Hell!

Eastern Orthodox Constantinople fell because the Catholic Crusaders who came to their rescue back-stabbed the already-battered Eastern guardians, massacred/raped/raided the "heretics" and presented them to the Muslim forces on a silver platter.

• THIS. The Fourth Crusade robbed the Crusaders of any net good to history, and led to the hordes almost reaching Vienna centuries later.

• ""On Balian's orders the Crusaders surrendered the city to Saladin's army on October 2 1187. The take-over of the city was relatively peaceful especially in contrast to the Crusader siege of the city in 1099.

Balian paid 30,000 dinars for freeing 7,000 of those unable to pay from the treasury of the city. The large golden Christian cross that had been placed over the Dome of the Rock by the Crusaders was pulled down and all Muslim prisoners of war taken by the Crusaders were released by Saladin who according to the Kurdish scholar and historian Baha ad-Din ibn Shaddad, numbered close to 3,000

Saladin allowed many of the noble women of the city to leave without paying any ransom. For example, a Byzantine queen living a monastic life in the city was allowed to leave the city with her retinue and associates as also Sibylla, the queen of Jerusalem and wife of the captured King Guy. Saladin also granted her safe passage to visit her captive husband in Nablus. The Native Christians were allowed to remain in the city while those of Crusader origin were allowed to leave Jerusalem for other lands along with their goods through a safe passage via Akko by paying a ransom of 10 dinars. Saladin's brother, Al-Adil was moved by the sight and asked Saladin for 1,000 of them as reward of his services. Saladin granted his wish and Al-Adil immediately released them all.

Heraclius upon seeing this asked Saladin for some slaves to liberate. He was granted 700 while Balian was granted 500 and all of them were freed by them. All the aged people who could not pay the ransom were freed by orders of Saladin and allowed to leave the city. He then proceeded to free 1,000 more captives upon request of Muzaffar al-Din Ibn Ali Kuchuk who claimed they were from his hometown of Urfa. In order to control the departing population he ordered the gates of the city to be closed.

At each gate of the city a commander was placed who checked the movement of the Crusaders and made sure only those who paid the ransom left the city. Saladin then assigned some of his officers the job of ensuring the safe arrival of the Crusaders in Christian lands."

• 5d

You are by far the dumbest idiot with your question. Because of your stupidity, I will send a lengthy response and then block and mute this conversation so that neither you nor any noob on GAG can reply with racist rhetoric. I am a Muslim, and to paraphrase when Islam says stand up and kill it means when needed, Islam and the Quran also teaches that "love thy neighbor" regardless of what religion you are and help people the Quran SAYS THIS so how come none of y'all say that? It's like watching a movie half way and then you have a pre-conceived notion that this is how the movie will end so you walk out without knowing, that's the ignorance of how people view Islam. If you don't know if you don't talk to other Muslims then keep your mouth shut.

When I go to the mosque there is no mention of hurting Christians or Jews so I don't know where you or others commenting get your weird sick, twisted thinking then go check yourself and check your facts. I am no one special, yet I will be willing to help and donate to Christians or Jews or whomever. Common arguments about Muslims is that Prophet Muhammad had sex with a 6-year-old girl he's a pedophile - WRONG! Aisha was actually 17, 18 or 19 years of age, Aisha's eldest sister passed away who was 10 years older than Aisha when she was with the prophet.

Why does the prophet (God's messenger) get demonized when the fact is, rich white kings who were old as fuck would marry young girls as young as 11 or 10, yet that shit doesn't get talked about. Let's move to Sharia law, Sharia law is associated with Islamic principles/values, throughout time after Prophet Muhammad had passed men along the way have changed Islamic principles that went away from God. Islam never says, beat your wife, oppress your wife, I mean women are still oppressed around the world today. Islam has an entire chapter dedicated to Mary (Jesus' mother). During the time of Prophet Muhammad, women played a role in Islam as being hard-working, Prophet Muhammad first wife Khadija was a businesswoman who had more money than the prophet and she accepted him and loved him and he loved her and allowed her to do her thing as well, these are facts. Are people that stupid that after the prophet dies and regular men who pretend to be "Islamic" don't share the same values as he does which is honesty, courage, nobleness, prayed, fasted, didn't commit any sins. Let me repeat this again, God appointed and chose Prophet Muhammad as his only messenger.

Getting back to women and Islam, I am a Muslim guy, I am not going to force my wife to wear a hijab that is her choice, that is the choice of any woman, just like a nun wearing something that covers her up. Y'all talk about how Islam oppresses women and what example is that? Saudi Arabia? The same Saudi Arabia the United States continues to do business with for oil and money purposes? Saudi Arabia is NOT an Islamic country if Saudi Arabia is the definition of what an Islamic country is why would the royal family and government use Hajj money from millions of visitors doing the Hajj pilgrimage for the government and royal family's greed? Saudi Arabia jails and kills Muslims whether male or female, Shia or Sunni for speaking up against there oppression. Don't believe me have the balls and book a flight and go there then to see for yourself. If Saudi Arabia is such an Islamic country why would their government and royal family order to destroy Islamic history and Islamic gravesites from Prophet Muhammad's family? I mean in the U. S people who are Christian are good people but doesn't mean America in general is all filled with good because the US government is corrupt.

Which leads to my next point, the United States government created/funds for terrorist groups like ISIS, this is a fact. After 9/11 US invaded Iraq/Afghanistan costing the US $2.4 trillion on a war for what? Steal their oil? Kill innocent civilians? That war led fucked the US because it led to the 2007 recession how'd that go?

• 5d

Stop calling it Islamic Jihad, you don't even know what Jihad is. Vladimir Putin even said that the US created and help pay these actors so of course, these thugs/gang members will choose the most corrupt side like what the US pays them to do these evil things. Putin isn't Muslim, he follows God is own way but yet, Putin has close ties to Iran 'The Islamic Republic'. Yeah the United States funds and created terrorist organizations, US gives billions of dollars to Zionist Israel and lets its people suffer from obesity, high education debt, immoral laws (ie: fining someone $1 million, sent to prison for being pro-BDS), how the oppression Black people face and etc. That's a democracy? That's not a democracy.

• 4d

I respect you and I know you and many other followers of Islam have good intentions are are kind and loving people. The overwhelmingly vast majority of devout Muslims are very peaceful non violent people HOWEVER the problem arises when versus such as the following can be interpreted as a call to violence. This verse is not merely a story in the Quran describing past events but can be construed as instructions and since the concept of “repressing faith” is vague, we have seen followers act on this.

“Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.”

Furthermore here Allah puts limits on peace and seemingly approves of hostility under vague circumstances “let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression”

Like I said previously very few people use these verses to conduct violence but you have to admit that even these small suggestive passages can have a big impact and innocent people have fallen victim to their interpretations

• Beautiful take.. sadly.. wish something like this didn't have to be beautiful. Hard-hitting truth in the face of oppression of freedom to express opinions, freedom to breathe and freedom to live is beautiful to me though.

You are right. Many people, many extreme liberals, will not accept it for whatever reason. Often I find because they are devastatingly out of touch with the inherent savagery and brutality of the world, out of touch with reality, living lives that are too safe and privileged. However, myself and many others who live quite safe, privileged lives are not in denial of this obvious truth, so that's not all it is. It is also.. and this is where I may be seen to invite name calling upon myself.. it is also naivety, and yes, stupidity.

Something that so many people are either too stupid, too naive, too much in denial or too delusional to accept, is that the recent horrors caused directly by Islam are reminiscent of events that preceded and directly caused the crusades. The crusades was not a hate campaign, it was a campaign to unite and fight against hate.

The rampant stupidity of the masses, often seemingly caused by selfishness, a lack of interest for much outside of their narrow existence, never ceases to astound me.

• You can say whatever you want but Christian crusades were everything but christian. They didn't ever convey the real message of Christ's gospel, it was pure slaughter

• Christians were brutalized by Muslims for almost 500 years before they fought back. How long is long enough before you fight back? Did Christ say you should just let people murder, rape and enslave you without defending yourself?

• Everybody is arguing that their side was the more moral side. In reality, all war is horrible. Every side does things that are considered "evil" - you don't win a war by treating your enemies kindly. People just like to paint their side as the "good guys".

• That's mighty interesting considering I heard a completely different thing as to how the Crusades began..

• It was far more politically motivated than some would care to admit

• The Mongols too

• I wonder what happened to the Carthaginians... oh right the Romans annihilated their city, killed all the men, and sold their women and children into slavery...

• Exactly, the crusades were a response to over 400 years of Islamic attacks on Christians. If the crusades didn't happen there wouldn't have been any catholic church nowadays. It was the only way to protect the Christian west from Islam. And still today islam attacks us. Muslims conquered Christian cities and took it's women and even kids as sex slaves. Islam is the most immoral religion.

• 6d

I'd say Marxism has trumped Islam in this regard. Muslims have killed a LOT; but Marxist ideology and its numerous flavored variants have killed hundreds of millions.

• How about the "crusades" in the Americas, where natives were forced into religion, and many were killed.

• I don't care what kind of mind virus you have, it's still mind virus. You call it religion, I call it superstitial BS.

• There is no moral comparison to Buddhism. Because both those religions are vile.

• 2d

As a Muslim i'd never justify the blood that was shed by Muslims in those invasions. But if you think about it objectively both these Muslims and the crusaders were a bunch of blood thirsty lunatics who thought that killing people would get them closer to god. Please don't tell me that no innocent civilian was killed in crusades and all those crusaders were saints. people do stupid things. Don't put it down to their religion! some Christian priests sexually abuse little kids but is it okay to assume that the ultimate goal of Christianity is pedophilia?

• 2d

The difference is that Christians who murder infidels are violating the written commands of their Bible. But Muslims who murder infidels are obeying the written commands of their Koran. The former is a violation of their religious calling and the latter is the prescribed practice of their religious calling.

• 2d

I also want to respond to this:
      "so it's not christianity or judaism they have problem with."

Muslims don't have a problem with Judaism? The only reason they have not killed every last Jew in the Middle East is because they can't. The Jews finally learned to defend themselves after at least a million of them were murdered or driven out of the Muslim countries of the Middle East where they lived since before Islam even existed. While 20% of the population of Israel is Muslim, virtually no Jews are still living in the Muslim countries of the Middle East because they were murdered and driven out.

• 2d

I'd hate to see what would happen to Jews if Muslims DID have a problem with Judaism!

• I guess you don’t know what Jihad is 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• 7d

Shi'a Muslim here.

Jihad doesn't just mean "internal struggle" like what many Muslims love to tell non-Muslims. It also was used as an excuse to capture Jerusalem and the Ottoman Empire when they invaded non-Muslim lands.

• 7d

Assalamualaykium brother, pls answer my question regarding Aisha killing Muhammad PBUH.

• Islam is clearly from the devil...

• 1d

DEUS VULT

• Good take

• How about today's crusades? What is the purpose?

• 6d

Either way you look at it, killing people for imaginary people is retarded.

• 7d

Okay

• Nice

• 0|0
    • Wrong post. Sorry please delete

• No problem. Sorry but I am unable to delete it. But it's interesting. I had to do some research to find out the meaning of this. Yes, I know it's a play on "Make America Great Again." But what is it about sorry? I assume it's about Canada's reputation for never ending apologies. Interesting, I learned something...

http://i.share.pho.to/78ba2eaf_o.png

• Man, you are getting attacked for this! Brave thing to do though, even if you are wrong.

Which I don't believe you are. This is spot on.

Now they should compare the real atrocities committed by some of the crusaders with the Muslim expansion

• ISLAMIC JIHAD PURPOSE IS NOT TO ENSLAVE PEOPLE DUMBASS LOL. Jihad was only done by Muslims so they could retreat lands taken by. others that was originally for them and to fight people who have declared war on them. Dont talk about history dumbass

• Except that, islam being the latest religion to appear, anything "belonging" to them was originally taken by them, and often by force.

• My source is history. Learn it. Basically, the muslim world was much smaller than what it is now. It conquered all the rest, going as far as south west of France, and all while holding a sword.
      And yes, islam is the latest religion to appear. The latest big one at least.

• @Guanfei yes true... its the youngest relevant religion... true
      and yes it also did spread by violence... they often times took over areas, killed the men and boys... banged the women and turned it muslim...

• Forget about the Christians or even Religion for a moment. I dare Islamic Jihadists to try enslaving hard core Chinese Communists.

• You make a good point, but unfortunately when you intentionally try to die for your cause, lethal response is not a deterrent. A year or two ago ISIS was threatening China. Ironically, when President Trump nearly wiped ISIS out, he also reduced the threat of terrorism to China. Not sure where the threat level of Islamic terrorism stands towards China today, but it does indeed exist. Nowhere on the planet is safe from the cancer of Islamic terrorism. It is the scourge of the planet.

http://i.share.pho.to/13f5f6c6_o.png

• Not as good as Mark Twain, but I hope I made my point.

• Oh, I don't have a problem with that. I was just saying that I don't think ISIS is almost wiped out. I believe they have hurt and compromised, but as you know, they are like cockroaches. I have no moral dilemma defending ourselves against and hence killing jihadists, Muslim or otherwise actually. But I must also point out, even though I think the whole religion is bullshit and founded by a con man/pedophile, I don't want to wipe out all non-jihadist Muslims. However THEY need to understand, that the freedom to "practice" your religion in this country in NO WAY means you are going to be turning this country into your religious state. No effin way.

• Ah yes! Let’s pretend Christianity has any moral high ground on anything.

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION!
    We gots kids to kill!!!
    In the name of jesus KILL KILL KILL!!!

• The crusades were the resistance, the first real fight back against the violent invading hordes of Islam.

• The Crusades only happened after Christians were attacked, raped, pillaged and enslaved and had their lands taken by Muslims for almost 500 years. How much were they expected to take?

• I agree completely. The first time they were stopped was by Charles martel in france at the battle of your 732.