Do you think Dr. Phil is biased against men?

I am curious about your opinion on this video, and the argument these two gentlemen make. The theme of the video is popular TV show host Dr. Phil's possible bias in the favour of women.

I think it especially bears mentioning how the audience loudly approves when the father of the girl tells her ex (?) boyfriend he would have killed him if he had found him.

The video:

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guys

• Of course he's biased, his audience is mostly women. More than that, the field of psychology is just naturally more apologetic towards women's feelings. I think it's because women tend to experience their feelings a little more strongly than men.

2|2
    0|0
  • It sure seems like it. I guess it shouldn’t be surprising that several of his male guests end up “revolting” against him. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=15fXhJG7JdM
    However, I don’t think it’s his personal bias. I think he feels pressure to be biased, especially since most of his fans are women.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I thought it was just me that thought so, glad I'm not the only one.

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't even give these celebrity doctors credit

3|2
    0|0
  • That guy was so attractive

1|0
    0|0
    • He was too cute for her

What Guys Said 13

• Dude, man. . . you guys and youtube. I will be glad when it becomes more mainstream and advertisers force this sick garbage off. Then you dudes will have to go to some deep internet site to find this crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oFQifn8WlA

0|0
    1|1
    • So, Roland, do you have anything of value to say, or do you just spit venom when people point to obvious bias?
      Are you this afraid of freedom of expression?

• Show All
    • "No, I am actually happy, as this makes you that much less credible. "

Little one, you don't sound happy. Lighten up. Live a little.

"I'm not your son. If I was, I would have killed myself, just to not be associated with a worldly idiot like yourself."

You would have killed yourself? Haha! Son, calm down. Stop being so angry. Breathe a little. Drink some koolaid.

Yeah, I don't give any fucks about you or a lot of folks here at GaG disagreeing with me. I mean, if you were a person I respected, that would be different. But you already posted a bullcrap thread about women not giving you sex after you were nice to them. So that already proves you have no code. You have motivations. You are motivated like a pet animal. If people approve of you, treat you nice, agree with you or if women give you sex, that motivates you to act in a certain way or to claim certain beliefs.

That's pathetic.

"He said while being an NPC bobblehead himself. Just the usual leftie troll wallowing in cognitive bias."

He? Dude, are you talking to yourself?

If so, I will leave you alone.

• You are not worthy of my time. You are pathetic.

• Probably. He's on television, so he has to behave how he's told to not upset important people such as advertisers. Even if he doesn't agree with what he's saying, he's a tv personality so he has to put forward a certain personality to keep advertisers happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • He'z doing it for the money because it's a female audience. Just like judges give pussy passes to get more money. It's all about money and politics.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most psychologists are. Not necessarily intentionally, but their science is based almost exclusively on the assumption that female emotive response is the norm, in essence dismissing normal male emotive responses.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dr. Phil is garbage anyways. His show has become a launching pad for spoiled brats social media personalities, like Daniel Brogelli and whoever that spoiled kid was whose mom bought her a Mercedes "G Wagon". Both of them have huge social media followings now. He's being used by spoiled young girls to start their youtube careers and doesn't even acknowledge that fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of his audience women by the way. It probably just seem like dr phil is biased because you rarely see woman getting doubted anywhere compared to men actually dr phil is logical. He just don't have that women are wonderful effect in him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's a television show, not a therapy session. Women are far more likely to watch this sort of programming, thus, men are more likely to be made out as the bad guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • He just plays to his audience which is mostly female.

2|1
    0|0
  • A bit. But really, he's just an all-around idiot whose only purpose is to try (and fail) to make good television.

0|1
    0|0
  • "Doctor" Phil is a hack. Him being biased or objective is completely beside the point.

0|0
    0|0
  • phil is a satanist

1|0
    0|0
  • Observer bias.

0|0
    0|0
    • In other words "nah, you're just imagining it", right? Then explain the video please!

• Show All
    • You don't actually have to examine all cases to show there was some bias that should be explained. This doesn't imply there is a rule, but it does show that at least in two cases he was dismissive with men, and empathetic with women.

Tell me, what do you have to gain from defending this person with such fervour?

• There is no "fervor". I'm just against poor methodology. And I've seen a LOT of such biased videos...

Recommended myTakes