#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Celebrate Self-Love This Valentine's Day (and Every Day!)

Every Valentine's Day people rush to buy flowers, candy, jewelry, and other items to show their loved ones how much they care. People who are single, however, typically can't wait for this day to be over. What many people fail to realize is that Valentine's Day doesn't just have to be about romantic love; it can also be about showing love towards your family, friends, and even yourself!

Many of us put so much energy into our existing relationships, whether it be our family members, friends, children, or romantic relationships, that we tend to forget about the most important relationship of all, the relationship you have with yourself. This Valentines Day, we want to focus on the importance of self-love! It is not selfish to put time and energy into yourself. We all need to take time for self-care every now and then!

After all, how can you love anyone else, or expect someone else to love you for that matter, when you don't love yourself? The fact is, the relationship you have with yourself will set the stage for any future relationships you may have. You shouldn't strive for a relationship in order to feel "worthy" or "complete." A relationship can certainly add happiness and fulfillment to your life but it shouldn't be your only means of happiness and self-worth.

Learning to be happy with yourself while single, rather than putting all of your sense of happiness in other people, is the best thing you can do for yourself. Self-acceptance is probably the most important step towards self-love. No one is perfect and while we should always strive to improve where possible, it's also important to accept the things we cannot change and learn to love ourselves through those flaws.

Below are 5 tips we've come up with to help you gain self-confidence and love yourself this Valentine's Day!

1. Pamper Yourself

This is probably the most obvious way to practice self-love. Take some time out of your busy week to take care of yourself. It doesn't have to be an expensive day at the spa, it could be spending a day at home in pajamas reading your favorite book, watching some movies, or catching up on your sleep! The possibilities are endless, the important thing is to just do something YOU enjoy and find relaxing, whatever that may be.

2. Choose Your Friends Wisely

In many cases, the people you surround yourself with can have an enormous impact on how you feel about yourself. Having a group of friends who lift you up and are supportive is so important! If your friends bring you more drama and headache than happiness and positivity, maybe it's time to find some new friends.

3. Learn to Say No

Don't let others take advantage of you. Growing your confidence and loving yourself means having enough self-respect to not allow others to mistreat you or take advantage of your kindness. In turn, people will respect you more when you stand up for yourself.

4. De-clutter Your Living Space (and Your Mind/Heart)

If you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed in your life, cleaning out your space and de-cluttering will create a positive effect. Clutter can weigh you down, getting rid of old things you no longer use will make room for new things! Being more organized can help you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Similarly, while cleaning out your home, let go of all the negative emotions you may be harboring as well. Don’t worry about the past and previous negative experiences; love yourself enough to know the best is yet to come.

5. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others

This is one of the best ways to practice self-love. People with low self-esteem or low confidence tend to have a bad habit of comparing themselves to others. Stop looking for ways to feel bad about yourself! Everyone is different and you cannot be happy with yourself when you are constantly comparing yourself to other people. Instead, focus on what YOU have. You have positive traits too and even though you may not be as good looking, as funny, as successful, etc. as someone else, that doesn't mean they're better than you.

This notion of self-love may seem cliché but it doesn't hurt to give a reminder of its importance! If you are struggling with self-acceptance this Valentine's Day, take a minute to think about what you bring to the table. Everyone has strengths and things that makes them unique. Spend today focusing on yourself, finding your inner confidence, and growing your self-love! ❤️

#LoveYourself

2337
gagTake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope this day never ends!
    I'm having fun with my bestie she came over to me knowing we both had this day free and we had lunch with amazing sea food spaghetti made by us, red shrimps were so delicious and fresh it's not easy to find them! (ty mom)
    We helped each other with hw and we did it in like 5min (lol) so we could spend all afternoon watching our fav series together, listening to music and singing karaoke 🎶
    We also made dinner with the rest of the seafood my mom bought and it was delicious for everyone, I'm so happy everyone liked it seeing their smiles 😃
    Later (now) we're making our fav cake 🍰 carrot cake with finely chopped almonds inside and it's going to be super yummy to have for our movie night since my bestie is staying overnight with me!
    It is def one of my best valentines with my bestie❣️ (have to say, she's reading, lol joke seriously it is!)

We wish happy valentine day to everyone else too❗

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 36

• First I would want to tell the fact that I like the ideas you guys shared. I think this advice maybe useful for some people.
    I normally tell my complaints so here is what I taaught about this regarding my own life
    First I don't hate Valentine's Day it's just spending money for a gift that suposely brings happiness. I just hate the lack of affection and love from my life since I was multiple times abused.
    1. Pamper yourself
    I feel shit even if I eat apple or whatever that good feelin for me last 5 minutes max. I usually don't eat at all.
    Even watching porn is boring for me as I just spectate of what others are doing.
    2. Choose your friends wisely
    I had no friends from kindergarden to now none just partern to play which lasted only like a few months.
    3. Learn to say no
    Because of my abusive past I become like a dormat and not having any friends didn't help me at all changing this behaviour.
    I did say no to a few people but who said I did the right thing if I helped the wrong ones. I was better of to say no to all of them as I did had no benefit from it.
    4. De-clutter you living space (and mind/heart)
    I can't I don't own my own home yet and I do not own any room so I could do that. 😖. I don't know about heart and mind if health has been an issue for me.
    5. Stop comparing yourself to others
    Why? Isn't that why we are all teach when we were young by our parents. And even if I don't do someone might do it in my place considering other better options.

I took a minuit and I tought what I bring to the table and there are complaints, criticism, lack of ambition and lack in any other aspect in living life. So if I bring to the table so much flaws and negative things what then?
    I would normally put this under anon but who cares 😓

• Welp I just spent the holiday with the one partner that would never leave me, and who I deeply care about. So I'd say this holiday was rather successful for me this year.

• Thanks for sharing your Take with @GirlsAskGuys Community. We were waiting for our Admins to post Take on #SelfLove.

Check out our Take.

Develop Relationship with Yourself, Accept Yourself and Practice Self Yourself ↗

Thanks for featuring our questions. We were able to attach survey in our Take because Admin Panel featured our questions.

Happy G@GER
    Being a Good Indian.

• These are important things to do for yourself. I don't know if I'd characterize it as "self-love", though. No matter, good points made here.

• Here in Germany no one celebrates the Valentines day or cares about it 😂😂😂
    and does all the stuff whenever there is time
    at least in my area...

• Today my girlfriend hasn't even said a word to me... yay, happy valentines day. She also said her gift would just be asingle movie ticket to go see a movie by myself...

• LOL at first I thought you were talking about masturbation... ;)

• I thought the same thing when I saw the title - thought it was some sort of gag

• I'm doing shrooms. If you're single today is a great day to pick up chicks. They're going to go out tonight looking for a mercy phuck. If you pass that up to play video games... then don't think too hard when you wonder why you're not getting laid as much as other guys on your level.

Personally... I'd love to be single just for tonight, so I could sweep up all the sweet strange. But I'm ball'n'chained... It's nothing but blowjobs and sex for me tonight. Shrooms will make it interesting though.

• I don't like Valentine's Day. But your sentiments I wholely agree 100% the problem I am have I am male and would change that in a heartbeat !!!

• Decluttering my living space would take all of Valentine's Day and last well into the next month.

• I didn't realize GAG was a self help site... guess there's nothing wrong with that.

• I love myself enough to shamelessly get this 6 xPer without reading the whole thing

• I love myself and I love you too @Girlsaskguys @gagTake ;)

• No lets just fucking boycott and destroy this day. it so irrelevant.

• who with the house is all empty and bare with no girl help l want a very nice girl

• That's a good article , well stated.
    I agree , spend it with friends or treat yourself

• The humans will be rot out soon. The successors will not care for Valentine's day.

• Thank you :)

• Thank you.

• Bueno

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 22

• Absolutely. Self love is so important, it's extremely healthy.
    Most notably it lowers your blood pressure and releases endorphins.
    Self love doesn't cost you anything and there aren't any drawbacks.

Everyone, self love yourself today and everyday!

• you are so right in what you say xxx

• Love self love. Love girls that love self love. Would love to self love watching some self ATM.

• I practice self-love by escaping my enemies like the cross.

• I don't often comment on these conceited, 'life is perfect if it's about you' MyTakes but season of love so what the hey. This year I did do something nice. I decided whatever I wanted to do Valentines Day evening (which was yesterday, Southern Hemisphere and all). So I dressed up, had a delicious dinner and saw The Black Panther. It was... incredibly creepy while also having some dam good fight scenes. Don't think I'd recommend it... or see it again... but it was a good night. If no one else is taking you out, you should just do it.

• I fall in love with myself everyday not just on valentines day

• But I feel like my narcissism would grow in a festering manner even more so if I were to pamper myself

• This is so true. Thank you so much for this take on enduring Valentine's Day while single.

• Didn't even know it was Valentines day!
    Yikes I'm old.

• I bought myself a rose this valentines day :)

• great take!!

• <3 <3

• Good one

• I'm de-cluttering all day long, hah!

• "Self love"? snicker

• That's nice

• Beautiful take! Self-love is important

• Thanks for sharing such a frabjous article

• Thank you.

• Self love 😍 is very times best

• Vaentines day i

• I’m sorry but when I read this title I thought of the wrong thing. I’m so dirty minded 😂

• More from Girls
    2