My birthday will suck

Waffles731
My birthday will suck

I turn 25 on Valentine's day and its going to be even lonelier than my 21st, when my only relationship ended when my ex broke up with me at a party I was supposed to meet her mom at, she did it by the card she gave me.

They say it sucks being single on valentines day but what sucks worse is when its your birthday and you realize no one will ever love you.

we are in the middle of selling the house I have lived in since I was like 4 or 5, so its going to be my last birthday here.

What makes this worse is that my mom has a minor surgery that day, she might be home that night she might not be, but I'll be home. I will not be surrounded by friends and family, just me, a tv, maybe a couple of slasher flicks, I'm thinking both My Bloody Valentine films and I can't fucking drink.

I hate my birthday, all it does is remind me of the Ironic fact that I will never find someone and no one will ever love me and this year is going to be the loneliest of all.

I wish I could just drink myself into a stupor and spend that whole day in a haze in bed listening to an audiobook or on the couch watching slasher films, but I can't and that makes it worse, the loneliest birthday and I have to be sober.

Sorry for the wall of text i just needed to rant

#Valentinesdaybirthdayssuck

My birthday will suck
18
33
18Girl Opinion
33Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• spuitkaas

I think I never had a valentine? And I think that's completely normal. Most people don't and the ones who do post it on social media. You just see what you want to see.
    Also, I don't really celebrate my birthday that much either. Not because I don't want to, but nobody is ever available on my birthday. It's at 12 December and it's the busiest, most expensive month for most and people are just preparing for exams and Christmas. The weather is always shit and I live in a small town that's not easily accessible so nobody can come.
    What I wanted to say is that nobody's birthday and valentines day is perfect. The ones that are you see on social media. So don't feel too bad.
    Perspective is important. I used to pity myself sometimes, until my down syndrome sister of 18 years old got diagnosed with leukemia. She is so positive and continues to care for people even though she's suffering so much under the chemo. She's just happy to be alive.
    And now I'm talking about her, but through the hospital I met so many super brave kids with cancer. One worse than the other. At least leukemia has a pretty good prognosis. I met kids with neuroblastoma cancer or bone cancer.
    I don't want to say that your problems are not important. It's unfortunate you feel lonely, but be grateful for things you do have. Health, stability, family etc.

Like 7 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • spuitkaas

I still hope you have a somewhat good birthday. Take some time for yourself and do what you enjoy.
      If you don't have a nice birthday, then that's fine as well. We all have that sometimes.

• sejla

Last year I bought pie for my birthday. Been alone for 6 years and not loving it but every year I have on this earth is a good thing.

I had a weird birthday when I was 27. The guy who I thought was my boyfriend (it was casual on his side I guess) invited me to a party. When I got there I had a hard time finding him. When I tried to talk to him he sort of directed me to talk to another guy. Later I found out the party was supposedly supposed to be for my birthday. I just left and never saw him again. Life sometimes sucks eggs,

For some reason 25 hit me hard. People kept saying things like quarter of a century. I think to there's a lot of pressure to have your whole life together which I'm still trying to figure out.

I remember sitting at a club on like New Year's with a female friend and some random female clubber who I was talking to telling me how sad it was that I wasn't with a guy at the club that night. I'm like really?

Go do something you like to do on Valentine's Day. Just because people are paired up like the animals on Noah's Ark doesn't mean 100% of them are happy or going to last. Valentine's day is one of those obligatory holidays where even if your marriage is holding on by a thread there is going to be at least flowers and a card,

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• BadzGoneGoodz

if you keep thinking like that no women want a man who feels sorry for himself I hate to be blunt but your still young 25? Omg, man focus on a career, find a hobbie you enjoy you'll make more friends y pushing yourself and getting out and venturing. Be social just say hello to people things will happen when you stop worrying about a women you'll find yours I promise but better yourself and I swear women gravitate toward men that focus on themselves and are positive. Birthdays I get it but chalk it up man it's not your last one just imagine next year will be that much sweeter if you take my suggestions. It could be worse lo like being locked up for 5yrs and not seeing your mother as she's on her deathbed as you sit in a cell in regret and hating yourself for crimes you did and now can't say goodbye. Telling you man you got this my Boy!! But only you can change it. Goodluck man. Cheers

Like 4 People
    Is this still revelant?
  • Plitty-Tank

Maybe you will find a magnificent woman prior to Valentines Day, sir Waffles731

I assumed July 31st was your birthday due to 731. What's the deal with the 731 part of name? Relevant or random?

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Waffles731

Sort of random, ever since I saw the X-Files at 12, 731 is a string of numbers I can always easily remember

• What about X-Files made 731 easy to remember?

• Waffles731

There was an episode called 731

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1631
  • Apple1996

Your turning 25 and still have a lot of life left to live. You really worry too much

Like 3 People
    Reply
    • No i just enjoy my life

• But every year time accelerates. I. e. it will be hard to change your life in the future if you start doing that too late.

• Moonchild714

Poor Me Poor Me Pour Me another... Why can't you Drink you obviously Don't care About Anything but your Poor Me Pity Party, what's a Party especially a Pity Party without Booze? Drink Yourself into Oblivion you have Nothing going on No one cares what happens not even you so go for it...

LikeDisagree 7 People
    Reply
    • Waffles731

Because I promised my family I'd get sober

• Olivflower

Woah there. I think you might need to step back and have a real think about your actions and what you say to other people. If you think that this is an okay response to someone's pain then you need to stop and look at your own life and issues. You've obviously got some stuff to sort out without lashing out at others.

• @Waffles731 First Step to a Relapse is Staying Sober for Others and Not Yourself!!!

So do yoy want to be Sober, Sane m, and Healthy or Drunk, Insane, and Dying a SLOOOOOW Death? Because your post is All about the Later... Not a Damn thing in your Pist about WANTING. to be SOBER, SANE, & HEALTHY!!!

• 007kingifrit

so as i said your entire life is miserable and you are incapable of joy which is ofc why someone would leave you. its also why you hate trump so much because it fills your sad empty existence with something to fight

get help... and get off of social media you can't handle it

Disagree 3 People
    Reply
    • Waffles731

A. I hate trump because he is a bigoted fascist.
      B. My depression is one of those that is due to a chemical imbalance in my brain, I was diagnosed and have been on medication for it since I was in fucking elementary school.
      C. I have help.
      D. You are still a fascist

• everything trump does has downsized the authority of the federal government. infact it was democrats who yelled at him for not imposing nationwide lockdowns. something a real fascist would have loved doing

but calling people fascist isn't a logical pursuit for you, its your therapy. autistic people should not think about or have opinions on politics, you aren't capable of knowing what is going on

• Wow. Just wow. Sorry you have to see bullshit lile this, waffles.

• Peanut127

If sober to support ur mothers recovery? That's very kind of u. U can still go out, don't drink but talk to people. Even guys who r alone or buy a girl a drink iand tell her ur sober to support ur mom after her surgery. That's a sweet thing a girl cud admire in u. :) try not to feel to bad. Ur mother needs ur loving support that day :)

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • DizzyDesii

Aww this sounds like a combo of my bad bdays in one. I’ll be turning 25 that same week. We were almost twins. This will be the first vday/bday in a long time where i dont have a Valentine nor a boyfriend. So i feel your pain. But i’ll manage. Gonna enjoy Fantasy Island at the movies, go shop, and hit up the casino. I hope a distraction comes along to make you feel better. I also hope your moms surgery goes ok. And please dont drown yourself with a bottle of alchie

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Mickey9999

Negativity draws negativity. If you want to do something for your birthday then ask some friends. Just because it’s v-day doesn’t mean you have to be with someone romantically. It’s just a Hallmark holiday. It was even mine and my late husband’s anniversary. Sometimes we have to learn how to be happy alone.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Ianto

I know life can seem bleak, and hopeless.
    Consider, I am a short, fat, bald, 64 year old. I separated last year with every expectation of a lonely old age. Interestingly, life is good. I have met a number of amazing women, and although nothing permanent yet, I am convinced it is possible. So, do not despair, you don't know what might happen tomorrow, but you can improve the chances by not being a negative washout.

Like 2 People
    Reply
    • roland77

Love yourself first, then you are being loved. Same with penis by the way.

• secretgirl4u

It sucks that all those bad things happened one after another and on the day which should be a happy one and romantic one ( given it's Valentine's day as well as your bday.. sometimes shit happens.. don't feel like the lone ranger that kind of stuff has happened to me too just a clusterfuck of unplesents that ruins your day just remember it doesn't just happen to u..

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • HOAAH

Sorry to hear that you are lonely. I wish everyone had at least one close friend. I am wishing you a very happy birthday, and sending you positive thoughts.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • bellapizza

You saying "no one will ever love you " is you putting of people. You have to learn to be positive, women don't want someone who is negative in their lifes. They want a man to encourage them. Learn to love yourself so others can love you

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Guanfei

Dude, you're 25. You have plenty of time to find friends and a girl.
    Even I, who look like shit and never had a girlfriend, still have hope it will happen.
    You're alone at home? Well fine, take your ass outside and go to a crowded place, chances are you won't end the night alone.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • roland77

Hope dies last. See, I'm not #BradPitt or any other beautiful male, I'm just, average. :-) But still I got a girlfriend finding me handsome.

• adidas0169

All my birthdays sucks and Valentine's and most christmases. this past one sucked even more so bc i was laid off and pretty much my wife didn't even of me for Christmas but yet she wanted something so nothing for our anniversary which is the eve nor Christmas from her. so i know how you feel. your still young dont be so down on yourself being with someone isn't always fun or the best. it will get better trust me.

Reply
  • Usernamesrdumb

There are 2 types of people in this world, participates and spectators. Try being a participant rather than a spectator. You're lonely, hire a hooker, your 25 and living at home, get an apartment. People need atop expecting everyone else to do things for them. you're an adult, Go adult!

Reply
  • somesaythat

Mate to mate, Valentine's day is an excuse for flowers to be sold, your birthday is one of the most important dates for yourself.

My opinion see a therapist or start reading self help books, doesn't mean your weak it means you want to change circumstances.

All in all I love you man, no one is 100% alone, and if you need some one to lend an ear Chuck me a message

Reply
  • ProfessionalMusician

I spent many lonely Birthdays on the road playing music and I was always getting offers to make more money but I moved to Florida and eventually met my Wife and you are young don't be in a hurry with your life you have time to meet someone else to be your one and only and be right for you and you will you'll see I have been in your shoes and I know that you will be happy so Happy Birthday and take your self out and have a great meal and enjoy the moment you deserve it.

Reply
  • trustmeimpolish

Sound like you need a nice birthday present to yourself, i see a 6 speed mt mustang in your future. Ladies love mustangs you know

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Waffles731

A man who is more like a father to me than my actual father has a 64 mustang, its the coolest car I've ever ridden in

• Киттйлинк

Most people have this training thought at some point in their lives wether they voice it out or not wether they show it or hide it, it happens to most but the moment will pass eventually.. people who truly don’t want to stay alone, don’t. All you have to do is knee trying regardless how many fail attempts it takes..

nobosy knows the future so don’t make things up and set a failed future for yourself before you even try.. you’re not even there yet..

maybe the person that was I love with you, you never noticed and only noticed the one that did you wrong... life is strange but if you try, you make it work. :)!

stay positive be in the worst situations and you’ll be happy!
    Don’t let negative people and pathetic comments affect you the wrong way.. take everything in as a motivation to be better. always!
    🥳 🎈 Happy early 🎂Birthday🥳🎈!! And I hope you achieve what you aim for!! Aim to the happy place! Just do it! 😜!!

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Bman4907

hate to break it to you, after 21, your birthdays are usually gonna suck. it's the whole you have to be an adult. You'll know that they have turned against you when you get your first set of socks as a gift. You slowly die inside as you get older.

Reply
  • goaded

It's old, but it's nearly always true: where there's life, there's hope.

Congrats on staying sober, keep it up. I hope your mum's surgery goes well.

Reply
    • Waffles731

No there isn't, I honestly wish my mother hadn't found out about my plan to off myself before zi turn 25

• goaded

Dude, she loves you. You'll hurt people if you do something stupid.

• Waffles731

Yeah living is hurting me, I have no hope whatsoever

• Sutol

Me too Buddy 😓 I've learnt to enjoy my company and not expect much from others. It only ever leads to disappointment, learning to be happy for myself and celebrate me is one the greatest lessons I'll forever treasure! I'll be glad to celebrate your special day with you and others of they're willing to join!

Reply
  • Show More (27)