My boyfriend got annoyed/irritated at me for coughing at night waking him up because I got an asthma attack?

I had an asthma attack lastnight. Whenever it happens, I am terrified because wake up being out of breathe. I used my puffer and it helps me to open up my lungs but side effect is coughing. You will cough out all the stuff so you can breathe.

I was coughing and coughing. My boyfriend woke up. It is not like somethig can be controlled by me. I kept coughing and he told me to go get some water. I know that water doesn't really help because you will end up still coughing the stuff out. I told him I just need to cough it out. Instead of being caring, he got so annoyed at my coughs that he started swearing and used his pillow to cover his head. I was still trying to catch my breathe and I got so upset at his rude behaviour. I started crying. He asked me very rudely if I want a glass of water. I was angry at that point while being sick and told him I don't need his help. He got so annoyed at that point. He ran down got me a glass of water. He slept downstairs and locked the dog in my bedroom. The dog woke me up from scratching the door so i let the dog out. I went downstairs and he was sleeping on the couch. I was like, seriously? He yelled at me saying how annoyed he was at my coughs and not doing anything about it. This morning when we were having a conversation, at first he wasn't even being apologetic. He stood hard saying that he only reacted the way he did because of my poor attitude? He also said I need to apologize for being rude to him when I wasn't feeling well. I didn't apologize because I stood strong that I did nothing wrong. I had to start a new conversation with him telling him that I am so hurt because how you reacted when I was coughing due to asthma. I was crying. He then admitted to me that his behavious was not acceptable and said sorry. But he is not doing anything about me feeling hurt. He just said moving forward eitheir I walk out of the room to cough or I cough into a pillow so next time argumentd won't happen.

• He's a jerk
  • He might not be a jerk but definitely Communication problem
Select a gender to cast your vote:

44

Most Helpful Guy

• the guy's a dick. Get rid. If a partner isn't there for you at your most vulnerable, then one must wonder what purpose they're serving. Likely even a stranger on a street would give you more concern and empathy.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is Telling me if you Stoop for his Poop, you will Stand for Anything he Throws your way. He is Inconsiderate, and it probably would Not be the First Time he did the Crime.
    Give it Second thoughts who You Want to Breathe with for the Rest of your Life.
    Good Luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• If he finds the fact of you having asthma a problem then he is better off letting go of you because where is his sense of care? definitely asthmatic people do cough and whizz most of the time depending on the environment, its just like saying "I want to make a fire but I dont need the smoke in the whole equation" which is literally impossible

• I read all of your questions
    Seriously end your relationship there is no point being in a relationship with a person like him he is seriously not interested in you and probably he thinks that you would put up with all his bs
    End it and find someone worth your time

• he is a jerk he should of been more caring and asked if you needed water

What Girls Said 3

• Nobody likes being woken up, but his behavior was way out of line. Telling you to walk out of the room to cough or cough into a pillow next time is still not an acceptable solution, because when you're coughing and struggling to breathe, trying not to wake someone up should not have to be your priority. He's being very self centered about this.

• yes he is a jerk that's one thing but it would have been better if you would have walked out of the room but then again I haven't been in your situation and I don't have asthma so I don't know what it's like.

• I understand he's annoyed. But I'm really not sure he's a friend.