The Best Songs For a Break-Up!

Breaking up is pretty hard to, actually it can damn brutal and so to ease that pain I have my list of favourite break-up songs I play on the way to work, or blast at the gym, or hum to in the shower (and sometimes cry myself to sleep with).

A break-up usually doesn't leave you for a while - no matter how tough you think you are. When you get your hart involved there are always consequences and I guess that's just a part of being human. Living, loving, and sometimes losing - letting go.

If you're breaking up, or just broke up with someone - take a listen to some of these tunes, they might just sweeten the pain a bit and make it all bearable.

Some are old, some are newer but they all work just as well. Whatever the case, these messages never get tired - I can put them on repeat until I'm tired of being sad, and then before I know it - I'm over it. That's how powerful music can be...

What's your list?

Lauryn Hill - "Ex-Factor"

Choice Lyrics: "I keep letting you back in / How can I explain myself / As painful as this thing has been, I just can't be with no one else"

Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love"

Choice Lyrics: "It must have been love, but it's over now / It must have been good but, I lost it somehow"

Toni Braxton - "Un-Break My Heart"

Choice Lyrics: "Take back that sad word goodbye / Bring back the joy to my life / Don't leave me here with these tears / Come and kiss this pain away"

Bill Withers - "Ain't No Sunshine (When She's Gone)"

Choice Lyrics: "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone / And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away"

Lana Del Rey - "Without You"

Choice Lyrics: "I'm nothing without you / All my dreams and all the lights mean nothing without you"

Adele - "Someone Like You"

Choice Lyrics: "Never mind, I'll find someone like you / I wish nothing but the best for you, too"

U2 - "With or Without You"

Choice Lyrics: "I can't live, with or without you"

Alanis Morissette - "You Oughta Know"

Choice Lyrics: "And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back / I hope you feel it, well can you feel it?"

Justin Timberlake - "Cry Me a River"

Choice Lyrics: "Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn to cry / Cry me a river"

Beyoncé - "Irreplaceable"

Choice Lyrics: "Baby I won't shed a tear for you / I won't lose a wink of sleep / 'Cause the truth of the matter is replacing you is so easy"

156

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Songs i can add:

Here's to the heartbreakers - Katy McAllister
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S26GxswXmBY
    "dont pretend like he was ever interested, he may have had you fooled by, the way he looked into your eyes, but no he really looked right through, through it all..."

Another you another way - Against the current
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROxHLEvsT8
    "you say that im the one who's changed, ill find another you another way" and "i couldnt see what you did to me, its not for the best, we're over and done with, and i just can't stay, another night, (the last thing that i ever wanted to do, was to say goodbye to you)"

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• Burn and you got it bad - usher tyrese - how you going to act like that - Cee-lo green F*ck You. Puff daddy - I need a girl Nazareth- love hurts Ne-yo - so sick
    So many to count to be honest

• A Spanish song
    Marc Anthony, Si te vas!

• really crap song (like real garbage) but nostalgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2rCK2SKASI

• Sia - Breathe Me
    Sia - My Love
    The Script - Breakeven
    Lovehatehero - Knees Bled Begging

• Bittersweet poetry by kanye west

What Girls Said 14