Will men let their pride stop them from coming back, even if they really want you back?

My boyfriend broke up with me after a healthy three year relationship. There was never really anything wrong with us besides the fact that the past three months we haven't been able to get along, due to our own personal everyday stress. We were never a couple to break up and get back together and he has said that if we don't work out that he will give up on women(yeah right). He also mentioned that once he is done with something, he is done. Now I understand that we had "issues" with one another but he was right when he said that we need to fix our issues on our own because we have tired fixing them together and have been unsuccessful. Given that, it has been one week and we have only spoken once. Although it went every well, he reassured me that he is constantly thinking about me, but this is for the best and there was I love yous and I miss yous on both ends, but he still doesn't wanna be together. Back to what he once said, is he really done with me? Is it crazy to think that we can still get back together or will his pride stand in the way of that?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• It depends. I had the same kind of pride as he did but then I realized--- I still love him and I really can't let go of him. But I do have a pride where if someone messed up, it's over. (I mean seriously messed up.) I said this to my ex when he broke up with me that we can no longer be friends, blah blah. I didn't REALLY mean it, even though instinctively, I would do this to a bad relationship, whether it be a friend, family, etc. If he really does love you (which he does say so), he will probably give up his pride. Take it as a test... if he doesn't return to you, it may be a sign that it wasn't going to work out. In order for love to happen, you have to let go of that pride and be vulnerable to one another. But I think you should give him some time to think it through and make him miss you... that way he will realize that he might really lose this awesome woman he's been dating for 3 years. I was only able to talk again to my ex after a month (I saw he was partying out through pictures online- ugh) but when he broke off that pride HE had and I answered him again, we hit it off for another year (unfortunately ended it again since things changed). A person doesn't just forget another person so easily unless they never really cared about you. Apparently he does since he still says so and talks to you. Just wait but if he won't shake off that pride, you should move on... and maybe he really will come to his senses when he sees you 'seem to' no longer care.