Why do I feel like im cheating on my ex?

I feel like im cheating on my ex boyfriend i can't date someone without thinking that im cheating why is that? he seemed to have moved on why can't i?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• So you believe that you're cheating on your ex-boyfriend because you're going out with other people and while you're with them, you can't stop thinking about your ex? And, he's moved on but you haven't? At least not emotionally.

Well, to answer the question in your title, you feel like you're cheating on him because you still have strong feelings for him so it feels wrong to be with anyone else, even just from a dating context.

Your last question about why you haven't moved on from him can have many different answers, especially depending on how long it's been since you've broken up, who broke up with who, why you broke up, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its totally normal to feel that way, you get used to being w/your ex and its weird to try to connect to another person in that way. Understand that you are not cheating on your ex, you need to move on. If you keep feeling that way, you are not ready to date just yet, you can end up hurting another person and yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• I was like this. I eventually was able to convince myself that I hated my ex, so I could move on. 3 years later I started seeing her again tho...

• Tell us your story! How did you reconnect?

• we both got out of long term relationships at similar times. hers was a few months after mine. she ran into my brother who gave her my new number and she texted me one day a month or two ago. I was very hesitant about seeing where at first, but I agreed to do so. once I saw her, old feelings came rushing back in. now I'm totally wanting her again and she doesn't feel the same way. we see each other every week or so. it's okay. I now know that I'll always love her, but I would never date her again. she's a siren. and she'll pull me in and drag me down Zn and end up climbing out on top, like she always does. she is too stubborn to ever change, no matter what.

• You have not met the one that will make your heart sing, yet...

What Girls Said 2

• You will eventually move on! Don't worry

• How long have you guys been broken up?

• 2 months

• I felt the same way. Notnonly did I feel guilty. UT I felt like I was ruining my chance for him to come back. But then I realized he legitimately didn't care anymore. I promise when you meet the right person you will feel no guilt. Until then just keep your options open so you don't miss out on someone great

• You are right i can't put guy in the jerk basket