Efficient ways to meet your "The One"

For the last few months after I broke up, I tried all my way to release my anger, fear, anxity and depression. I went to the bars, drank, got drunk, meet people online.. As a person who went through all of these and have met quite a few people that we really liked each other, now I'm sitting here want to share my feelings and experience on how to meet good people.

1. Go out with friends and meet their friends

This is of course one of the easiest ways to meet new people. Either to go to a friend's birthday party or just go to a bar and have a drink with them would help you to meet someone new. This way is especially useful for shy people who don't dare to go out alone.

Efficient ways to meet your

2. Dating apps give some help as well

Nowadays people deal everything online, including dating. No doubt that these dating apps help us to meet somebody new, and I've heard some friends told me that they've met their love through those apps. Indeed they are not bad because I also met my love on a site, but that's not a dating site, it's a site used for travellings. So if you are shy or too busy to go out, then chat with some interesting people online and try to meet them and consider if you want to continue.

3. Go out ALONE

The reason I put this method into the last one, it's because this is the most useful way. When I was younger I just went out with friend and only talked to my friends, but I never meet new people. The time when I really went out alone is from several months ago, when me and my ex broke up, I felt there's no way out and I didn't want to talk with my friends, so I went out drinking alone. Everytime I go out, besides the free drinks I can get, the most interesting thing for me is to meet people. Some of the guys are not my type but there are quite a few, we like each other and hit on well pretty much. A lot of people don't prefer to go out alone, they may think it's awkward and gives other people an impression that you don't have friends, but, who cares! Go out and you will get addicted to it. Especially for those pretty girls: go out, take a glance and see which bar has interesting guys and order a drink sit next to them, well, maybe leave one chair in between you and the guy in order not to give him an impression that you are a hook. And then wait for the moment. Most of the time they will invite me over and buy me a drink. The reason why I prefer this rather than meeting people on a dating site is not because of the free drinks I get, but because meeting people face to face is really amazing and attractive! With a little bit of alcohol and the right music rhythm, the moment will be more than romantic and the feeling will be more than satisfied. When you are on dating sites, you may find a person's pictures really attractive, but most of the time he lacks the property that you want him to have, and this you can't see it from internet. So even you think dating online saves time, this is not true! You wasted a lot of time chatting with him/her before you meet that person, but after meeting, you find it's disappointing, and this happens for most of the cases. So girls and guys, just go out ALONE and find attractive people and talk in a mature way, this not only for hook up but I promise it can also happen for a serious relationship.

Good luck girls and guys, wish all of us find the one!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• I want to try going out alone, but I'm not 21 yet so I can't go to bars or clubs, and most girls think it's creepy if a guy approaches her on the streets, at the park or somewhere else where it's not a bar or club. I don't know where it's ok to approach girls :S

• Not a good idea for a guy to socialize alone because he will have the impression of a loaner. Girls don't like guys who are loaners.

• Gonna do #3 this weekend.

• Not a hookup guy, but obviously there are those seeking a serious relationship

• I've been rejected by so many girls in highschool I'm not meant to have an SO

• Where do you go out alone?

• 4. Visit the grand exchange and ask if someone wants to be your girlfriend for 100k

What Girls Said 5

• All three are valid points. I haven't done #3 but I believe it's true. When I do go out with friends to events or clubs I am more likely to be approached by a guy once I'm separated from my friends then when I'm with them. Approaching someone while they're with their friends is nerve racking. Rejection is a horrible feeling but public rejection in that manner is worse.

• I do all of this. Love is just not meant for me.

• I was wondering if joining dating sites, but I did my research and they don't have spokesperson or the privacy policies are a bit fishy.
    I do agree with go out alone and meet friends' friends. All in all, this was a nice take :D

• Well I can still do #1 but not that kind of patrying lol but I still love your take! :D

• I think you make good Points but I highly suggest that people don't do online dating if they want a serious relationship. Guys on those websites are looking for flings and one night stands. Some of those guys online are already in relationships they just want to cheat. I think that the one will come to me I don't believe in looking for love. Personally I go out to have fun not to look for a potential partner, but that's just me