Things most guys wish girls knew about dating

Ladies, please note that your man 100% loves you but there are a few things that girls are universally naive(or know but won't admit) that us men hate in dating.

Guy friends

Ohh yeah I went there let's start with the big, no HUGE one. We KNOW for a FACT that 90% of your guy friends want to have sex with you. Ask any guy if he notices the hints that guy friends want to get in his girls pants, and most will say yes. My girlfriend for example, this guy came over from literally 2 hours away just to bring her cigarrettes and I was like " I don't like him" she said" oh all you men are just paranoid!" I answered :"Am I really? just ask him or you guy friends or even random guys what they think"

You bet your ass most guys admited to this, the cigarrette guy incliuded he blatantly answered her( she had me listening on 3 way call) he said" Ohh I only though you called me because you wanted me to be the side guy!" That was the end of their friendship.

Disclaimer: I wouldn't say ALL your guy friends want to have sex with you but I'd put my penis on the cutter that most would.(guys feel free to leave your thoughs)

Not all of us are the same

I know this one is very hard for some ladies who have been cheated, abused and just plain played by quite a few dicks. I understand that much but never EVER compare your new boyfriend to your exe's or carry the mistrust into the relationship with him. This is very hard but If you can't trust men, you shouldn't be dating for now. Good guys are left and right but if you meet one, and are not ready for someone good yet you're not going to be able to notice(or believe) the great things that this man can bring into your life!

We and or female friends know you don't trust them, and that is okay too

On the flip side of number one. We know you dislike or maybe even hate our female friends just like we do your guy friends but any man that cares for you will do his best to keep those friendships very casual and no "going out as friends" cause trust me that is a dangerous game for any man or woman. If you see your man going out with a friend on multiple ocassions very frequently I think you should start checking up on this "friend"

Note: Sorry guys gotta be fair with the girls too!

DON'T tell anyone about the problems you guys have!

Keep your relationship private without keeping your partner a secret. You tell your friend guy for instance you are having issues. If he does like you he will start to give you advice to leave the guy or to antagonize your man, on the flip side if it's a female friend. You know how some women are to each other, common term is "frenemies" I think. She might want your man and if she hears trouble is amist she might make her move on his weakest moment.

Disclaimer: I know not all friends are bad I'm just saying it could happen.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 17

• "Guys don't get jealous because we don't trust you, we get jealous because we know what the other guy is trying to do"

Is such a lame fucking cop out. What are you afraid of? That they'll try to kiss her? Fun fact: if she's a good girlfriend she will not kiss them back, worst case scenario she'll be shocked and stand still for a few seconds not knowing what to do, but she will eventually get the guy to back off in order to leave the situation. And in that case it wasn't her fault. She didn't control the situation. She didn't want to be kissed. So why would it matter that the guy is trying to pursue her if you fully trust her? If you trust her, you'll know that she'll do her best to reject the guy and leave the situation. So WHY in the world would you get JEALOUS of someone she doesn't even have any interest in, someone she will reject, someone she would never leave for you, if you TRULY, FULLY TRUST HER?
    Simple, because you don't actually trust her. And instead of telling her you don't trust her, you try to put the blame on the guy who pursues her. Don't use the guy as a scapegoat for your insecurities. If you fully trust your partner then you have absolutely NO reason to worry about guys hitting on her. None whatsoever.

• Also, I have plenty of guy friends who I have no intention to sleep with, and they know this. Why would they even be friends with me for years? Why "waste" all that time on someone you don't care about and only want to have sex with? I HIGHLY doubt guys are really that fucking desperate and simple-minded. You don't really have a very positive view of your gender, which is sad.

• Getting drunk isn't rape. It's a woman's responsibility not to get trashed around guys.

• @John_Doesnt a drunk person can't consent. Now leave this alone already, this is nearly 2 weeks old and I'm not one to dwell in the past.

• I'd be interested to know the age of the person who wrote this... maybe if you're in your early twenties or teens it's true about the opposite gender friends, but once you're in your late twenties/early thirties it's pretty normal to have a close knit group of friends made up of both genders and most of the time, your opposite gender friends are not trying to sleep with you or vice versa. Grown ups don't waste their time chasing someone who's uninterested and they certainly don't hang around pretending to be friends for months or years on end.

• He's not talking about old friends, he's talking about new encounters. If a guy you just met said he wanted to be friends with you that's bullshit 95% of the time, whether you're 18, 28, 38 etc...

• Right, but hanging out with friends of the opposite sex in a group setting isn't what were debating here. OP clearly said in his post "no HUGE one". So again, I'll rephrase my question; if your boyfriend hung out with a girl constantly or repeatedly, this girl being someone who hasn't been around his whole life but someone he met in the past year, would it not bother you simply based on your age group and the assumption that somehow people in their late 20s behave differently than those in their early 20s?

• @imnotcrearive honestly it wouldn't.

• Nice take!

Agree on all of those. =)

• Okay quick question...

So. Point 1: Guy friends.

If I grant you the idea that our guy friends want to sleep with us... what about your girl friends?

Can the same be said about you? Do you then also want to sleep with them? Why should you have female friends if you want to stick your dick in them and then deny us male friends?

• That doesn't really apply to this because then it's about trust and respect seeing as it is the guy who is in a relationship. As the picture above says:

"Guys don't get jealous because we don't trust you, we get jealous because we know what the other guy is trying to do"

Being attracted to the opposite sex is fine as long as you don't act on it. It's not about the ones who are in the relationship. It's about the intentions of the people around you. If his female friends are interested in him, then it's the same.

• Men always talk about how they don't have self control. Why be friends with girls you want to sleep with? It takes two to cheat. You obviously don't trust your girl. If you did you wouldn't worry about her guy friends.

• Men who talk about how they don't have self control are pretty weak. This is not about cheating or worrying about your partner cheating on you. It's worrying about them leaving you, or more specifically leaving you for someone else.

• Same can be said about " female friends" . We always know what a girl is really up to.
    Good take 👍🏻

• I agree with this take, you don't need to drop your male/ female friends just be aware what appropriate and what not. Going to lunch have fun, late night movies at their apartment not so much.

• I agree on the jealous guys being suspicious of the other guys rather than their girlfriends.

• So what you're saying is, I have to drop my two best friends (that I have known since kindergarten) to be in a relationship? Uh, no thanks.

• Have you at some point ever been intimate with any of them?

• @Spotme no, you can't. Please stop tagging me individually, as I am getting twice the required number of notifications.

• I understand. Sorry about the double tagging, didn't know that it worked that way. Anyway thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. You too @lumos. It was informative.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go tell a lot of people that I don't trust them. Actually I think I'll just update my Facebook "I don't trust anyone" and maybe put in a smiley face to not make it seem so dark.

• Interesting take on the subject matter

• I definitely agree with the last point. One of my ex's friends befriended me, but we were just casual friends, and he would tell me things about my ex to make me feel insecure about the relationship. I regret listening to him, because the day after the break-up, he snapped at me for mentioning my ex and started hitting on me.

I've learned from my mistakes and hoping my ex will forgive me one day and we can try again, because he was special.

• Good take. I can confirm all of it. 9 out of 10 guy friends will try to get in your pants eventually (or t least won't say no if you happen to make a move)

and no, I don't trust women who are not my friends with my man. There are only a few exeptions, my bitch radar is very accurate.
    However, I do trust my close girlfriends completely. I don't consider many people my close friends, and it takes a while until someone has earned my trust. So far I haven't been betrayed (luckily)

And in general it is always wise to not disclose every dirty detail of a relationship. Issues have to be taken care of at home and not online or talking shit behind his/her back. It is also wise to not disclose all the good stuff either. It's best to keep information to a minimum. Envy is a very powerful energy and somehow it does affect you.

• "(or at least won't say no if you happen to make a move)"

I think this is the most common situation. My best friends are girls, I'm not TRYING to get into their pants or anything, but if they offered...

• nice mytake.. but if he he thinks 90% of my guy friends want to sleep with me.. then he better leave his 90% of girl friends too..
    and yeah,, we should only keep few opposite gender friends.. the close one who we can trust. :)

• So true. The amount of guys I thought were my friends but actually were just trying to get into my pants. One so called guy friend got very aggressive and threatening when I told him I didn't like him like that and I had a boyfriend. Thankfully my older brother was at the same party and kicked the shit out of him.

• That picture caption makes absoloutly no sense.

Obviously you don't trust us... it doesn't matter how the other guy feels or what he wants to do, you should trust that WE would never act on it. It's not like if the guy wants to sleep with us that automatically means it's going to happen.

This post is stupid.

• Thats not what he meant. What he was getting at was that many relationships have been damaged or ended by a woman's guy "friend" who wants her and will play the good guy giving bad advice interfering in the relationship and twisting her thoughts all the while hoping to break them up so he can pounce on weak moment. The boyfriend will usually clearly tell her that he doesn't trust her guy friend but she will ignore it as jealousy. The classic maneuver is to come by after they have had a fight with a bottle of wine as a "thoughtful" gesture hoping she will be vulnerable enough to get her into the sack. These types of guys are single minded and always on mission. My girl had a few guy friends that were trying this despite my warnings, it wasn't jealously or lack of trust of her on my part but instinct. One of they guys did try it after we had a fight and another cornered her at work and tried it on when she said no he tried to rape her only her sister heard her scream and hit him

• my ex was almost raped thinking like that. she trusted a guy, hung out in private and he jumped on her. we don't trust the guy

• '' Automatically means it's going to happen''... there's this thing, called rape. The so called '' Friend'' could flat out try and rape the girl, drug her drink, make a move on her when she's drunk or passed out.

That's what us guys think about too. We just wanna protect our girlfriend's because we love them, and know what creeps some guys can be.

• No problem. Seriously- I wouldn't want to have a ton of guys friends and I already keep my life fairly private. As for my dating life I am going to let things get a little more serious, and then I will just state the basics; Name, Occupation and how we met. I'm also aware guys are different, besides they have same urges but their kindness meter will be Evil or Nice.

• Great take!

• Nice MyTake! :D

What Guys Said 22

• This is insecure bullshit..
    That's all I have to say about that.

• Short and to the point - fine take, dude. :)

• I agree with the idea that it's not necessarily your partner that you distrust, but the other person. Nobody is perfect and people can be manipulated into doing things they wouldn't normally do. Sad but true.

• *Round of applause* 👏👏👏 I agree with all of these--especially teh first one. I wish more women would realize this.

• People who disagree with this are disloyal or idealistic people who want to fuck people around or keep their head in the clouds.

• Girls shouldn't have guy friends anyways--they should be acquaintances or something. That would solve all the problems.

• Fucking sexist.
      What about guys?
      What about their female friends?
      Why should we ditch all our male friends for one guy?
      You're an idiot, sir.

• @buttheadkakakak Because if you love that guy, you would perhaps do anything for them.

• And whatever you say--I really could care less what you think of me. Call me sexist. . . whatever, I pay no heed to such things. I was actually trying to be sardonic, but you know what--that could actually fix myriad issues. (If you think about it).

• "We KNOW for a FACT that 90% of your guy friends want to have sex with you."

Sounds more like frat-type guys, where most of their friends are guys, so when a girl walks in it's a rarity and they all bite each other's heads off for her affections.

When I was in school, about 60% of my friends were girls. In a school that was 70% girls, so even then I was lacking. Hell, I lived with a lesbian couple and made friends with a lot of their friends. My guy friends weren't constantly trying to sleep with my girl friends, or "be nice and hope they come around" or any of that shit.

There were a few relationships and interests that happened now and again, but for the most part, if I was interested in a friend of theirs, we would date, test the waters, and if it didn't work out we'd just go back to friends.

When I would go hang out with groups where it was just bros who were friends, and their girlfriends just tagging along, it was like chimps in captivity. In fact, that is arguably accurate because of how hierarchical and competitive chimps are when they are in captivity and grouped up as males only separate from the females.
    Homophobia was outrageously and hilariously apparent. I mean hilariously, because they would shit themselves when I would taunt them by flirting as though I'm interested. An ego so fragile they are destroyed when a guy compliments them. Or you would be in a group of these dudes, and one guy would bring in his girlfriend. She would basically make some food, make a sports comment, and then leave. All the guys would be like like "dayummm, son. She so fine." talking about how much they would like to "bang every hole she has."

Yeah, that was not my group of friends by any stretch of the imagination. More girls than guys, some petty drama now and again, but I never really worried about a GF's guy friends, because I was usually friends with them, too. Everyone was friends first before they dated, so if we liked each other we would just say so. We treated each other like, I don't know, FRIENDS.

• I also agree with pretty-gurl-12. But she has me blocked because she said she was an idiot as a kid, and I said she wasn't, but that growing up is a struggle.

• I agree with the last part as I try to avoid mentioning relationships. I may well like her but I'm not going to say what I'd do or how I disagree with what their partner did.

• Except it is the girl who has any control over it, so yeah we 100% don't trust women.

• I agree with this 95% lol.
    The last point of don't tell anyone your problems, I agree you should never complain to the opposite sex about your relationship problems and that for the most part not mention problems to the same sex friends. Unless it's someone that has been time tested. Life long best friend who you can trust and you're not going to them to bitch about your issues, but to bounce ideas off of them. Sometimes getting some council (from a trustworthy source) is helpful

• Agree with the "were not all the same" bit. Having been used as a rebound, I was irritated by being compared to the girl's on and off ex as well as being used to make him jealous. Lesson learned, if a girl or guy complains about their ex, they are NOT over them.

• Good take, just to add a few things though. Firstly you should've mentioned you're talking about new guy friends and new girlfriends. When you have a history of friendship with someone it's unlikely they'll try and sleep with you after a year or 5 or 10 of knowing you. Second is to touch on your "were not all the same" point; you really should've emphasized to guys that if a girl is damaged or has trust issues or compares you to past relationships, it's not your responsibility as a guy to try and fix that. Those are her own issues and if she can't get past them don't get in a relationship with her because it will more than likely end up being toxic.

• Whenever a girl says "No, he's just my friend. He's not interested in me" I take a breath and hold my rage back.

• It seems like you think people in relationships ought not to have any friends. Yes a girl's guy friends might think about having sex with her, but that doesn't mean she would ever do it. Also, trying to isolate a person is the first sign of an abuser.

• this does not ring true with me my girlfriend has guy friends and i have girl friends and we allow eachother to go hang out with each we both trust eachother even if i do see that her guy friend has other interests in her i don't make her choose me over her friends or anything rash like that i just trust that even if the guy made a move she would say no call me crazy for being so trusting but she does the same with me and my girl friends i personally wouldn't be able to be with someone who is so jealous to not let me have female firends or anyone who is so insecure to let me hang out with someone of the opposite sex for a couple hours

• A couple of hours? A lot can happen in a couple of hours just sayin lol.

• Im not thinking about what can happen in a couple of hours because I'm not jealous or insecure and I trust she will be loyal @Ferretman21

• I'm not any of those things either, @Nicolas25. I just know the reality of things lol.

• Good take on the friend thing and dating.

It is amazing how women think they know men when they really don't, we men let each other know when we are competing against each other. One clue women always seem to miss, is when her guy friend hangs around when she is with the boy friend.

The being compared to an ex, is one way to have me ending a date very fast. I don't compare the present to the past, I am getting to know you and find out who you are inside.

When someone is comparing you to an ex a lot, take that as a sign that person is not over the ex. I have observed that most women with baggage from relationships, are the women that don't give themselves time to get over the ex and reconnect with themselves before starting another relationship.

Females don't like other females, it does not matter how long you have been friends with a woman. The girlfriend is not going to like her, and nothing you say will convince her that you are just friends.

Women that tell their intimate secrets to their friends, I have overheard women telling their bedroom business to friends. They tell their friends everything their guy likes, and most important they tell all the things they are not doing for their guy. By the time they are finished, they do not seem to realize that they have just told their friends everything they need to know to get into their guys pants.

• The last part is so true. Good take man you nailed it.

• that 1st thing is bullshit. ok, i might be in the 10%, but i don't wanna bone most of my girl friends. some of them are extremely attractive, but i'm not attracted to the vast majority of my girl friends, let alone the non-attractive ones. i feel like that's a built in excuse that a lot of people use to either try and date/hook-up with friends with no repercussions and/or a reason to square any friend the person of the opposite sex that their boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife has.

that leads straight into #3. i just see it as more friends. unless the guys and/or girls she's friends with is annoying or trying to fuck her, i really don't care who she's friends with. she had friends before i knew her so why should she stop having guy friends all together? as much as i want her to love me, i shouldn't be the be all end all of her life, nor should she expect me to think that my friends who i've known since pre school in some cases, i should never talk to again.

• You may be one of the good guys and not want to sleep with your girl friends... but I'm sure the majority of someone's girlfriends guy friends given the chance would have sex with her in an instant, just how most guys are.

• Yeah, pretty much. Very well done take bro.

• Good take.

• More from Guys
    2